What you do for a living? How did smoking affect your work Vs. Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
So thinking about work got me really wondering what you all do for a living, and how smoking has affected all of us at our workplace.

I will start :)
Recently resigned Martial Arts Instructor of 10 years, as I now just work from home due to some certain disagreements with my previous Manager(master..)
I actually starting smoking recently after starting martial arts, at 15 I didn't really care about how bad they were. Anyways through my 7 years of smoking I still managed to make it through some of the most brutal workouts this worlds ever seen. My lungs never got in that bad of shape but last year I finally noticed that I had gone from smoking a pack in a week to almost a pack a day:smokie:
I could not have smokes at work obviously being that I was a teacher to many kids, and was not going to be telling them that it is okay. I had to be very secretive and I absolutely hated it. Always had a designated place for clothes that I wore to work because i knew they did not smell.

On the home side I already smoked when I met my gf and she accepted(hated) it, and finally sent me over to see her brother at a local tobacco shop. He sent me out with an EGO mini and little disposable Clearo, and for the next few weeks or so I had like 2-3 cigs a week. Getting over that habit of going out to have a smoke was hard. Finally bought a decent Ego VV and was using the Evod 2 tanks, finally what got me off the cigs.

Happily working from home now and vaping. Have reduced my nic from 12mg to 3mg and really am happy to be off the Stinkies..

So now what do you all do?:vapor:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I turned these
    001-4.jpg

into these for a living
    001-5.jpg

And, as the owner of the business I said where & when you could smoke.

You could smoke here

but not here
    911engine1.jpg

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    I work from here er home. Luckily my boss owns this website and it's all about vaping. Granted, I don't get paid, but the benefits are outstanding! I get to boss all you guys around. Muwahahahahaha!

Seriously, the benefits are great. I get to converse with a lot of great people. :)

When I was in the job force (as a smoker), I went out for a break every couple of hours. Much needed time to clear my head of stuff that I was working on. Bookkeeper/Office Manager/Receptionist.

I should add, for a little while I was working part time and I was able to vape in the small office. Not out at the reception desk though.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    My first job was in a factory that made shotgun cartridges. They kept the powder in half underground bunkers in a secure area, which I never got to go into. It was actually a crime to smoke in the secure area. While I was there security did a spot check and found one guy with cigarettes and a lighter. He got 3 months. His buddy got a suspended sentence for having a pack of cigs. And they weren't even smoking. They were idiots though.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I edit video in a dark office of my own.

Every once in a while someone will come in and ask what smells so good.
    In a building with about 60 employees, maybe 2 or 3 know I vape.

3 years ago, I would have to clock out 2 or 3 times a day. Now, I only clock out when it's time to go home.

Last edited:

Portertown

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 20, 2013
    Greenville, NC, USA
    Before I retired I was a mechanical engineer at a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant and it had gotten to the point you could not smoke anywhere on the entire site. I started vaping after I retired.
    Now all things to do with vaping has become my new "job" , but it brings in no money. The only money that flows is money going out to buy the latest and greatest vape gear.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    I worked in the food service industry for 13 years, mostly as a server. I was a smoker and a drinker. I loved smoking, but then around the age of 30, I started feeling like crap. I saw a co-worker with an eGo/Stardust setup, and I was amazed when I hit it -- I got myself the exact same thing, and never looked back. Quit smoking real cigs almost overnight. I got a call from a local store and got offered a job and I've been there ever since. So to answer the other part of the question, I vape constantly. At work, obviously, and at home. But I use carto tanks so I still save a ton of money on juice. I've had 60 mls last me six months. Say that, drippers! ;-)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread