What's a poor vaper to do???

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
I started vaping in early October with "inferior" equipment. I quickly moved on to the 510 and, a few days later, to an eGo. I've tried dripping (didn't like all of the messing around that I had to do with it.) I also tried carts and then cartos. The least messy was regular 510 cartos and there was less waste of juice. I also ordered juices "willy nilly". Now, the "money train" has stopped running. I need to be very frugal with my e-cig purchases on a fixed income. I was looking at an "inexpensive" box mod (by oldgoat). Not really inexpensive, that's just comparatively speaking....I was even considering going the "extra mile" and getting the 5 volt mod. (I don't really need the extra heat. I just heard that some juices are better at 5v. Then the eGo Tanks came out and I thought that that might be the answer. On the plus side, they would work with my current eGo batteries, they wouldn't have the "muted" taste of cartos, and they seem to be less bother to fill and don't need to be filled as often. Problem solved...I thought. Then all of these people started posting how great the flavors are with a VV like the Buzz...and how the flavors "came alive". I'm still having trouble "tasting" many flavors (chocolate, butterscotch, caramel...)

I don't see any way (in this lifetime) that I'll be able to come up with enough money at one time to pay for a buzz (which I don't even think is a "feeder"). So, I'd have a possible higher voltage, but still would be messing with cartos.

The question is, should I go for the eGo tank system to go with equipment that I have (minus the PITB cartos)? Or do I try to somehow go up to a higher voltage if I could manage to save for a couple of months... :)laugh: like I'd be able to do that!)

In summary, my really strong wants are good flavor, and ease of use that doesn't require frequent filling. (I noticed that many vape below 5v. Is 5v. too high? I've also heard that box mods with feeders can be a pain to use.... :( ) I'm so confused. I don't get another check until the 17th so I have the same questions running through my mind for the next two weeks...

Redneck500

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Well, Chimney, I have liked you from the first time I met you. There is just something about you that I found to be "very likable" When I get on my feet a little bit, I'll do whatever I can to help you out. I'm prospecting the idea of making my own juices too, and when I get some made, I'll lay some on you. Don't worry, everything will be ok!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
chimney, I do feel your pain. I am also on a fixed income and it can be very hard sometimes. I highly suggest to try and save a little $ and get a VV. My reasoning is that if you have a VV you really will not need another mod. Some juices, especially the creamy flavors, do not taste good to me at 5V. I have a friend that vapes everything at 5V and higher because that is what it takes for her to be able to taste the flavors and get the TH that she likes. If you save a little $ and keep an eye on the classys you will find a good deal on a Buzz. I saw one last week that sold for $65 and that was with the batteries and charger! Now that is not the norm but deals like that do come along once in awhile.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Chimney - Flavors are better on a higher voltage. I have a Buzz and a Provari, and use both anywhere from 3.7 to 4.2 or 4.3. Personally, I don't like 5 volts. First, some of the liquids taste burned. Second, it burns up liquid very fast. I have two wetboxes and they are a major pita. They drip into the inside and are a mess. I hate them, but I know some people like box mods with feeders.

You're right; the buzz isn't a feeder. The provari isn't either. You would still have to use cartos or attys. :(

Since you're looking for ease of use without frequent filling, maybe you should try the eGo tank system. I've not tried it, but I'm sure that someone will speak up.

Sorry that I couldn't be of more help. :(

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
chimney, I do feel your pain. I am also on a fixed income and it can be very hard sometimes. I highly suggest to try and save a little $ and get a VV. My reasoning is that if you have a VV you really will not need another mod. Some juices, especially the creamy flavors, do not taste good to me at 5V. I have a friend that vapes everything at 5V and higher because that is what it takes for her to be able to taste the flavors and get the TH that she likes. If you save a little $ and keep an eye on the classys you will find a good deal on a Buzz. I saw one last week that sold for $65 and that was with the batteries and charger! Now that is not the norm but deals like that do come along once in awhile.

I watch the classys, but they only want PayPal. I don't "do" PayPal. :(

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Chimney - Flavors are better on a higher voltage. I have a Buzz and a Provari, and use both anywhere from 3.7 to 4.2 or 4.3. Personally, I don't like 5 volts. First, some of the liquids taste burned. Second, it burns up liquid very fast. I have two wetboxes and they are a major pita. They drip into the inside and are a mess. I hate them, but I know some people like box mods with feeders.

You're right; the buzz isn't a feeder. The provari isn't either. You would still have to use cartos or attys. :(

Since you're looking for ease of use without frequent filling, maybe you should try the eGo tank system. I've not tried it, but I'm sure that someone will speak up.

Sorry that I couldn't be of more help. :(

The Tank seems like the best option right now, BUT it won't "burn" at higher temps like you're saying gives more flavor. At the most, it will be 3.2v or so.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I too know how you feel,I paid for $50 worth of stuff for somebody to build me a 5v mod,they took the stuff and I never got my mod,saved up again and bought one.Its hard when you want to move up and the bugdet wont allow.Its very hard when everyone is always getting new stuff and you cant.Just bear with it,it will come.If I had something extra Id help you out,but Ive already given most of my stuff to people in PIF.I got sick a while back and havent gotten better yet,still costing me a fortune in med bills.Just dont lose heart.Things always come along when you need them.Your a good person and Im sure it will work out.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Well, Chimney, I have liked you from the first time I met you. There is just something about you that I found to be "very likable" When I get on my feet a little bit, I'll do whatever I can to help you out. I'm prospecting the idea of making my own juices too, and when I get some made, I'll lay some on you. Don't worry, everything will be ok!

Thanks, Big Josh. I'm still waiting my "vape buds" to come in... Some of the new juices sound yummy, but I hesitate to try to buy something new in juices that I won't be able to taste. I'm hoping that things like chocolate and caramel are getting "hidden" by the cartos. But maybe not... :(

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
I too know how you feel,I paid for $50 worth of stuff for somebody to build me a 5v mod,they took the stuff and I never got my mod,saved up again and bought one.Its hard when you want to move up and the bugdet wont allow.Its very hard when everyone is always getting new stuff and you cant.Just bear with it,it will come.If I had something extra Id help you out,but Ive already given most of my stuff to people in PIF.I got sick a while back and havent gotten better yet,still costing me a fortune in med bills.Just dont lose heart.Things always come along when you need them.Your a good person and Im sure it will work out.

Yeah, it's tough. I think that what I'm experiencing right now could be termed "PV envy" stemming from "inadequate" equipment. (Although my eGo's are the best that I've ever owned....)

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
The Tank seems like the best option right now, BUT it won't "burn" at higher temps like you're saying gives more flavor. At the most, it will be 3.2v or so.

I just thought of something. Do you know what the ohms are on the 510 cartos you are using? If they are high, this could be contributing to you not being able to taste the flavors.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The ego T's are the easiest of anything I have tried. But in finding the taste of the juice(the sweet spot) I have found that different flavors taste different in some of the cartos. Meaning, I luv Hopscotch in the ego mega cartos-the ones you fill with a syringe, but I don't get enuff flavor when using it in a clearomizer. But I have a flavors I use in the clearomizers and I have a lot of flavors from fsusa that I love in the ego-tanks. And for the price and the ease of use, it is the least time consuming carto out there. As far as voltage goes, you can get the same effect by using lower ohm cartos on your ego. I think that the 2ohm would be the lowest to go and they work great on the ego also and don't seem to overtax them. And it would be less expensive than buying a mod.
my 2 cents :)

sas

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
I would try the tank you can get a atty and 5 tanks for under $25. They are awesome no fiddling. Great flavor and a perfect vape everytime. I put the empty tank on twist a half a turn and fill 3/4 of the way with a 1ml pipette and vape away. Maybe they will have a hardware sale for valentines day :)

But the big question is, "do you get all of the nuances of the flavors to come through at that voltage?" Up until now, peanut butter cup tastes like cappuccino smooth which tastes like hopscotch which tastes like....,etc.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Ok, a couple of you have brought up a point that I was wondering about. I read that people used LR attys to increase TH. I don't really need extra TH. But to they also improve the flavor of the juice. All of my attys are regular resistance. (I think that the tanks only come with regular resistance attys as well.)

You do not want to use LR on your Ego. It will substanially shorten the battery life. The LR are more for TH then flavor IMO. Although the flavor is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread