Whats filler for a cart is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
Earth
The only two I would suggest are Lipton Pyramid Tea bags (reusable material similar to nylon) and Marineland Blue Foam (foam sleeve for fish tank filters).

If you`re comitted to using cartridges, these are your best bet. I have been using carts with Pyramid tea bag (PTB) since 2009 and am very satisfied with it. Its a pain in the ask to get them set up right, but once you learn how to fold the material it really works well and does not taint the flavor of your juice. Many will reply to this thread with something like "just get a drip tip and forget about the fuss", but the truth is there are a lot of seasoned vapers who still prefer the cartridge over the drip tip. I own every drip tip they make and still use cartridges every single day, because of how easy and simple it is.

You should look into a tank style cartridge that will fit your device, there have been some huge improvements in the past year and you may be happier with one of them, but foir me its the 510 cart with PTB that gets me there.

Hope that helps :)

Neon

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I don't know your ecig

blue foam

And if your cart juice cups are small then you can cut down the cheap precut blue foam for 510 carts from strictlyejuice.com

For my small juice cups I cut blue foam about 3/4 the inner depth and a tiny bit wider - just enough to help keep it from slipping in but not so much that it closes off the holes in the foam. Then I taper the inner end a bit. I am using blue foam in both an M401 (very slim 3-piece) and a Joye 306 cart.

What I like about blue foam is its consistent density - once you cut it right you cannot screw up the density putting it in. It's easy to take out, rinse, pat totally dry. On a full fill I pull it, fill juice cup 1/2 way, insert the foam tapered end first, push it down into the juice (a small smooth unbent paper clip is good), reposition foam at top edge of cup, then top off with 1-2 drops for a small juice cup.

Last edited:

elan123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Utah
Im new myself... and after a week of messing with carts, I say no filler is best cuz no cart is best IMHO... I just got clearomizers this weekend from Volcano and they are top notch, used all 5 with different liquids over the week, washed them out, refilled and all are fine. No strange taste, even compared to dripping with the same juice that I tried. And they hold about .6ml so thats nice also.

just my2cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread