Victoria, Australia
    Pumper 18 and the .Blank rda:D
    image.jpeg

cadman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Going old school. Hades 26650 mod and Cerberus rda.

Just being nostalgic, found it in a vape box in storage and decided to rebuild and try it again. vaping equipment sure has improved in the last 5 or 6 years...lol

IMG_20200426_215457137.jpg

3 coil build came out to .2 ohms

IMG_20200426_220058215.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2019
    Yeah it’s really weird when I’m watching throwback videos and we go waaaaaaaaay back and it’s 2016. 2016 wasn’t that far back at all usually when any topic goes way back it actually goes way back. Seems like the history of vape has been just a quick flash so far and advanced really rapidly.

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2019
    Hopefully this isn’t too much of a derail but do you guys have any cleaning procedures that you’re partial too? So far I’ve seen ketchup, I’ve seen vinegar and salt (with baking soda at times), various metal polishes etc. All seem to have their pros and cons, are there any that stick out as the better option in your opinion?

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    DSC00137.JPG

My ol' and battered Swag 80w with Wasp Nano RTA on top and on the side my Innokin Zlide.

Had to include the knock off bottle of baileys i bought today for 4.99 euros,don't judge me i had a rough week :oops:

p.s. ''IT'' on the backround as well,it's Stephen King's second best book written EVER,1st place goes to The Shining.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Hopefully this isn’t too much of a derail but do you guys have any cleaning procedures that you’re partial too? So far I’ve seen ketchup, I’ve seen vinegar and salt (with baking soda at times), various metal polishes etc. All seem to have their pros and cons, are there any that stick out as the better option in your opinion?
    Any brass not touching juice I use brasso, if it will contact juice I use ketchup and clean after in soapy water thorough,ly so the smell doesn't stick around. Stainless, glass, etc. I use a toothbrush, dish soap and water, sometimes rubbing alcohol. Just soap and water with plastic.

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    Any brass not touching juice I use brasso, if it will contact juice I use ketchup and clean after in soapy water thorough,ly so the smell doesn't stick around. Stainless, glass, etc. I use a toothbrush, dish soap and water, sometimes rubbing alcohol. Just soap and water with plastic.
    You're not using lye to get rid of the lingering smell that the soap causes, are you? For soap I use only the kind of dishwashing detergent the smell of which doesn't stick after I rinse thoroughly with water. Ketchup works on brass and copper, but to get the final bit of residue out of the tiny nooks and crannies, I recommend using an ultrasonic cleaner after removing the ketchup.

As for brass or copper not touching juice, I always use Cape Cod polishing cloths. Cape Cod smells like soft vanilla as opposed to having a penetrant smell of petrol, and it adds an invisible protective layer that keeps the metal shiny for about twice as long compared to regular stuff like Brasso. I also use a big sized microfiber towel (normally used for polishing a car) with that... along with a VandyVape polishing rig for my brass or copper RDAs and tube mechs:

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    You're not using lye to get rid of the lingering smell that the soap causes, are you? For soap I use only the kind of dishwashing detergent the smell of which doesn't stick after I rinse thoroughly with water. Ketchup works on brass and copper, but to get the final bit of residue out of the tiny nooks and crannies, I recommend using an ultrasonic cleaner after removing the ketchup.

As for brass or copper not touching juice, I always use Cape Cod polishing cloths. Cape Cod smells like soft vanilla as opposed to having a penetrant smell of petrol, and it adds an invisible protective layer that keeps the metal shiny for about twice as long compared to regular stuff like Brasso. I also use a big sized microfiber towel (normally used for polishing a car) with that... along with a VandyVape polishing rig for my brass or copper RDAs and tube mechs:

No lye, I use unscented dawn. Good tip on the polishing cloth. I use Brasso because it works, I've used it for years, and I already have a bottle. No UC, I want to get one for cleaning a lot of things, very useful machine, but haven't done it yet.

Reactions: dripster
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread