What's a good ratio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prettycat191

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Plano, TX
I do a 40/60 PG/VG ratio and get a good TH, flavor, and lots of vapor. The recommended amount that I've seen from many juice vendors is 70/30 PG/VG. 50/50 would probably be good too.

Yeah...that was a lot of help wasn't it?
1sm047whistle.gif
:D

Prettycat191

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Plano, TX
Lol, I do 10mg of nic (which is apparently waaaaay low for you :p), and flavor is dependent on the recipe I'm using and the strength of the flavor. My all day is 20% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, and my Fruit Punch is about 10% flavor. When I did 12mg of nic I had a higher TH, but I like a smoother TH which is why I do the higher VG ratio.

I recommend trying the higher VG in a small mix first and see if it's enough for you; I haven't used nic from where you got it, so I'm not sure how it will be for your tastes. If not then try 50/50 in a small batch and see how that is.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
Oh hey, you're back. I couldn't wait for your reply, so I used your 10% nic. Now you're going to be wondering how I figured that out. I'll see how this is. I used 15% flavor. I tried the caramel this time. I made 10ml, and it's the best flavor of juice I've made so far. Tomorrow should be better. I love the vapor, but the th is a little bit low for me. It's good enough that I feel like I've taken a drag, but just a bit on the light side. I've always thought that I needed more PG than VG. I guess I was wrong. Maybe if I bump my nic up to 15mg I'll get a better feeling.

Thank you, Prettycat.

Prettycat191

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Plano, TX
I wasn't technically gone, just reading some stuff for a 6 page essay that I have to write... *sigh*

I know how you figured it out, we had this conversation last night :p

What kind of caramel did you use? My fav so far is a caramel/bavarian cream combo, but I haven't found the right caramel for it yet (it was a mix that I created when I first started vaping and ordered from Gourmet Vapor).

Raising the nic should increase the TH, so maybe that will help :)

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
lol, I knew you'd know how, because you knew what I normally use. I just looked at the invoice, and it's regular LorAnn's caramel. I want to make some caramel apple, but my buddy has had all the apple since Monday. I haven't been able to get with him to split that up.

I'll wait until tomorrow night to mess with the mix. It's good enough for right now, I pulled half a ml out for tasting, not too much. I like this vape as I go creating thing. 10 mls should last me two or three days, and I have some other stuff to use while I'm waiting for this stuff to steep a bit. Actually, it's a pretty a sound plan. Mix 10mls to be used in two or three days, meanwhile I'm using the stuff I made a few days ago. It rotates perfectly.

Prettycat191

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Plano, TX
Lol, yeah. I need to try my recipe with Lorann's caramel, I have that one just haven't used it yet. The problem with the stuff I got from GV is that it had a peppery TH, so I could only vape a couple of drops then switch to something else. It lasted me a long time at least :p

I want to make a caramel apple too, but Lorann's is too candy like, so I need to order some FA or TPA apple to try. I love caramel apples but can't eat them much because eating apples is hard on my sensitive gums.

I finally figured out that I'm vaping about 3ml's a day, hadn't measured it but I'm getting through 18ml's in about 6 days, so that's about right lol.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
Yeah, I'm doing 3 a day too. You must be my long lost twin. :laugh: Caramel/Apple for the win. I've really got to go to bed. Just before I came home from work, my car started funny. I shut it down, and it wouldn't start again. The starter was just spinning. I put the car up, and went underneath. The starter is missing one of the two bolts that hold it on, and the one that's there is loose. I have to fix that in the morning, hope it's not raining. I had to have someone push the car, while I popped the clutch. I drive a manual. So, goodnight, sleep tight. Thanks again.

Desertfremen

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
MI
I really don't know what a good VG/PG ratio is. :oops: The only PG that is in my juice comes from the flavouring and koolada.

However, because of this I really had to experiment with the different ways to increase TH. Even with vaping about 40mg nic VG based juices just don't have much TH.

The one major thing that worked for me is vodka. I don't even mean the high powered stuff either, just regular 80 proof vodka. This plus adding just a little bit of TPA Koolada at 1% in the total juice mixture greatly enhances TH. Sometimes I do leave the Koolada out on sharper flavours but not often.

My mixes can contain anywhere from 9-14% 80 proof vodka. The only con I've found to using vodka is that it can make the juice too thin but you can usually taste it at that point too so you'll know! Since I think your mixes will contain less VG than mine I'd start even lower say 2 or 3%?

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I think the right PG/VG ratio is as subjective as the right flavor.

Yepper! But to answer the original question, I've vaped 80/20 - 50/50 PG/VG so far. For DIY, I found 60/40 the best 'compromise' for me.

After vaping for six months, I've found that flavor and vapor are my main concerns. Maybe due to smoking secession, I've found that TH is not as critical as the other two. Ergo, the 60/40. The nice aspect of DIY is that I can boost the flav to my desired taste.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
I'm seriously liking it the other way around. I'm getting good vapor, good flavor, and a TH that makes me feel like I took a drag. This was all covered on the first page. But, thank you guys for your answers. PC nearly hit the nail on the head. Only thing is, the TH is a little bit light. But, it's there. That's what I was hoping for, along with good vapor.

Prettycat191

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Plano, TX
You finally figured out my online nickname! PC is always what everyone shortened my screen name to on the online games and forums :p

I used to drive a stick too, but minivans don't come in stick :(

Have fun fixing the starter, hopefully replacing the bolts is all you need. I've had to replace a couple of starters on my cars, easy and not too expensive even if you need a new one. Speaking of which, I need to go change my oil, time to dig out the oil pan and pick up some oil and a filter! Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow, it's cold today :D

Glad you found the ratio to your liking, hopefully you figure out how to increase the TH soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread