The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What's a decent multimeter to buy?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Horselady154, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Horselady154

Horselady154 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    I don't want or need the very best. I just want it to function for e-cig needs. Testing batteries, atomizers, etc.

2. Horselady154

Horselady154 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    Anyone have one they like?

3. browneyesno2

browneyesno2 Full Member

Feb 14, 2010
    at home
    I got my multimeter from Harbor Freight for around $5 I think. Dirt cheap, functional and most of all, easily replaceable given the price.

I also picked up a resistor and cables (with the alligator clips) from Radio Shack to round out the meter.

If you are just getting into it, this is the cheapest kit around (total price around $10-$15).

4. Riverboat

Riverboat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Arizona
  5. Eric1217

Eric1217 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2013
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    You never said what are you going to use it for for rebuilding I usualy just use this one

multimeter.jpg
    got this one from Madvapes

for actual Multimeter I just use what ever is available at my local Radio Shack

6. Cavediver

Cavediver Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Buford, Ga

I wanted one of those, but they've been out of stock for a few weeks. Instead, I bought a pre-wired 510 connector from Madvapes:
    Prewired 510 Battery Connector, Sealed

I'm going to install it in one of my work trays and wire it to some extension leads for my (existing) multimeter. Not as nice and easy, but it'll work. Once that's done I'll check my nice meter against the HF special and see how well the HF meter does. I'm sure it'll be fine, but one never knows...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.