What's floating in this juice??

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
Received some juice and wanted to mix this menthol juice I liked. I squeezed the bottle and gel comes out. I was thinking xxxxx is that? never seen juice like that before. This is a 50/50 ratio.

Twisted Vapors Menthol - ecig.com | Electronic Cigarettes

This is the second time I am buying this eliquid. First time was not like this.

Of course I decided not to test it out. But this is some serious QA issues.

Attachments

• 2015-11-17 23.23.59.jpg
    2015-11-17 23.23.59.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 353
  • 2015-11-17 23.24.08.jpg
    2015-11-17 23.24.08.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 324
Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hmm, very odd indeed. Looks like a microscopic slide with micro critters roaming around. Almost looks like some sort of worms?

After I re-read it, and I noticed menthol... It might just be that it was not mixed well?

I know menthol comes in a crystallized powder form ( sorry, thats just what Ive read, I use liquid menthol flavoring for my DIY) Maybe they made a large batch and did not mix it well and those are some of the menthol that did not dissolve?

I hope its crystallization and not microbes or worms.... :shock:

Wait, I guess the post got me so discombobulated that I also did not read about the "gel"
That is really , really odd. Did someone run out of Vegetable glycerin and used Vaseline?

pramonn

Apr 4, 2014
Bangkok
@unkuser Your pics. looks similar with my DIY menthol liquid when I mix too much menthol to dissolve in PG/VG.
Try to dip a small stick or drinking straw and leave that stick/straw on plate for sometime lets say 10-30mins.
If that is the same case as mine you will see that stick/straw cover with menthol crystal.
Then adding some PG/VG to makes it less concentrate would stop it to crystallized.
Anyway, you should check with the vendor for clarification.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Did you want to mix menthol into the pictured liquid? Or, is the juice in the picture "menthol juice"? If the latter, there's a good chance that the company screwed up the ratio and added too many menthol crystals - if that's the case, what you're seeing could be undissolved menthol crystals.
If that's not a menthol juice...I would contact the company. No way would I let that stuff come anywhere near my coils.

Edit: I just noticed that you said gel came out when the bottle was squeezed. That gel is likely not undissolved menthol. Contact the company.

Reactions: anavidfan

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Received some juice and wanted to mix this menthol juice I liked. I squeezed the bottle and gel comes out. I was thinking xxxxx is that? never seen juice like that before. This is a 50/50 ratio.

Twisted Vapors Menthol - ecig.com | Electronic Cigarettes

This is the second time I am buying this eliquid. First time was not like this.

Of course I decided not to test it out. But this is some serious QA issues.

Those are the menthol crystals not being dissolved which to me would be a very bad thing, maybe it's time to seek another juice vendor ?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Those are the menthol crystals not being dissolved which to me would be a very bad thing, maybe it's time to seek another juice vendor ?

I think OP should contact them, as they need to know that their ejuice isn't coming out right.

This gives them opportunity to fix the problem, otherwise many others in the community who order there may be affected.

Reactions: unkuser

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
I contacted them and their response was "It's not uncommon for menthol to recrystallize in transit during the colder part of the year. Can you try putting it in a warm place for a couple of hours or a warm water bath?...."

So I did that and the liquid did improve. I dont see the floating stuff anymore. However, there seems to be 2 layers of liquid. Maybe it's the VG/PG that didn't mix. There is a clear layer of liquid that sits at the bottom and a denser cloudy layer (like gel) that goes on top of the bottle. This is after letting the liquid sit for a couple of hours.

I told the vendor I would ship the liquid back and asked for a refund. Too much of a hassle.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I contacted them and their response was "It's not uncommon for menthol to recrystallize in transit during the colder part of the year. Can you try putting it in a warm place for a couple of hours or a warm water bath?...."

So I did that and the liquid did improve. I dont see the floating stuff anymore. However, there seems to be 2 layers of liquid. Maybe it's the VG/PG that didn't mix. There is a clear layer of liquid that sits at the bottom and a denser cloudy layer (like gel) that goes on top of the bottle. This is after letting the liquid sit for a couple of hours.

I told the vendor I would ship the liquid back and asked for a refund. Too much of a hassle.

So this part of the quote "It's not uncommon for menthol to recrystallize in transit during the colder part of the year. Can you try putting it in a warm place for a couple of hours or a warm water bath?...." bothers me a bit.

Obviously they know it happens, and it is cold this time of year, so why dont they post a little " warning on the page so people know this ahead of time and will know what do do. If they have ordered it before and then get it looking like that it is going to concern the customer. They dont know what is normal, unless they've been making things with menthol crystals for a while.

With all these problems and B&M stores feeling they dont need to warn about batteries, safety, and properly paired device to the atomizer and the style of vaping the buyer plans to do. Yes we can research, we are adults, but again some dont have a clue what to ask about. When we buy a remote control do we or anyone else stop to think are these batteries that came with it safe? No most dont and assume if the manufacturer sent those then it must be okay.

Same with Vape stores. New vaper is all excited , he chose something cool, he hears high watts, he sees someone using the atty they chose. They see someone in the store and the clouds look awesome, etc.

When someone buys a Ferrari ( Ive heard) they dont let you just take it for a spin, like it, buy it and leave. ITs not a normal car. YOu have to learn almost how to drive again. You cant even just put it in reverse and back it out. Etc. Could you imagine, some guy who has never driven a car like that drives off and crashes, its happened , yet power/ speed cars are not banned.... Wh'os responsibility is that?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
^^^^ yes, I see the layers. There is a way to mix menthol crystals and other flavorings so that they dissolve correctly.

In other words, if this was my DIY I would warm bath it, shake it up really good.

However, if I was BUYING from a *professional* I wouldn't pay for ejuice that separates like this. I've probably ordered hundreds of bottles in 3+ years, hundreds, and never saw this.

And AGAIN, I believe in letting vendors know stuff, not to be a PITA, or mean, but to help them improve their products, and that is why i suggested that you get in a huddle with them on this. :)

(sheesh 2 weird ejuice posts I responded to in one day, some other member received juice that was 2-3 years old (DOB marked on bottle) albeit "on sale" for $10 a bottle (I would pay $1.99 maybe for ejuice that long expired but probably not even then). I have no idea what is happening this week to ejuice. )

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Here are some pictures of the liquid layers I am mentioned.

As I said it's hard to take pictures of them, but you can see the different shades. View attachment 507522

That is the crystals dissolving, I would try a warm water bath 10 min x 2 times, shake well in between baths, let it sit overnight, shake it well in morning if it still has a murky separation you would be more daring than me to vape it, if it's clear you should be fine and one more thing Cool Ice | Refreshing Menthol Flavored E-Liquid 100% Made in the USA only at Mountain Oak Vapors so you don't ever have to go through this again ..................

Reactions: unkuser

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
^^^^ yes, I see the layers. There is a way to mix menthol crystals and other flavorings so that they dissolve correctly.

In other words, if this was my DIY I would warm bath it, shake it up really good.

However, if I was BUYING from a *professional* I wouldn't pay for ejuice that separates like this. I've probably ordered hundreds of bottles in 3+ years, hundreds, and never saw this.

And AGAIN, I believe in letting vendors know stuff, not to be a PITA, or mean, but to help them improve their products, and that is why i suggested that you get in a huddle with them on this. :)

(sheesh 2 weird ejuice posts I responded to in one day, some other member received juice that was 2-3 years old (DOB marked on bottle) albeit "on sale" for $10 a bottle (I would pay $1.99 maybe for ejuice that long expired but probably not even then). I have no idea what is happening this week to ejuice. )

Yeap, you never know, maybe the usual mixers were on vacation and an unexperienced person made up some large batches and didnt take/ or do all the steps required. Its best to politely let them know. If they are responsible they will look into it and look at all the liquids made during that same day or time and see who did the mixing on what.

Also they should send you a new one or ask you to send it back (on them) to test and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread