Whatever happened to the PP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
haha .... it was a 10440 battery using, cigarette sized PV, with a cammed top (so again, no exterior button) I wasn't happy with the amount of time I was getting from the 10440 (maybe 2-3 hours) so, we took the engineering behind it, and are now using it on the Protege and new Prodigy.

I totally agree the 10440 battery SUCKS. Vapor production drops off quickly and just didn't like them. The 14500 is much better.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
I think there are (CR2s?) that would give you 6v but the batt life would suck.

yup. unless one used non-recharge-able batteries which is just a no no.

i haven't found any rechargeable CR2s or 14250s that are worth anything, for this cause.

i'm searching for a way to try 5v. haven't really figured it out... would hate to spend even 70 dollars to try something i'll hate... so i've been devising my evil plans for a home-made passthrough/battery box + rca connectors... been looking for a 5v dc power supply that is a wall plug... i found one but it was like 20 bucks and up to 2.2 amp which i think might be a little much for the attys lol... (which i haven't done enough research to know if it will over juice the attys, or just use what it needs...)

another cheap alternative i'm looking at: here

wire lead + rca button housing = 1.3 (fully charged 1000mah NiMH AAAs) x 4 = 5.2 un-loaded. it would last me all day i bet... a 900mah 14500 lasts all day... so i dont know how well it would work. was even thinking about modding that battery housing to drop into a pv... but it would make it a Fatty.

i wonder if NiMH batteries can blow up... heh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread