Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Manufacturers could take note of this thread. So far, nearly all responses have been 50w or lower, with the lion's share below 40w. While I'm sure (I guess) there's a market for 100+, it's most likely a small share. I'd like engineering to start boasting of extended charge life. Yeah, we get longer time by our choice of wattage on a 200w VW device set to 20-40w. But, it just seems to me (logically or not) the device can't be optimized for lower wattage efficiency while engineered for arc welding ability. High capacity cells, with lower discharge rate capability, are my cup-o-tea.

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2019
North-Central PA (flyover country)
I've always wondered if a 200W mod operating at 20W would last longer. Heat is the enemy of electrical gear and it wouldn't be working very hard.
As for the lower wattages, you've got pods.

To the tune of the spam song: pods pods pods pods, pods pods pods pods, PODS, WONDERFUL PODS......

Last edited by a moderator:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I've always wondered if a 200W mod operating at 20W would last longer.

No doubt about it. If I were a high wattage vaper, like 100W or above, I probably would invest in DNA mods over Chinese mods. Better components on the board and probably withstand the heat better.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Manufacturers could take note of this thread. So far, nearly all responses have been 50w or lower, with the lion's share below 40w. While I'm sure (I guess) there's a market for 100+, it's most likely a small share. I'd like engineering to start boasting of extended charge life. Yeah, we get longer time by our choice of wattage on a 200w VW device set to 20-40w. But, it just seems to me (logically or not) the device can't be optimized for lower wattage efficiency while engineered for arc welding ability. High capacity cells, with lower discharge rate capability, are my cup-o-tea.
    I personally think they already know the only reason we pack dual battery mods is for the battery life . But because we buy with faulty marketing they keep it up...lol

It would be nice to see what optimisation would do though.. :)

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    I've always wondered if a 200W mod operating at 20W would last longer. Heat is the enemy of electrical gear and it wouldn't be working very hard.
    I think this may be a good point, never mind the pods tangent. If they're engineered to handle cloud chasing, the components may fare better at human vaping levels. Not just the heat, the current itself may be an issue, like LED lights that burn out sooner than they should because of over-driven components.
    A hopeful thought for my high-powered devices that'll never be cranked up.

On the other hand, the only regulated mod failures that come to mind for me were problems with switches and/or connectors.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Not just the heat, the current itself may be an issue,

Right and that current causes components to heat up on the board the higher you push the mod. This is the case with all electronics. But the higher quality the components, the longer they will last before they crap out from the heat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread