What Watt do you vape on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeemoOpAf

Jul 5, 2018
There's so much stuff out there today, without knowing what you have for an atomizer and power device, it's impossible to offer any suggestions that will help you. As a general rule, start at a lower power level than suggested, and work your way up untill it tastes good and satisfies. This method should get you into the ballpark of where you should be power wise, then you can play with the airflow to find your sweet spot.
Thank you for your reply! I am definitely going to play with different setups. The airhole totally made a difference. I was wondering why my vapes are so hot but when I opened up the airflow all the way the max, the temperature dropped a little and it was a lot easier to inhale..

Reactions: ENAUD

TeemoOpAf

Jul 5, 2018
Ahhh, the wonders and excitement of the newness of vaping! Congrats to you, Teemo, and we all undoubtedly wish you joy on the journey!

As far as the "should" in wattage? The bad news is that there is no 'should'. The GOOD news is that there IS no 'should'!!

Much like the A/C in one's home, if it's too warm, turn it down...

Experiment and play and have fun finding your way to your own sweet spot. Every poster here has given you brilliant info and real life experience. Take it and vape happily.

Happy, very happy, and belated FIVE, Just Me!! Marvelous!!!!

View attachment 753509
Thank you so much for your comment! I feel so welcomed here and everyone is so nice! Like at first I felt embarrassed to ask a question like this cuz I didnt want to make myself look dumb, but people here werent mean at all and provided me with so many ideas and asked me to try different setups. I really appreciate people like you to make my vaping life easier and more enjoyable!

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Dude.. Hopefully I will get to understand what you're talking about soon.. My screen on the mod said 0.15omh.. but I dont know what it means lol

The 0hms are the resistance of your coils the 3.5mm id i spoke of is the size of the coil (ie the hole in it)
SS stands for stainless steel (ignore if you already knew ofc)

and my 24 Ga stands for the wire size or gauge (real measurement is with Awg)

Anything else you'd like to know :p ?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I originally wanted to replicate the way I smoked MTL (mouth to lung). I've never been into DTL (direct to lung) vaping or blowing clouds. I vape .5 to 1 ohm coils at 9W to 13W and that provides flavor and vapor and allows me to stealth vape in stores and restaurants.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, you will totally figure it out. Just keep playing around. Some of us (me for example) tend to have a very narrow wattage range, while others find a lot of enjoyment from going to very restricted to rather open, much higher vape production and wattage. Just be sure you are sort of tailoring you nic (which can be pretty individual) to how much vapor you are using per puff. Etc. Welcome and glad you are enjoying vaping. You just will absorb more info as you go, LOL.

Anna

Reactions: Letitia

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I am wild man, out of control. I vape a 0.66 Ohm coil at 10 Watts. There are times when I have been known to go to 12 Watts.

WILD CHILD!!!! WAY over my huge 8-10 watt range!!!!!!!! (on plus 1Ω koils!)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
isnt that too low of wattage tho? does it even produce enough vapor?
Depends on the OHM(resistence) of the coil used. Higher OHM uses less watts than a coil that is .48 dual(meaning 2 coils which is more to heat up than a single coil) so it requires more power/watts.

Vapor is also dependant on the pg/vg used in the ejuice you vape as well as the watts.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread