What will become of ECF in the aftermath of a ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I agree with ECFs decision to start the Cannabis subforum because there is little doubt in my mind about the vape side waning in activity and will continue to do so. ECF is a great place for vapers to converse,

I've also got no problem with the Cannabis Forum, even though my drugs of choice are caffeine and nicotine.

But I don't see why the nicotine vape side of ECF will wane in activity? Us nicotine vapers aren't going anywhere. Plus there's all of us international vapers using ECF.

If anything, I see it increasing - as we help new and old vapers find gear and juice locally or internationally, help people learn to diy successfully, rebuild coils successfully and so on.

Plus from what I've seen of nicotine vapers - they talk, A LOT ;)

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    If anything, I see it increasing - as we help new and old vapers find gear and juice locally or internationally, help people learn to diy successfully, rebuild coils successfully and so on.

I agree. This is what I see in our future here.

PT3.JPG

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
    They're slowly taking away our amendments, so I wouldn't hold your hold breath for anything.
    Recent vape hate in the news is a good test for our community. Its how you respond & fight back.

Ie,, below is a copy \paste,,,, before you read it, understand it only depicts my savings that flowed right back into my community,,, I intend to match that $$$$ in shopping boycott,, I figure 6 or 7 vape haters won't mind paying an extra $300-$600 of property tax on my behalf. ( Imagine if 1million vapers boycotted shopping!)

My point,, letters, protests are good for getting attention,,, but your pocketbook always screams louder.

Posted yesterday :

I was wondering about tax revenues lost.

Lets use my $15,000 saved from smoking that turned around and went right back into the community.

Money spent by consumers is always expected to change hands 6 or 7 times,, that is normal.

$15,000 x 6 churns= $90,000
    $15,000 x 7 churns= $105,000

$90,000 @ 8%local tax rate= $7,200 of tax receipt the govt collects
    $105,000 @ 8% local tax rate = $8,400 tax receipt the govt collects

Even if you divide by 4 to represent 'per year',, its $1800-$2100,, easily added to someone else property tax----Dont forget,, this is only my impact,, you have to multiply by #of vapers willing to send a message to the govt with their $$

Politicians are so freaking stupid,,, vaping is a far bigger golden goose than they think,, & their treating it like the plague
    Now that I'm boycotting shopping, eating out & nonfree activities,, the govt gonna have to tax somebody else,,, & I don't want to hear any whining!

I'm not going back to smoking!

Last edited:

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    The sky is falling. THE SKY IS FALLING!
    So many victims.
    The sky fell on the heads of our shop owners here in MA. Our governor is losing favor. I was practically in tears watching one of the owners (owned 4 shops) lose his mind about paying his rents, employees with families, his own kids' support, etc. They came to his door without proper notice and slapped a piece of paper on his front door. He pointed to $60,000 worth of product and asked, "What am I supposed to do with all this?" The poor man was in a state of shock. There's a handful of owners being represented by Attorney Craig Rourke who's trying to get an injunction on the ban but Gov Baker is being stubborn. They are also suing Baker and the state of MA. I hope to God they win.

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    I spoke to my doc friend today who supports vaping and I filled her in what was happening with the ban and the black market cartridges. She was appalled by what the governor did and explained that when they have a public health emergency they put out a warning that the product should be considered use at your own risk until proper investigation is completed. She can't understand his over reaching actions. Can you imagine a major pharmaceutical product being pulled off all shelves because someone said they think it poisoned them? No, it's only after investigative efforts are completed and evidence found. MA did it backwards. First they banned everything vape related and then they asked the CDC to investigate the cause. There's something very dark and suspicious around this. That or shear stupidity and lack of compassion for business owners and their employees. AND their customers who rely on them. I live with a smoker and vaping helps me stay off the cigs. Sorry for the rant but I'm still angry and have contacted the governor and our AG. I might be writing again soon. Their stock answer is if you have any complaints please visit our office. HA! I'm not sure they want ME there. Not in this ramped up state of mind.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    I spoke to my doc friend today who supports vaping and I filled her in what was happening with the ban and the black market cartridges. She was appalled by what the governor did and explained that when they have a public health emergency they put out a warning that the product should be considered use at your own risk until proper investigation is completed. She can't understand his over reaching actions. Can you imagine a major pharmaceutical product being pulled off all shelves because someone said they think it poisoned them? No, it's only after investigative efforts are completed and evidence found. MA did it backwards. First they banned everything vape related and then they asked the CDC to investigate the cause. There's something very dark and suspicious around this. That or shear stupidity and lack of compassion for business owners and their employees. AND their customers who rely on them. I live with a smoker and vaping helps me stay off the cigs. Sorry for the rant but I'm still angry and have contacted the governor and our AG. I might be writing again soon. Their stock answer is if you have any complaints please visit our office. HA! I'm not sure they want ME there. Not in this ramped up state of mind.
    or... CORRUPTION!!! Orange jumpsuits for the lot of them...

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    The sky fell on the heads of our shop owners here in MA. Our governor is losing favor. I was practically in tears watching one of the owners (owned 4 shops) lose his mind about paying his rents, employees with families, his own kids' support, etc. They came to his door without proper notice and slapped a piece of paper on his front door. He pointed to $60,000 worth of product and asked, "What am I supposed to do with all this?" The poor man was in a state of shock. There's a handful of owners being represented by Attorney Craig Rourke who's trying to get an injunction on the ban but Gov Baker is being stubborn. They are also suing Baker and the state of MA. I hope to God they win.
    That's what happens when you elect communists leaders. Elections have consequences. It's only going to get worse before it gets better. The point is it's been coming and people should have been preparing for it. Like I've said many times it won't effect me BUT it shouldn't be happening anywhere. This is obviously government over reach.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    Perhaps the ECF will expand its horizons, we now have a THC thread. Miracles happen.

really... when I joined, any chat about drugs would get your post removed, and any talk about 100mg/ml nic was taboo also... and would earn you an asterisk ******

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    That's what happens when you elect communists leaders. Elections have consequences. It's only going to get worse before it gets better. The point is it's been coming and people should have been preparing for it. Like I've said many times it won't effect me BUT it shouldn't be happening anywhere. This is obviously government over reach.
    I know and I can't believe this guy is a Republican. What happened to capitalism and deregulation? We just got regulated up the wazoo! I'm not trying to get political or point fingers because I can't stomach it right now but I'm confused. Why won't it effect you?

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
    I know and I can't believe this guy is a Republican. What happened to capitalism and deregulation? We just got regulated up the wazoo! I'm not trying to get political or point fingers because I can't stomach it right now but I'm confused. Why won't it effect you?
    Likely because he has already bought all the equipment he needs, all of the nic he needs,, likely cutting down on flavors to the point no flavor is no problem,, likely has built his stash of parts for repairs,, cotton/rayon,, wire. In the end he only needs vg maybe pg or d-water. This vape hate culture can hurt unprepared vapers &the vape haters but be more of an annoyance to those already prepared.

-prepared myself,, but I am fighting back with my checkbook by avoiding taxable events.

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread