What's my GG Worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schaedj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
The 'Burgh
I know, it's a stupid question... It's worth what ever someone will pay for it... etc. etc. etc. Now that that's out of the way, I could use some advice. I've been following Imeo and buying everything he's made for the past few years (two of each, if I could afford it), and someone contacted me out of the blue and offered to buy some of my older models. I have an original slim (no locking button) and a brass slim, an AFS V1, AFS V2 and a UFS. The only reason I'm considering selling them is that I'm not a collector, I just buy everything Imeo makes because every new model give me a new feature or benefit, and I love to have the latest and greatest. I currently have a nickel GGTS and a backup aluminum GGTS, plus my Ody and a GGTB for travel, so I don't really need any of the other models (plus I'm a heavy vaper, so the slim never lasted long enough for me). I sent the guy pictures, and he wants to buy them, but he wants me to name a price. I really have no idea what to ask. Anybody have any suggestions for pricing on these? The classifieds are not much help, because people don't sell these models very often, and when they do, they range from $50 to $500 with no difference that I can tell between the models. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
This probably won't be much help but I don't like throwing my opinion on the GG market around but...

To put it bluntly it is worth what you want to ask for it. Yes the prices vary but that is because personalities vary. Some people sell cheap because they just want to get rid of it or pass it on to someone else. Others just try to get their money back Others want to make some money. You just have to figgure out where you want to be.

peter_panda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Germany
This probably won't be much help but I don't like throwing my opinion on the GG market around but...

To put it bluntly it is worth what you want to ask for it. Yes the prices vary but that is because personalities vary. Some people sell cheap because they just want to get rid of it or pass it on to someone else. Others just try to get their money back Others want to make some money. You just have to figgure out where you want to be.

Exactly like you say it. I only sold once a SS GGTS and a Odysseus. I just asked what I paid for it even I knew that I could sell it for more.

In my opinion, selling GG stuff should not be about making money. I have bought several items for good prices as the sellers knew that I gonna keep that stuff and would not sell it for more...

Last edited:

schaedj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
The 'Burgh
Photos:

https://plus.google.com/photos/100657448355513371741/albums/5752551713630521409?authkey=CPHo4bm1u4KaZw

As you can see, they're not perfectly polished and pristine, but they're not beat, either. I just find myself in one of those uncomfortable positions where I don't want to rip someone off, but I don't want to find out next week that I sold an original Picasso at a garage sale for $5, either. It'd be great to have a GG appraiser tell me what a fair price would be so I don't have to think so hard... The smoke from my ears is making my vape taste funny...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread