Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
The years 2010 and 2011 were big years for us vapers & the whole hobby.
Year 2010, we had broken into the VV mods! We had the Buzzpro, the Provari, & VaprLife mods.
That was IT! thats ALL we had! Does anyone else remember this?
Then the REO Grand VV came out, borrowing the same chip that the Buzzpro mod used...

I can remember trying my best to get people to consider that Vaprlife Diamante VV mod over the provari. It was the ONLY other mod on the market with an LED screen that read your voltage haha. I just hated that damn provari and the fact that provape was robbing pockets of 200 bucks for a battery tube...

Finally... Everything changed, when the 1st mass produced VV mod hit the market.. the LAVATUBE!!
we finally had a mod with LED screen, to compete with that DAMN Provari mod we all loved2HATE!
I remember spending many a night in PROVARI VS. lavatube threads here on ECF...
and I must-of spent a good 3 months of my life (in hours, all together) trying to convince n00bs in the new-members forum, to go with the Lavatube over the Provari...

and then... my Lavatube's firing button broke... & i bought my Provari mini.. and it all changed... :p

ahhh, what were ya'll vaping in 2010-2011?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Started in Feb 2011. I remember the Lavatube coming out. I even have a Lavatube clone (Lambo). I bought a used Provari though when I got fed up with my SID. Cheap piece of junk.

But, in 2011 I was still dripping on a 306 and using an eGo (not a Twist, just a plain old, non-VV eGo).

Reactions: Plumes.91

Paul M

Feb 3, 2010
Hobbs NM
I was using a Precise 18650 and 10440 mech mod by Super-T. Dripping on a 1.5 ohm 510 atomizer. Still pull them out every once in awhile for nostalgia sake. Like picautomaton I relapsed. It was just so much harder back then but it did keep me from 2 years of smoking. When I found my way back in May of this year I was blown away at the advancements that had been made. It is so easy now compared to then.

Eekins

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Some kind of Ego device I got from a convenient store, battery was crap, like 450mah and the tank was even worse. Vaped on it for about a month on 18mg nic juice and started getting sick from it, so I stopped. It did what it was supposed to though, got me off cigs for a whole 2 months after I stopped with the vaping. Then some stuff happened and I went back to cigs, couldn't find my device so I just stuck to analogs until someone saw me smoking literally 10 feet away from a vape shop last year.

Paul M

Feb 3, 2010
Hobbs NM
Some kind of Ego device I got from a convenient store, battery was crap, like 450mah and the tank was even worse. Vaped on it for about a month on 18mg nic juice and started getting sick from it, so I stopped. It did what it was supposed to though, got me off cigs for a whole 2 months after I stopped with the vaping. Then some stuff happened and I went back to cigs, couldn't find my device so I just stuck to analogs until someone saw me smoking literally 10 feet away from a vape shop last year.
I took my mother-in-law with me to the local vape shop a few days ago and when she got out of the truck she lit up a cig. I asked her if I was going to an AA meeting would she stand outside with a bottle of booze and slug it down? She moved way off to the side of the shop.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Bought my first device, and I use that word loosely, November 2011. A little cig-a-like kit that consisted of a couple of 180mAh automatic stick batteries w/charger, an atomizer and 3 cartridges. It was enough to let me know that this could work. :D By the beginning of 2012 I was on to bigger and better.

Reactions: Plumes.91

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Very cool to hear where everyone was just a few years ago. I was busy researching all of the latest and greatest mods for sale. In 2010 I was doing everything possible to bad-mouth the provape provari mod... I was trying to tell new vapers looking for their first VV regulated mod to go with a Lavatube or a Vaprlife Diamante (a 1 foot long mod with a gigantic pixel LED screen that lit up in 4 rainbow colors each and every time you hit the fire button :p I hated the Provari with a PASSION at the time...

Got my Lavatube in the mail and I just remember thinking it was much smaller than I thought it'd be... That thing was the biggest piece of JUNK this community has ever seen... and we ALL had one. EVERYONE. lol... And look at the companies that sold thousands of those things and made MILLIONS off of our vendors and us vapers... Did they REINVEST in market research? Did they come-out with a better quality device, there-by speeding up the technological advancements in our mods... no, they just... disappeared.
-____-

So here's to you, L-Rider... For making millions off of us and then pretty-much disappearing from the market. :)

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Go back 1 more year, and in 2009 I was using a Blu E Cig. Before they were bought by BT, when they still used Johnson Creek "smoke juice" and came in Tobacco, Menthol, Vanilla, Cherry, and Java (my favorite) flavor. I used that for maybe a month. They were awful. The "atomizer" was separate from the flavor cartridges, and it used some material similar to SS mesh that just sat on top of the filler material. You were lucky to get 30 pulls before it went bland.

[Slightly OT] I remember watching on YouTube back around the same year (2009-2010) (maybe someone can help me with this) an older gentleman, white hair, and I believe a full beard, who had about a 30+ minute video about this PV that he machined himself. I want to say it was a genesis style (or maybe that was the name) He was taking orders for those, at (what I thought at the time) was an unreasonable price of $200+. He went on to vape it and it was a HUGE cloud, but the work to get this thing safe, and functional was WAY above my level. SS mesh, wraping wire around it, but WOW was it awesome looking. I really wish I could find that video again...

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I was vaping Marlboro Blues.

bush_doing_it_wrong.jpg

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Go back 1 more year, and in 2009 I was using a Blu E Cig. Before they were bought by BT, when they still used Johnson Creek "smoke juice" and came in Tobacco, Menthol, Vanilla, Cherry, and Java (my favorite) flavor. I used that for maybe a month. They were awful. The "atomizer" was separate from the flavor cartridges, and it used some material similar to SS mesh that just sat on top of the filler material. You were lucky to get 30 pulls before it went bland.

[Slightly OT] I remember watching on YouTube back around the same year (2009-2010) (maybe someone can help me with this) an older gentleman, white hair, and I believe a full beard, who had about a 30+ minute video about this PV that he machined himself. I want to say it was a genesis style (or maybe that was the name) He was taking orders for those, at (what I thought at the time) was an unreasonable price of $200+. He went on to vape it and it was a HUGE cloud, but the work to get this thing safe, and functional was WAY above my level. SS mesh, wraping wire around it, but WOW was it awesome looking. I really wish I could find that video again...

That would be Zen... Swiped the design from Raidy

cllmda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oh Lord !!!!! :blush::blush::blush:

I was using a 510 DURA automatic from Janty WITH pre-filled cartridges!

A nice THIN glossy black cigarette lookalike with automatic battery - my main interest at the time was that it look & act as much like a real "cig" as possible... be nice and thin and unobtrusive and lady-like ;)....

That very quickly became totally secondary/unimportant to me though-as everyone had predicted it would!!! :) :)

The cartridges would lose their flavor after about 10 minutes,just like a piece of gum does, and I started refilling myself with some ejuice I purchased...that was the beginning of everything for me!:thumbs:

Started "dripping" by putting 2-3 drops directly onto the little 510 atty .....tasted great but def not very convenient so....

Quickly passed on to an EGO + carto then to bigger & more & more powerful egos then VV/VW + clearos (evods, those old clearos with the 4 long strings etc etc) then finally to the aerotank mini and mods (my first was a sigelei Zmax) then to the nautilus/mini nautilus...

NOW am on Provari 3's+ kabukis:wub::wub::wub: on all of my set -ups ! Got a Radius in the closet waiting for Xmas ;) !!!

(except for rushing out and about..... for stealth reasons I use an Istick 30 +mini nautilus, also so as not to have to worry about breakage, being knocked around etc.)

PS : Those "early days" seem so far away and the equipment used seems so outdated now! BUT ........it still managed to get me to quit a 30 cig a day habit!!!!!!!

I quit from one day to the next with a s****ty 9.99 $ throw-away cig, the kind you find at convenience store check-out counters (actually, that WAS where I found mine while shopping for something else one day and I thought to myself "hey, looks cool,let's give it a try"...I wasnt even specially trying to quit smoking but as soon as I tried it I knew right away that it COULD work for me with this kind of setup!I used the throw-aways for about two weeks before researching online & ordering in some more heavy-duty long lasting equipment...The 510 DURA ...LOL! Once i discovered the forums I switched to a manual EGO,as per everyone's unanimous advice ! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread