Whats next? Looking for advise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mekks082

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Denver, CO
Been off smokes for almost 2 years now.... Here is my evolution in order.

Vivi Nova Mini
Boge Cartos +IBtank
DUD rba
Z-Atty Pro RBA
Boge Cartos +IBtank
Term-C RBA
Protank 1
Protank Mini 1
Protank 2
Protank Mini 2
Hercules RBA

The three I still have and use are, Protank Mini 2, Boge + IBtank, and Hercules.

Hercules stays at home and its ok I guess, I have my issues with it being that I only run a provari and can not run duel coils (makes Boba's taste like ...). The boges taste muted and only get 2-3 days use from them. And the Protank Mini 2 gets the most use due to the fact I can burn the heads every 2 days and keep a decent taste.

That being said I prefer a airy draw, and am looking for something new to try. I would prefer to stay away from RBA's and anything with duel coils. Really wish the new Kanger aerotank was single coil.

Any advise would be great. Been out of the loop for awhile and have no idea what is good these days.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I primarily use cartotanks as my main juice delivery devices. I've never cared much for Boges, prefering Ikenvenvapes and then Smoktech cartos.

I've been using my first Kayfun for about a week. Still learning the ins and outs, but overall I'm quite impressed. Its a rebuildable tank atomizer which is not position dependent like the Genesis-style tanks. Uses negative pressure to feed the wick/coil like a cartotank does.

I saw you hadn't listed a bottom feeder mod in your list. This may be the best way to vape very thick flavors like Boba's Bounty.

mekks082

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Denver, CO
Yeah I was thinking about getting a aerotank base to try on the pt2. I like the protanks but they have really really tight draw on my provari. I use the mini because it does not have that issue.

The Kayfun looks nice but im not really sure I want to drop that kinda money on a chance I might like it.

Are the Kanger duel coils that bad? heard bad things but I have never tried it myself.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
IMO the Kayfun type is a must try for anyone who loves flavor. It does not do the best at vapor production, but it's not bad either. It runs just fine at 14 watts, so it will do great on your Provari.

I bought a Rocket V1 from FT last year for $13 shipped. Got me into the game. I would not recommend it because the small screw heads make building on it trickier than it needs to be. It's chromed brass.

Their Kayfun 3.1 clone at $23 looks much better and I believe has been getting good reviews, but check it out for yourself if you decide to try it. It's SS. It's not a lot of money and will let you explore this type of RBA. As Baditude said, I've found they don't leak more than a few drops no matter what attitude they are placed in.

Bottom feeders are very good too and from your list you have not tried one yet. Reos are IMO the best and hold their value like Provari's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread