What's all the fuss about Provari's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
I hear this all over how wonderful a Provari is. So, What's so good about it. I am thinking of buying another device. I was kind of looking at the iTaste MVP 2 because of it's size and 2300 mah battery. Will I be missing something that the Provari can give me that the MVP can't?
It was always my understanding that the actual PV was just a battery holder. Just about every mod minus the mech's have adjustable voltage and wattage now. So what's the difference?
I currently have a K200 and it works great. But with different ohm coils, I can get my old h16 battery to work just as well, and it's not vv or vw.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
For myself, I'm notoriously hard on my PV's. I know I can send it in for repair, and have. Before getting it, I read all the things I could on different PV's. One kept rising to the top as far as reliability and durability. Actually, I take that back. The REO was up there too. I prefer a tube mod.

I have sent my ProVari's in for repair and they fix them and send them back, usually within a week. I'm getting ready to order my third. Gotta have backup ;)

Yeah, my nickname is Spazz. Well earned, by the way.

JayEatsAirplane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
For the price, I don't think you can beat the MVP 2.0. Variable voltage, wattage, resistance checker, long battery life. I get 2 full days of solid vaping before needing to recharge. Simple to use, uses a standard micro-usb to charge which is pretty convenient. All at around $60 for the kit. Depending on where you get it, you'll get either an iClear 30 or two iClear 16s with it. Pretty good setup

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
The provari is the most durable Variable available IMHO. So many people like them for that.

The VTR is pretty sweet. But I think the provari has a lot of followers, and it's a USA made mod for under two bills.

I agree the high quality made in the USA grabbed my attention. Do I own a ProVari? No. Can I afford a Provari? Yes. Will I get a Provari? Yes in time but right now I use the Innokin iTaste VV-3 and just ordered a iTaste MVP-2, which at this stage of my vaping is sufficient.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have both: two provari (standard and mini) and a MVP1. Well, actually my MVP is out on loan to a friend.

All three are high quality durable mods. The MVP and mini Provari are both pocket-friendly. The MVP doesn't have an ohm meter (the MVP2 does). The Provari's have both an ohm and battery meter. The MVP only goes to 5 volts (not a problem for me) and the Provari's go to 6 volts. I never dropped the MVP, but both of my Provari's have taken hard falls onto tile floors or the asphalt of my driveway without any ill effects.

My MVP would not fire my cartotanks, but did wonderful with my iClear 16 & 30 and Protanks. The Provari's can use anything, including my RBA's. The MVP is probably the best value in vaping, and I fully recommend it to novices or advanced vapors alike.

The Provari's just have a great feel while holding them in your hand, nice weight and grip. The MVP is nice too, but slightly bulky and the fire button is slightly firm and flush with the body (hard to find sometimes). The vape of the Provari's is smoother and consistant - hard to explain unless you actually own one.

It's comforting to know should the unlikely event that my Provari's need repair, Provape will comply for a reasonable fee and have them back to me good as new within a week. Who knows how long the battery will last in the MVP, and should ANY problem arise, I realize that out of warranty I will be out of luck getting the MVP fixed. It's a throwaway.

The question always comes up. Is a Provari worth the extra money. To me it is...to the point that I bought two of them. I own 9 mods in total, and the Provari's get 90% of my attention vaping.

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I like the fact that it's made in the USA and is very durable. But how long does the battery usually last most of you? The only real disappointment I have with my K200 is the battery life. If I crank it up to 4v or more, I only get about 4 hrs of heavy vaping.

In the full size with extension.....over 24 hours.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
optsmk,

It is pretty darn hard to compare something that does the same thing as the ProVari and only cost $50 rupees.

That said depending on your vaping habits the battery takes a fair beating in a vaporizer and it is not changeable in the MVP V2. I haven't been vaping long enough to have a feel for battery life but not being able to change the battery would bother me. I know I hate phones with none changeable batteries but with those you don't have much choice. Then there is the fact that what do you do when your MVP is charging... I know buy a second unit and you will still be ahead on the price of a ProVari.

Baditude's post states that the MVP doesn't have an Ohm meter, I just looked up one and it said it does. Now I don't want to go against his experience but maybe they have recently added that feature???

Oh - one more comment; Can I afford a MVP yes, can I afford a ProVari no but I own two Provaris and I would be hard put to go back to the Chinese APVs. The thought that something terrible happened to my ProVari I can send it in and have it repaired for me makes up for the extra rupees invested. :2c:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I just ordered a ProVari and it should be here Monday. IMO, I was curious why there was such a huge following, people defended it to the ends of the earth and others mocked those people who defended it. No, I'm not keeping up w/the Jones', rather used common sense.

I have never seen any other mod in this forum, except maybe the REO, have such a strong response of those who defend it AKA, love it. Usually, when people like something, you may hear about it. If people hate something, you will hear about it. To have that many satisfied customers, many for years and many with multiple ProVari's, is rare. Why on earth would anyone buy multiple ProVari's if they disliked them but just wanted to keep up with others?

I'd rather base my investment on those who actually USE one, love it and continue to buy them versus on the naysayers who feel obliged to trash a product they've NEVER used. I wanted to buy a mod that not only has tremendous reviews, but built to last from a company with an outstanding reputation and most importantly for me, U.S.A. made and I'm willing to pay more to help Americans stay employed.

So I'm not sure if it is a fuss about them but rather a conviction to something people love and believe in and to me, that was worth researching the ProVari further then deciding to purchase one for myself.

Last edited:

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
One day when i learn more and all of this makes some kind of sense to me I will look into one. I really dont quite get that much money on something that does not last all day. I know from being on phone forums forever everyone wanted a battery that could last all day with heavy use. They for the most part wanted to get away from lugging around multiple batteries cause their phone would die. Did not want a charger to a cell phone cause then what was the point of it? So having something that does not last all day makes me wonder about it. I can go all day on my little evod. no it does not do all the fancy things but it does last all day. Who knows again once i learn more and understand it better i will look into one more. The things i do like is it is made in the USA. at least for now that is the major selling point for me. Hell get it set at something that works leave it there and just be happy i helped an american feed their family one more day.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
For me, this is what sets the Provari above all other Mods....from their website....

ProVari with AccuSet™ technology - Our built-in dynamic self-calibration algorithm keeps the output voltage accurate to 1% or better over the life of the product. The ProVari will constantly monitor and adjust itself to ensure you always get accurate voltage settings.

From what I have read, the Provari makes that voltage check and adjustment 80 times A SECOND.
No other Mod makes that claim.
The DNA20 chipset kind of hints it does this, but they don't make this bold, and confirmed, claim as ProVapes does.

If nothing else, this is enough to make a fuss about.

Now add that it is built to Military Specs.
The top cap is Medical Grade Surgical Steel.
The threads last forever.
Built in the USA.
Carries a warranty
Can be quickly and reasonably repaired.

It's enough to absolutely CROW ABOUT.

But, OP, maybe you don't want all that. Which is cool. Enjoy what you enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread