• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What would YOU like from a B&M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimjack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Arizona
Hello all,

I'm hoping to get some feedback from you folks, especially if you happen to live in the West Valley.

What kind of products would you like to see?
What is important to you in a local B&M?
Would you rather order online or visit a local store?
What's missing from the B&M's around today?

Appreciate any and all feedback!

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I love me the convenience of a brick and mortar, and happily pay for that convenience.

A good sampling area is key. We have some good ones here in the Valley, but honestly, the best one I've ever been to was in a Vaporescence in San Antonio. Here's some pictures from my visit that'll illustrate how they do theirs. Lots of selection, the ability to drip test on your own gear, a cleaning solution to clear the atty between flavors, and enough separation from the main flow of the shop to allow for a leisurely, un-pressured session of flavor exploration. I'm sure it's not the cheapest way to go, but it makes a big impression on the customer.

That being said, we have some great shops here in town, and more popping up all the time now. They all have merit and I'm looking forward to your addition to the scene. The only thing missing from any of the ones I've been to is a pinball machine or two. vaping lounges are great, but a vaping arcade would be monumental.

For me, anyway :)

thefallofray

Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
Mesa, AZ, USA
I agree with everyone above. I'd love a great, relaxed testing/lounge environment. SOmewhere to be able to test new flabors without having to blindly pick and hope. Also, reputable gear. No knock-off egos and all that. But I would like to see gear covering the whole spectrum of vapers. From the newest of the new, to vets. I also think carrying DIY/rebuildable supplies would be a huge benefit. Overall, just a nice, relaxing, friendly place to browse, buy, and meet new people. Also, maybe offering classes of some kind would be helpful. Or clinics. GIY juice, rebuildables, battery safety, stuff like that. And I second davelog, a vaping arcade would be awesome.

thefallofray

Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
Mesa, AZ, USA
And I like the idea of a good, wide variety of juices. I've seen some shops juice lists and at most it's 4 or 5 makers. I get that it's probably expensive to order all the different flavors and nic levels from the different makers, but I personally don't feel compelled to go buy juice from a limited selection at a shop when I can find most, if not all of the flavors online for comparable prices or cheaper. Especially if I can't sample. I personally don't own a dripping atty, (it's in my to buy list, but my vape budget is low)so I can't usually sample at places. Or, they just don't want to be bothered to open a bottle. So I think a good juice selection and the ability to sample, is a must. But that's just adding on to my previous post.

thefallofray

Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
Mesa, AZ, USA
Here's an idea I've pitched to a few folks as well - think of a food truck, but sell vape gear and juice from it. You can have regular spots where you stay on certain days, and cover special events (concerts, sports, etc)... a mobile vape shop.

That is a great idea. But I have a feeling the legalities of it would be sketchy at best and would get quickly shut down. It's a great idea though.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Love the mobile vape shop idea! LOL

I live on the West Side... Surprise, Tolleson, Goodyear, Litchfield has zipola for a real vape shop (I think there is still one B&M near me, but he was concentrating on just starter kits (KR808) and a few liquids, I think eventually he got some 510 kits, maybe eGo. Went in 2 times, bought nothing. (Dysart Rd./Grand). One recently opened out in Litchfield Park (Camelback/Litchfield Rd.) but I haven't made it out there yet, not really convenient for me, as I don't go to that area for anything. Will someone PLEASE open up out here in Surprise?!! LOL

I'd love to see a shop concentrate on keeping lots of the great local made liquids in stock (Hot Rod, JVapes, Crystal Canyon Vapes, etc.). We need to support local made liquids. Quality DIY supplies are lacking in AZ as well.

Lounges: Not my cuppa tea. IMHO, I'd rather not pay for someone's pinball machine, games, party lounge for their "friends" etc. I want to be able to go in, maybe try a few new liquids and get what I originally came in for at a good price and get on with my life. When I see that kind of atmosphere (and all of the extra square footage they're paying rent for just to have lounge sofas, tables, chairs, flat screen T.V.s, refrigerator stocked with iced coffee and energy drinks, etc.), I know I'm generally taking it in the shorts big time on pricing. I'd rather see an owner pay a bit extra to have an extra knowledgeable employee or two with some sales/customer service skills behind the counter. :2c: *shrugs*

Sorry to be a bit "late to the party", but...

Being that I live around 175th Ave and Greenway (Surprise and Wadell area) I'd like to see someone open a nice B&M store out this way.

Heck, even a "boutique" (very small) storefront selling juice and basic starter kits. Throw in a few lower-to-higher-priced mods, a fair selection of "parts" (coils, o-rings, etc) and a generous "taste first" sampling area AWAY from the counter/cash register. (Look, I'll gladly wait my turn, but, if all I want are 3 clearos and 5 bottles of juice, that I already know the name and nic levels of, I'd rather not wade through a crowd who are just sampling flavors and who _I_ think are in line to pay...) Knowledgeable staff, no pressure sales, PATIENT people willing to talk TO you and not AT you.

OF COURSE I would love to see a nice larger shop out this way, but since I live out here and work near 84th Ave and Bell Road, honestly?? I would settle for a 300 sq ft showroom rather than wait for the weekend to make THE TREK out to the Far East...

EcigsAZ by Dysart and Grand Ave is on the way to/from work and would fit my needs, but...I have issues with this shop. (Totally personal and not anything "bad", it's just not a shop I am comfortable with... However, it could be that the theme from JAWS runs through my head as soon as I turn off the ignition in the parking lot. But, then again, I am not normal, so there you go...)

The next closest to my home is Zikwid @ 51st Ave and Bell (17 miles) or Xtreme Vapour @ 6690 W Cactus Rd (16.5 miles). Zikwid is "close" to work, but, The Princess would poison me (AND make me go clothes shopping with her) if I went to a vape store without her. Definitely a "no-brainer" choice.

My preferred shop is 22 miles away and that is just too far for The Princess and I to drive for a "spur of the moment" juice or coil run. We usually plan a morning or afternoon jaunt out there and since there is an El Pollo Loco nearby (her fav fast food joint, who, in their infinite lack of caring for us, ALSO has decided to ignore the West, West Valley), with the food thrown in, it costs me a fortune for 3 bottles of Tropical Tantrum!!!

Yes, I could order it on the 'net, but it's not the same. I like the face to face interaction. I like seeing things I want and can't afford. I like the sound of opening the door on a Brick and Mortar storefront and being greeted with a "Hi, I'll be right with you!!"

Couches and pinball machines are fine for someplace like the Women's Wear section at Kohl's (really, if they did that, men wouldn't look quite so forlorn and dejected in there while waiting for the missus to not find anything she likes in her size), but for a small start-up out here in the Vaping Wilderness of the West, West Valley?? Not Needed. Later maybe, but not now.

It's hard for me to collar friends who smoke and drag them all the way across town to make them see the clouds of reason. A local shop fixes that issue... I could just say we need to stop by the local vape store to pick up a few things on the way to Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart or the local motorcycle/quad/wheeled-vehicle-of-death dealer...

OK, off my soap box, for now.

The Princess and I will be trying to make it to the Westside meet tomorrow (10/20) so all those I have offended can freely verbally and physically assault me for my reckless abandon and idiotic notions...

Cheers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread