Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
Okay, about 3 1/2 months in at this point (started vaping/quit smoking on 6/3). I've gone from my starter ego set up with CE4's to T3's, to an MVP with Protanks, am now mostly vaping on an SID with cartotanks. Got an Octopus rda that I'm playing with and enjoying as a project more than an all day vape tool, mainly because, while I enjoy the definite taste advantage, frankly dripping is a pain in the ... while doing anything beyond sitting in front of the TV or computer. I have about a million different things I'd like to try, mostly due to you people talking them up here on ECF, but I'll be damned if I can decided what to get next! A genny, like the RSST or AGA? My first mech? I'm tempted by the drip-on-demand appeal of something like a REO or Vmod, but my experience with the MVP and the SID tells me I lean toward tube over box mod, and I have yet to come across a tube style bottom feeder (though this isn't necessarily a deal breaker). I'm kind of leaning toward a new mod first, just for the whole "back ups for your back ups" peace of mind, but is it even worth getting a mech without getting an RBA of some kind to go with it? Do genny style RBA's give a drip-like vape, and how do they work with something like the SID? Any suggestions or advice on where to go next much appreciated! Needs me a new toy, stat!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
disco_ball2.gif
Confused.gif

pretty...shiny...pretty...shiny...

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
Well, it ain't a Reo. It is made with cheap plastic and thin aluminum, but it's also a lot cheaper than the other BFs on the market. Mine's taken some pretty serious abuse and keeps on chuggin' along. If you have the $ to spend on it everything I've heard says the Reo would be worthwhile but I remember you saying you were on a budget and the Vmod is definitely a good entry level BF and would also be your first mech

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
Well, it ain't a Reo. It is made with cheap plastic and thin aluminum, but it's also a lot cheaper than the other BFs on the market. Mine's taken some pretty serious abuse and keeps on chuggin' along. If you have the $ to spend on it everything I've heard says the Reo would be worthwhile but I remember you saying you were on a budget and the Vmod is definitely a good entry level BF and would also be your first mech

Fair enough. You're right, it IS priced right. I'll keep it in mind.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
I love dripping, hands down it delivers maximum setting every vape as long as I keep the coil ungunked by dy burning everyday before dripping.

The bottom fed devices I have gotten over them after looking at the oxidation of the 510 connector and thinking this goes back into the bottle! Pro builder bottom feed users use cotton to stop the gunked tars by soaking every squonk up but I can taste the cotton even when washed etc etc..

The only device that is as good as a dripper is another dripper IMo.. Genesis style etc are good but not as good as dripping, apples & oranges..

The best atty I have built/used to date, is a custom built CE6 with a 1.2 ohm ss mesh microcoil it was amazing but I crack'd the tank with a citrus juice. It was perfection of warmth flavor and vapor output.. I found a metal tank casing for the ce4 @modvapes and will eventually rebuild that monster.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
You might want to try the Aro tank - I love the way they vape- good on the Sid too. At a good price here(and her juice is excellent!):

CLEAROMIZERS - TimelessVapors

I appreciate the suggestion, but I've found I prefer cartotanks to clearos, just prefer the way they vape.

I've been looking at mechanicals, found a couple I like the look of and the clones at least seem very reasonably priced. However, I'd definitely be using a kick, and when you add the price of the kick to the price of the mechs, it seems to bring it in line with VV/VW devices. If I'd be using a kick to regulate anyway, is there really a point to going mech other than aesthetics?

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
I appreciate the suggestion, but I've found I prefer cartotanks to clearos, just prefer the way they vape.

I've been looking at mechanicals, found a couple I like the look of and the clones at least seem very reasonably priced. However, I'd definitely be using a kick, and when you add the price of the kick to the price of the mechs, it seems to bring it in line with VV/VW devices. If I'd be using a kick to regulate anyway, is there really a point to going mech other than aesthetics?

Engine horsepower pure unadulterated horsepower.. The amps of a mech can fire off a dual, triple, quad, heck ive seen it fire off a twelve coiled monster.. Limitations of a vv/vw device are its regulator and the biggest regulators/switch are only 5amps and they still have ignition cutoff at 10-15secs. A mech has no cutoff and can fire up to 40+watts.. There are only two regulators that I know off hitting 20watts in vv or vw thats a l-rider lambo 6.0 or the dna20.. Its a huge difference in vaping but its not if you dont build your own coils it all will vape exactly the same vape that any other device does at 1.5ohm and above..

The mechs working voltage is only 3.6-7v but the amperage is where it leaves other ego style vv/vw in the dust..

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
I would give you some advise but first, you're a Patriots fan and secondly, you live in one of my most favorite places in the U.S., ok, I'm jealous. Sry, I really have no advise cuz I'm a noob but reading posts like this help me learn. Carry on...

It starts with looking.. then maybe a small order... next thing you know... you're check the usps tracking site every hour for your FT shipment of 40 or 50 mods... you know.. just for back ups...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread