What's the best 18500 for Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've always used AW brand batteries in all of my mods. And since they are the only battery that Provape recommends to be used in the Provari, I have just continued the practice. I've not had any issue with them. The ones that I originally bought about 9 months ago have not declined in performance at all.

Not sure that it matters, but I like to think that it does, I charge them in a Pila.

Sir Center Fire

Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
San Diego
Possibly Kimber. Nice looking piece.

Kimber was my second guess, haha.

As far as batteries go, id say just invest in a quality charger. Im sure you could spend 25 bucks on an ultimate battery, but the performance gain would be negligible if you properly took care of the regular AW's that come with the provari already.

I use AW IMR 18490 with the regular cap. But I use AW IMR 18650 w/ the extended cap.

Be careful what you say brother, the "anti's" can twist what you type if you say stuff like that in the same post as talking about guns! I can see it now. "...and then he said he used an Assault Weapon model Indifferent Murder Rifle 18490 with regular capacity 'assault clips.' After that he said he used the more powerful AW IMR 18650 w/ the extended high capacity ultra super killing clips!!! We must ban them all, from break barrels to the evil AW IMR's!! (and we can get the nasty e-cigs while were at it toooo!!!!!)

LOL I kid I kid....Hopefully....

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I did a bit of research on the subject of batteries a little while ago. I looked at a few members that had done a lot of work metering different brands of batteries both here, but mostly on Radio Controlled cars/planes forums. The general consensus of the charts was that AW batteries beat out other brands in voltage boosted situations. As far as consistent voltage output and long lasting charge life- EFest batteries won for unregulated devices. So AW is your best bet for use in a Provari/vv device. I'm sure its already been mentioned but Provape suggests AW batteries and has said that other batteries void the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread