Whats a good dual 18650 Regulated box mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroldal

Aug 13, 2016
My buddy is slowly getting into vaping and was wondering what new stuff out there is great for vaping. He currently has a Wismec Reuleaux 200w but wants something a little smaller but still has some power to it. Preferably something under $150. Any info helps! Thanks in advance

Sigelei and the ipvs from pioneer4you are also recommendable next to the smok and Joyetech products. downside to Sigelei, it has no upgradeable firmware and the Chips of the IPVs tend to give you more accurate data about your power, voltage and resistance than Sigelei. I personally still like Sigelei stuff pretty much, because they are work horses and have robust and safe hardware.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Sigelei and the ipvs from pioneer4you are also recommendable next to the smok and Joyetech products. downside to Sigelei, it has no upgradeable firmware and the Chips of the IPVs tend to give you more accurate data about your power, voltage and resistance than Sigelei. I personally still like Sigelei stuff pretty much, because they are work horses and have robust and safe hardware.
The Sigelei 213 and Fuchai 213 have faulty temperature control though. Important to know Bertie before purchasing.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
Please be aware that batterys play a big part in available wattage. A mod may say 200+ watts but with dual 18650's at 20Amps you'll only beable to vape safely at around 120watts.

Please use this formula to calculate to available wattage based on your battery:

Watts(+10%)/mod cutoff voltage=Amps required. Coil resistance plays no part on a regulated device.

Also a list of Mooch's recommended batterys:

downloadfile-14.jpeg

Last edited:

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
Smok Alien, Smok G-Priv, Asmodus Minikin v2, Lost Vape Therion 133.

As @opticruby pointed out, you're safe up to 120w with a pair of 20a batteries. With a pair of true 30a batteries (like LG HB6), you're good up to about 175~180w, but will be charging more frequently due to the lower available MAH.

Honestly, it's up to your vaping style. I've personally found anything over 120w uncomfortably hot.

Reactions: Eskie

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Smok Alien, Smok G-Priv, Asmodus Minikin v2, Lost Vape Therion 133.

As @opticruby pointed out, you're safe up to 120w with a pair of 20a batteries. With a pair of true 30a batteries (like LG HB6), you're good up to about 175~180w, but will be charging more frequently due to the lower available MAH.

Honestly, it's up to your vaping style. I've personally found anything over 120w uncomfortably hot.
I'd recommend the Therion 166 over the 133. Newer (the DNA250 chip vs the DNA200 chip(, higher maximum wattage, reverse battery protection, and 2 amp charging.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Oh that's right, I forgot they released it in 166 after I went 133. *grumbles*
The 133 is replaced by the 166 I believe. Though if a good deal can be found on the 133 I'd definitely go for it (if I'd need another DNA mod. Happier with my Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf mods actually).

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The 133 is replaced by the 166 I believe. Though if a good deal can be found on the 133 I'd definitely go for it (if I'd need another DNA mod. Happier with my Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf mods actually).

That's essentially what I did. It wasn't even a matter of a bit better price, but at the time it was impossible to find a 166 and the release/availability date really hard to pin down. Honestly, the extra 33W wasn't meaningful to me and as I charge externally the 2A charging wasn't a biggie either. The only thing I would like to have from the 250 board is the reverse battery protection. I'm very careful about that as it is, but a little backup is nice to have as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread