What's so great about Provaris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prairie guy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2014
Texas
I recently bought 2 provari's from the classifieds for a great price, well under the new price. Because like you I couldn't justify buying a new one at the price point yet. After recieving them, one of them is all I been using with the KFL each day (about 2 weeks now). When you hold it, you can tell that it isa well made device, feels sturdy. No rattling. Fire button is buttery smooth. And it gives the same vape from full charge of battery until batttery is to low to fire, which the fire button will give you a heads up when battery is getting low. Also, Provape warranties new devices for a year, with option at check out for another year. They will aslo maintain your device for a charge after that.

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Also, my youtube app won't load right now, what's new with the p3?

Sent from my LG-LS860 using Tapatalk

5 more watts, nice redesign, mini and full sized combined (18350, 18500, and 18650 supported), flat top battery support, finally does variable wattage, user friendly error messages. If they don't try gouging with the price they look ok. Not enough of an improvement to interest me, but if I didn't already own a ProVari and I wanted one I might consider a p3.

SITS

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Reoville
It's a tank. I forget the guys name, but his got run over by a car and he kept on vaping, after changing the tank. I am a big Reo user now but I have a Provari because it won't let you down. Provape sells great batteries too that drive all of my devices(18650 is the only way to go). You are getting much more than a battery with a Provari. If you are not into mechs, then a Provari is the only way to go. You will go through clone after clone and your Provari will still be firing. Get one. You will not be disappointed. :)

Zombiecan

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
What's so great about the ProVari is that I dropped it about 5 feet onto the concrete parking in front of my local B&M and the only thing that happened was a tiny little scratch next to the fire button. I put it back together and fired right up and continued to hit like a champ. Always reliable and consistent and always tough. Made in the U.S
Edit : I had to put the kayfun back together because that's what fell apart when I dropped it not the ProVari lol also I would get a v2.5 because those will continue be serviced once the P3 comes out

... Sent from my LG G2

Last edited:

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
I'm probably going to brutalized for this but I'm going to go ahead and say that while YES the Provari (current version) is built like a tank, it is painfully outdated in terms of features. Most notable IMO is either the lack of variable wattage or the archaic single-button user interface and accompanying 7-segment display. If you ask me, the money would be better spent on a Vapor Shark rDNA 30, a very well-built, $190, adjustable from 7-30 watt mod with a beautiful design and interface. Edit to include the fact that the rDNA 30 uses DC to DC voltage regulation instead of pulse width modulation (so the output waveforms look even better than those of a Provari) if you care about that type of thing.

Last edited:

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
I agree the ProVari, even the new p3, is behind the curve technology wise, but the vapor shark is just another ugly little box. I wouldn't be caught in public with the thing. Like an old Motorola stick phone with an atomizer screwed on. Not to brutalized you, I honestly feel a little embarrassed that aesthetics are that big of a concern for me, but until a modern device with good build quality that doesn't look bad hits the market I'm going to be stuck on my ProVari and mechanicals.

Retro Man

Moved On
Aug 5, 2014
Heartland of America
  • Deleted by DreamWithin
  • Reason: unregistered supplier
How can the MVP last longer? It's a throw away device.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

Not mine. It has consistently produced great vapor, no burnt hits, better build and lasts a long time. I vaped back to back with my Provari and can say without question that the MVP 2 is an outstanding device. Not to mention $140 cheaper. That's a solid win in my book.

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
The simple answer is it won't. I believe the battery pack in the innokin lipo is 500 charges. Mine is already deceased after about 5 months. The provari on the other hand... Is a simple solid device. The price is craftsmanship and customer service. Provari's are built to last forever.

Innokin products are great for their price point, but the 5 volt/11 watt cap has become limiting for me.

That's what I thought at first but in time it all changed. It will be different for each person but I found for me I didn't need more than that. The Provari looks richer and slightly more portable. I have the Mini so it's quite a bit more portable but that really is not the issue when we talk quality. In terms of vape I get better results from my MVP 2 and for $50 it's a no brainer.

The simple answer is it won't. I believe the battery pack in the innokin lipo is 500 charges. Mine is already deceased after about 5 months. The provari on the other hand... Is a simple solid device. The price is craftsmanship and customer service. Provari's are built to last forever.

Sorry to hear yours only lasted 5 months mine has lasted much longer without any complications. My Provari has had mechanical problems and friends have experienced that as well. Sooner or later all products will need to be replaced no matter how well you care for them. But at 1/4 the price the MVP 2 is a far better investment in my opinion and leaves you extra money for tanks, coils, juice etc... If money is no issue then I would go with Provari but that's not the case for most people. MVP is an excellent device for the money and then some.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Sorry to hear yours only lasted 5 months mine has lasted much longer without any complications. My Provari has had mechanical problems and friends have experienced that as well. Sooner or later all products will need to be replaced no matter how well you care for them. But at 1/4 the price the MVP 2 is a far better investment in my opinion and leaves you extra money for tanks, coils, juice etc... If money is no issue then I would go with Provari but that's not the case for most people. MVP is an excellent device for the money and then some.

What mechanical problems have you and your friends had with the Provari and were they covered under warranty?

I'm no Provari fanboy (look at my post history if you want confirmation) but I'd be interested to see what issues you had and how Provape handled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread