What will become of ECF in the aftermath of a ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
What will become of ECF in the aftermath? If flavors are banned and refillables get banned as well, would discussions about such subjects be allowed to continue? Where would the forum go from there?... monetizing the site might also be more difficult. I would hate to lose such a valuable resource.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
What will become of ECF in the aftermath? If flavors are banned and refillables get banned as well, would discussions about such subjects be allowed to continue? Where would the forum go from there?... monetizing the site might also be more difficult.
This is an international forum, based out of the UK to the best of my knowledge. If the USofA goes prohibition, then talk will still be allowed. First amendment is what it is.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
This has been brought up before and management has been quite adamant: The forum isn't going anywhere. The owner isn't an American, and it can be hosted pretty much anywhere (in fact, due to Cloudflare, it's quite difficult to determine where it is actually hosted). But even if it was American, we have this thing called the First Amendment.

As for the monetary aspects, hosting a forum like this isn't that expensive anymore.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I think there's a distinct possibility that ECF traffic and activity might increase if this travesty continues on its current course. People might be looking for a place to come for information, or possibly just camaraderie, and/or maybe even information on what/how to fill a need.

Maybe I'm just trying to find something positive, as inconsequential as it may be.

Mind boggling, this whole thing.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I think there's a distinct possibility that ECF traffic and activity might increase if this travesty continues on its current course.
That's how I see it to. I truelly think vaping will survive this furnace. In fact it'll be stronger for it. There's just no way they can kill it.... and we all know, what don't kill makes stronger.
This place will as I see it, become more of the go to hub if times do get more trying.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Perhaps the ECF will expand its horizons, we now have a THC thread. Miracles happen.

Good point. I know I posted about this a while ago, but it's now in the cannabis forum. I agree with ECFs decision to start the Cannabis subforum because there is little doubt in my mind about the vape side waning in activity and will continue to do so. ECF is a great place for vapers to converse, but there's a business side too and anyone that has run a business knows that side has to be kept fed for anything to happen. It's not cheap to run a popular forum. They're also right not to wait so they can try to establish themselves in the sea of forums about cannabis on the net.

Has anyone here been to many cannabis forums? I did a while ago when ECF first put the banner up about comments on starting a cannabis section. I was like WUT??? Not my ECF. But after some thought I decided to hit the net and see what that subsection of humanity was like. There are more cannabis forums on the net than I can count Do a google search on "cannabis forum" and see the 95,000,000 results populate. I know not all returned results are actually forums but a huge amount are. Many of them have individual threads that have over 100,000 posts in them. These are really active and I expect them to grow. There are many forums about specialty sections of cannabis other than general forums like cultivating, extraction from plants, food making, making crystallized products, making skin care products, more than I can count about CBD alone, etc., and even those are huge. It is much bigger than the vaping scene has ever been.

If this is the best way to ensure ECF stays around for those of us that survive the great vaping purge we're facing, I guess I'm OK with that. It's a compromise I can easily live with to ensure I can continue the conversation with everyone here. I guess it's dank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread