What's a good starter RBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Cunningham

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I had 2 clones (forgot which ones, I think Trident and Nimbus) and I watched some YouTube video's and put them together. And the taste was either burnt or the flavor/vape wasn't full. I used 28g kanthal wire and organic cotton.

Is there a good rba to get (US or fasttech) that is good for beginners? Also is any organic cotton fine or is there a specific one on ebay maybe that would be better?

wrthog

Dec 14, 2014
bella vista,ar
Fornu burn or not full flavor inagrre that it could be ur wick. But also what nic juice are u using. If a high nic it may taste burnt but its the nic ur tasting or ut was for me when i first started wiyh a nimbus. The stillaire v2 is a good rda but as for rta's im not sure dont have one just yet. But i have been thinking of getting the lemo once the holidays are done.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I had 2 clones (forgot which ones, I think Trident and Nimbus) and I watched some YouTube video's and put them together. And the taste was either burnt or the flavor/vape wasn't full. I used 28g kanthal wire and organic cotton.

Is there a good RBA to get (US or Fasttech) that is good for beginners? Also is any organic cotton fine or is there a specific one on ebay maybe that would be better?

Well if you made a 0.4 ohm single coil or 0.2 ohm dual coil and had it on a mech, then yes it would have been burnt;
or if you made a 2 ohm single coil or 1 ohm dual coil on a mech, it would have been pretty slow.

The magma is easy to build on
1754904-2.jpg

$12.51 Magma Style Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I like my 30mm veritas:
1776804-1.jpg

$11.50 Veritas Style Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (29.6mm Version) - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

and if you build on a regulated mod, you can adjust your power to suit your build instead of having to adjust your build to suit your voltage.

Neolithium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Some pics would help us figure out what's going on, as well as what device you're using it on. Burnt taste usually points to wicking issues, if you have too much cotton you'll be choking it in the coil and it can't wick juice to it fast enough. What resistance did you build, what's the inner diameter, etc? I used generic organic cotton balls for the longest time from WalMart without any issues, the only reason I switched off them was cause I found a gigantic box of rayon for much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread