What's building up in my Tobacco juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digs

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Ohio
I went to trade some TV juices with my buddy yesterday and noticed that my bottle of tobacco juice was real dark at the bottom of the bottle. I shook it up good but it appears to be thick like syrup and doesn't want to mix well. It took a lot of vigorous shaking before I finally couldn't see it anymore. I don't see this build-up in any of my other juices but my buddy noticed there was some in his tobacco Menthol from TV.

I'm sure it's probably nothing to be worried about but I am curious if anyone else has noticed this and if anyone knows what it is?

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I've been using tobacco absolute (sticky, very thick) in my DIY juice. It has to be cut (diluted) with grain alcohol (Everclear), and a batch sits on my shelf for weeks at a time and it never separates.
I would contact the vendor to see about a solution. Some people use VG or PG as a dilute, I dont' think that would keep tobacco absolute in suspension, just my opinion, have not tried that.
I would be leery of putting any settlings through an atty, I would think it would clog very easily.

Last edited:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
That sounds gross!
I don't know if that was a comment about the 'settlings' in ejuice or my absolute dissolved with Everclear, but if it's a question, I'll just say that I use 1ml of diluted tobacco absolute in 10ml of VG, so there's no hint of alcohol at all...and I add another 1ml of Caramel, just for my sweet tooth!
I imagine a lot of flavors either commercial or DIY contain something that doesn't sound good, but the overall flavor/aroma of e-juices is something amazing, not gross at all. Mine's delicious to me!

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
This is nothing to worry about. It is sedimentation because IT IS made from Tobacco. I'm thinking we may have to go back to a more tedious method of straining.

This involved about 12 mason jars on the counter and nursing them all with a turkey baister and straining the solid matter out that way.

It's only going through a fine mesh coffee filter and sitting for a week to allow sedimentation to settle to the bottom before the liquid is taken from the top.

I guess this is still allowing sedimentation. We'll remedy this.

unit40

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Massachusetts
Can the various components of the liquid also separate in those jars ?? I mean if someone on the forum can't taste the juice - or claims it has no flavor - could it be because their juice was taken from the top while all of the flavor went to the bottom along with the sediment ?? Also I know there are some forum members who are suspicious as to whether this juice ruined their atomizers ?? Please don't get my intent wrong here. you are the mix-master, and the tobacco is one of your specialties and is one of my faves, so the last thing i would want to see is nothing.....no more TV tobacco.

Digs

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Ohio
I was wondering the same thing. I've had two atomizers go bad using TV Tobacco but they were both LR atties so I didn't attribute it to the juice. I just figured I got a bad batch of atties (all 3 died, 1 was basically DOA). Am I taking a risk of ruining my atomizers by using this juice? I haven't really tested it in a normal atty yet.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Mine is just one experience, but I use a LOT of TV Tobacco/Menthol and love it. If I had to suddenly switch to another flavor tomorrow I'd be REALLY grumpy. :)

Having said that, I'm a little disappointed in how long my attys last using this liquid. I'm playing with cartos now and so far they seem to have a better cost/use ratio than standard attys (I haven't boiled a batch yet to see how they clean up but at $1.50 apiece I can better afford to lose a few).

My theory (and it's JUST a theory), is that because the liquid is made from real tobbaco there's something in the mix that builds up hard and heavy on the coils that is very hard to clean off. I've been using highping's atty resurrection method on my regular attys, and while it's possible to bring back a decent orange glow, they never perform like new again and all die before their time. I've searched the forum repeatedly for ideas on how to negate this but so far I've come up empty.

In conclusion it's the taste of this stuff that keeps me coming back for more, but if anyone else is having this issue I'd strongly advise buying cartos in bulk to help manage the cost.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I must say that althought I dont tend to use my TV tobacco straight (I mix it with AC for a scrumptious vape) I have never had an atty issue using it.
Theres only one ejuice Ive had an issue with and it wasnt a TV one - or any in my sig line either lol - and that was pretty dark colored and thicker.
I vape all my juices at 3.7v and 5v btw on a joye510 (and occasionally a 901) and I direct drip ALL the time.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I was wondering the same thing. I've had two atomizers go bad using TV Tobacco but they were both LR atties so I didn't attribute it to the juice. I just figured I got a bad batch of atties (all 3 died, 1 was basically DOA). Am I taking a risk of ruining my atomizers by using this juice? I haven't really tested it in a normal atty yet.

Disclaimer: I'm the last person that would defend Mr.TV.. I have never ordered any of the juice. HOWEVER>>

Attys are disposable. They are not meant to last. WE are doing our best to pinch pennies here and there and stretch all these components as long as humanly possible. Therefore, we should not be surprised when they do not last.

Also, I (being the semi noob that I am) have recently discovered that the darker liquids are much much harder on the attys. I have been happily vaping away on some waffle/french toast concoctions (made by several vendors, and friends). When suddenly, all my evening attys are turning to you-know-what. They all taste burnt and N A S T Y! and not a single one of them had any TV Waffle juice.

So, in answer to your question; if it is a dark juice, and you want this special atty to last a long time, I would use it on something else. I seriously doubt this is soley a Tasty Vapor thing, more likely related to darker juices and levels of VG.

(all IMHO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread