Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Love it. You don't see many small mechanical setups like that any more.
Certainly nothing that nice. You can tell that a lot of handwork went into it. I envy you that mod, @MsLoud You just can't get anything like that anymore. Now all the new mods apparently need to be 25mm or bigger.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Certainly nothing that nice. You can tell that a lot of handwork went into it. I envy you that mod, @MsLoud You just can't get anything like that anymore. Now all the new mods apparently need to be 25mm or bigger.
The JM16 was a gift from a very special member here. Since receiving it anfew years ago, this has always been within reach. Normally it carries my Spheroid v4. Testing out my Tiny tanks for a few new arrivals this weekend. I need to get a family pic when they get here.
Thank you.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Tauren SSGoon.JPG

Another nice bench setup. THC Tauren mod with a Goon V1.5. The Tauren is rock solid and quite heavy. It also has a lower voltage drop than any other mod I own.

You're welcome, @MsLoud

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but some of the new mechs are just horrendous looking. Some of the “classics” are simply gorgeous, and it does make me chuckle when I see all these comments regarding a mod with speed holes and tail fins saying how “awesome” it looks. Seems “classy” has been replaced with “cool” nowadays.

Each to their own though. Just my 2 penneth...

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
VirtusPyra.JPG

It's amazing how so many vapers treat anything more than 5 years old as some sort of ancient relic. More like a year in the case of regulated mods. Although I must admit that my Provari's are much less useful than they once were.

On the left is a mod that I acquired recently and love dearly. In the era of 22mm tubes, there weren't a whole bunch of contoured mechs. This one is exquisite, from CV1 in California. The "Virtus", the only mod they ever produced, as far as I can tell. It's an amazing example of the machinist's work. Steel on brass threads are just about the smoothest I've ever felt. The voltage drop is respectable, under 200mV. But everything is just so smooth. Amazing copper fire button. Beautiful mod, wearing a NarTa clone from Coppervape.

On the right is a Pyra, from RNV Designs in Indonesia. A more recent mod, also very well made. No CNC machine ever got anywhere near this piece of metal. All handwork, with a voltage drop of just about 100mV. The splattered vinyl heatshrink is amazingly tough. Very nice, and reasonably priced, too. Wearing a Kanger Aite Tank, another great single coil RDTA.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
PHDRB2B.JPG

Dead Rabbit on a Purge B2B. Another setup that you could take to a Scottish bar with you.
071403.JPG
Cute cat photo. My shop crew. Shiloh (the long haired gray cat) is my shop supervisor. She spends a lot of time watching me, so I am being supervised. Sasha (the black and white cat) is my shop floor helper. She helps a lot. She tries to open drawers and finds little bits of stuff to play with. She also gives me leg rubs. So there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread