What Watt do you vape on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeemoOpAf

Jul 5, 2018
Thank you so much for your reply!!
High res for salts is kind of a "new fangled" thing as salts are a new innovation. I'm pretty old school, been vaping since 2005 so to ME I still think of a 1.2 ohm coil as low resistance lol. It's a general rule, but most folks who prefer mtl vaping use high resistance and low watts. We get called tootle puffers. To me, I get more vapour from my beloved kayfun or berserker with a 1 ohm ish coil somewhere between 10-20w then I ever did from the old stinkys and I'm happy cause it tastes good and isn't hot. I frankly have so much scarring in my lungs fro repeated bronchitis when smoking that I'll never be comfortable with dl and never be able to put out champion clouds. I can do clouds sure but frankly I'm stubborn and don't enjoy it, I really love flavour and to me, my tastebuds are in my mouth, so I like to let my vapour hang out there before hitting my lungs and I max my taste by exhaling through my nose usually.

For the spitback issue if it's wicking, try to get a neat little product called cotn threads. Only limitation is you need to wrap on 3mm. Not saying you need to use them all the time, but one pack might help you get a feel for how much cotton is the right amount and how it should look, feel and perform. Sometimes a little vg added to juice in the hot summer weather can help the issue too.

Vape happy and vape on!

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Hi everyone,

I am new to vaping. I was wondered what Wattage should I vape on. I tried from 50 to 70 and to be honest, I couldn't tell the difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!

I vape around 50 watts in TC mode and sometimes up to 70 watts. It all depends on preference and what tank and build you're using. I can be happy with 30 watts with a lower airflow to get the density I like.

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
@https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/members/teemoopaf.333813/, the wattage you vape at has to be matched to the airflow your atomizer is capable of delivering and the wire gauge of your coil. Larger coils allow larger wicks and the combination allows the wattage to be cranked up. High wattage requires larger wicks that hold more juice.

The number of coil wraps, the diameter of the coil, and the wire gauge in the coil play into the resistance of the coil. The resistance of the coil also determines the sweet spot for wattage levels in your vape.

Go here to look at all the parameters that determine "sweet spot" wattage when you wind a coil.
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
tj, your tag line is one that is etched into my brain, and for GOOD reason. Tag line of the YEAR(s)!

"The biggest and most common mistake is buying product after product searching for that perfect vape
instead of learning how to get that perfect vape from the products you already have."

Agree 100%, @tj99959 tag line caused me to shift my thinking completely about vaping. I not only enjoy it more but also began saving all that money I thought I would save when I started in to vape.

Last edited:

Mikedin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
western new york
Pick one and I’ll tell you what I vape it at lol

Mainly I vape at about 60 Watts on a set of Clapton’s at .40 ohms (twisted messes RDA on a sigelei 150 tc mod

For me it more depends on what kind of juice I’m vaping and what makes it taste / vape the best to me

Attachments

• AA58F147-563E-4E46-B366-3FB5A5EF473A.jpeg
    AA58F147-563E-4E46-B366-3FB5A5EF473A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread