What's The BEST Non-RBA Atomizer For Dripping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
These are all KILLER suggestions! So why these? What brought you to them?

I've been vaping long enough to have tried a LOT of atties. I just listed the ones that have worked best for me.

I've used the Ikenvapes and think they're great, too. Two [trivial] reasons I didn't list them: The Cannon series can't use standard 510 drip tips as they are a larger diameter. Also, I'm partial to bridgeless atties. The ones I got from IKV had bridges. True, I could remove them, but I don't like to risk messing up the coil. Maybe I missed the bridgeless IKV's though.

I did just order 2 Ikenvape 510 XLR to try. Does anyone know if their claim to not get a burned flavor if it gets dry is true?

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
I clean an atty every few days in an alcohol soak. If you keep carbon from building up on a coil it doesn't need to be dry burned. Dry burning isn't good for the wick and weakens the coil but it works well when regular cleaning is no longer cutting it.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

This. I clean in the cheapest high proof grain alcohol I can find. I've been vaping one Aero for 5 months with weekly cleaning/24 hour soak. No dry burning.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I'm running a 2 ohm Vapage AMG Hybrid BF right now on my VV Grand, pretty happy with it, though I don't know what it would be like for dripping (this is a bottom feeder PV).

Make sure to test any atty you get right away, make sure there isn't a DOA. While rare, it can happen.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    RBS'a are a different story all together. Most (with their side hole) just reminded me of why I didn't care for 901's. (ya I know, that's a personal preference) This is also why I don't care for gennies.
    I do like the A7 with it's bottom air feed. In fact I just ordered a third one this morning to put away for a rainy day.
    A7 Rebuildable Atomizer Kit - Stainless Steel

IMO the A7 made atties like the HH-357 and io6 yesterdays news. Now it costs me about 5 cents to be vaping on a fresh coil & wick.

Last edited:

Jerms

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fargo
    RBS'a are a different story all together. Most (with their side hole) just reminded me of why I didn't care for 901's. (ya I know, that's a personal preference) This is also why I don't care for gennies.
    I do like the A7 with it's bottom air feed. In fact I just ordered a third one this morning to put away for a rainy day.
    A7 Rebuildable Atomizer Kit - Stainless Steel

Impressive. This thread title best non-RBA made it to 24 posts before someone brings up RBAs lol.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Impressive. This thread title best non-RBA made it to 24 posts before someone brings up RBAs lol.

Thus I started with "RBS'a are a different story all together", and ended with "IMO the A7 made atties like the HH-357 and io6 yesterdays news" (kinda like tea bags & blue foam)

Last edited:

Jerms

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fargo
    Thus I started with "RBS'a are a different story all together", and ended with "IMO the A7 made atties like the HH-357 and io6 yesterdays news" (kinda like tea bags & blue foam)

That's as helpful as going into someone's thread "looking for a good beginner RBA" and suggesting a carto because they think cartos are better. People here are aware of RBAs, but many still prefer atties. I personally don't think RBAs make atties obsolete, but that's a discussion for a different thread that title doesn't hint at let's not talk about RBAs.

Last edited:

lightandmind

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The Vision Hybrid?

Yeah, Sylvie's suggestion, (thanks Sylvie!), from Vapage? It's very moderately priced and seems to get lots of love in the archives.

,, A7 made atties like the HH-357 and io6 yesterdays news.
    Don't they have a "regular" and a "mini" version? I have a Phoenix w/ porous ceramic wick right now, but I will definitely be checking those out!

Last edited:

Jerms

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fargo
    Yeah, Sylvie's suggestion, (thanks Sylvie!), from Vapage? It's very moderately priced and seems to get lots of love in the archives.

I've been meaning to try that one. CloudsofVapor used to sell them without having to buy a double pack and I wanted to try this one and there bottom-feeder one, but I don't see them there anymore. I've read the bottom-feeder one has an improved slanted coil design, but don't know if it fits well into a non-bottom-feeder.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    Their 2 ohm and below (LR) have the new coil, 2.5 are still the older design (or were when I last checked a short time ago).

For dripping (or in my case a top feeder that I used to use), I really liked the IO6 a lot. On the bottom feeders I've used for a while, the AMG hybrid BF and Cisco 306 seem to play nicer. Personal preference, neither right nor wrong.

Jerms

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fargo
    Their 2 ohm and below (LR) have the new coil, 2.5 are still the older design (or were when I last checked a short time ago).

For dripping (or in my case a top feeder that I used to use), I really liked the IO6 a lot. On the bottom feeders I've used for a while, the AMG hybrid BF and Cisco 306 seem to play nicer. Personal preference, neither right nor wrong.

Good to hear, there seemed to be conflicting info on that when I looked into it a while ago. I'll have to pick up a two pack of the 2 ohm.

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
    Jan 4, 2011
    NE Pennsylvania
    I use 306 debridged atties from Avid Vaper (Cisco).

I recently bought an Aero 306 from them and people said it was better than other atties because it has more turns in the coil... and thus more area for the juice to vaporize on but... I think I counted 12 turns on the Aero while the new bridgeless regular ciscos... have 14-15 turns. I believe the Aero has the HH.357 air flow so... jury still out on that one for me.

I got some Io6es from IkenVape... but have never tried them. Looked at one the other day and.. it only had 4 turns in the coil. I would think, atties with less turns in the coil... will probably start burning the juice faster than those with more turns.

As far as RBAs are concerned... LOL. I have some juice (coffee flavors)... that clog up atties... after only 3 ML or so, and lots of other juice that clogs after 6 ML (and others that hardly clog at all). Can't imagine having to build a new coil everytime this happens. With me, I just throw an atomizer that gets clogged 'in the wash'... a small container with vodka or 91% rubbing alcohol in it.. and replace it on the drip tip with a new or cleaned atty. Then, when I get maybe 4 or so of these in there after having sat for a day or so... I rinse them with water and let them dry... and then I dry-burn (this gets rid of the scab on the coils). Didn't know how to dry-burn until I watched some youtube videos. This is the main thing in the cleaning... but after the dry-burn I clean them in an ultra-sound cleaner with cleaning vinigar and lastly distilled water.

Anyways... with this your atties just might last almost forever. I *have* killed a couple with dry burning... this when I was first starting and were ones that were heavily scabbed (old Joye 306 SRs which I was practicing on)... but even learned how to dry-burn the heavily scabbed atties.

With this you can use high-quality atomizers and only have to replace them very rarely, as opposed to having to try to build your own with RBAs.

Yeah, if you can get to the point where you can clean the scabs off the atomizer coils... you just made RBAs... obsolete.

But, to each their own I guess.

(Yeah, I guess there is a big advantage cleaning in using 306es instead of 510 atties... in that with the 306es... particularly the bridgeless ones... the coil is right there and you can see what you got real good, I use 10x magnification, and scrape off excess when dry burning, etc. Can't really do this with 510s.)

Jerms

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fargo
    Glad the 306 works so well for you. They've been nothing but trouble for me. I just wrecked the last 306 I'll ever buy when dry burning it a couple days ago. I had the volts cranked up way to high, which I may done on purpose in the back of my mind because I had decided that when this dies it's the last 306 for me. It was an Aero, and seemed to work exactly the same as a regular Cisco spec. Wasn't worth the extra few dollars to me like the Aero 510 is.

Since you like 306s, you may want to try the one from Ikenvape. Not the i06 which is great but the regular one. I've heard people really liking the latest batches, even more than Ciscos.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread