The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What wattage will apply for my rda

Discussion in 'RDA' started by Danielben21, Jul 16, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Danielben21

Danielben21 New Member

Jul 15, 2020
    I got the dead rabbit by hell vape, I build a single coil with the thicker n80 wire.
    I wrapped it around 8 times and I dont know on how much wattage I should vape it.
    I'll upload two photos once from the top of the head and one from the side so you could see on how much it is.
    I just dont know much about rda I was used to the uwell crown 4 so I hope you could help me vapers.
    Thanks for reading it.

Attached Files:

2. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Asking how much Wattage to use on a build is Kinda Like asking how much Salt to put on Eggs?

Some like just a Tad. Some like a Good Shake. Others like a Lot. (And some Don't Like any at all).

I would just start at 20 Watts. And then go up 5 Watts at a time until you find what You like.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome to ECF, Danielben21. I wouldn't be much help here, as I would never use a .3 ohm coil (not that there's anything wrong with it, if your cell(s) can handle it and you like it that's all that really matters), as I prefer a coil with at least a 1.4ish ohm of resistance. I agree 100% with what zoiDman posted.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CagedSpam

CagedSpam Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2015
    FoPo, Oregon
    If you are new to RDA's spend some time getting to know them. Here's a vid of a friendly chap that enjoys vaping.

And maybe tighten the unused coil screws just in case you lose one or they short against the top cap.

Enjoy!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Richard Winter

Richard Winter Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Exactly what @zoiDman said, start off low and increase the wattage in steps till you find your sweet spot. It's the same principle when using any tank, RTA or RDA.
    You will also find when building, each coil will require different wattage depending on the wire gauge, wire type, inner diameter etc and of course it's also down to the individual preference on how they vape.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    Tree-fiddy

• Like Like x 3
  7. Redbird11

Redbird11 Ultra Member

May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. TrollDragon

TrollDragon ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    The first thing I would do is remove 1 wrap so the coil fits between the posts without the overlap of legs on coil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Ditto. When you first install a coil (before doing the wick) you should do a "dry burn" Start with lower watts and slowly increase the watts. Pulse the fire button until the coil glows orange (don't overdo this) Look for "hot spots"... you want even heating (or at least glowing from the center out)