What's the big deal with Gourmet juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wshanncap

Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Ohio, USA
I just got around to visiting the Nicoticket website. Their prices are like most "gourmet" juice vendors...too rich for my blood! I got my juice from The Planet Vape at 22 dollars for 30ml. Now I mostly buy from Happy's Vape supply at 10 dollars for 30ml. I think both suppliers make a great tasting juice. So why are people paying 10 bucks for 6ml? Is it REALLY that good? Or does the price make people believe it is that good?:?:

wshanncap

Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Ohio, USA
OK. It makes sense that they must be good for so many people to buy it at that price. I know I tried the cheap junk they sell at the tobacco shops and it is horrible! But I have found these to be a good taste and affordable. I go thru 10ml to 15ml a day and I would be broke at the gourmet prices. So I was just trying to better understand.

Lynn Miller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Kentucky
If you're happy with what you are vaping then that's awesome. For me, trying new flavors keeps me happy with vaping. I only vape maybe 3-4 ml a day so I can get by with buying some of the pricier stuff if I catch it on sale. I actually keep a spreadsheet with the stuff I like and what I want to try and break it down to price per ml so I can watch my spending. Is it worth the price? To me sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. But I sure do have a lot of fun!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Not disagreeing, but you got the Nicoticket pricing wrong....
They sell for $18.99 for 30 mls. Less than 5-pawns...
(maybe you spotted the default 6 mg strength??)

Other tidbits:
1) Nicoticket has a LOT of fans who are REALLY in love with their juice. Probably worth trying!
2) I actually can't take 5-Pawns at ALL. There's something in all their flavors that makes me queasy. I don't even like to smell it now, and it's distinctive - I was in a vape shop during an "event" with 200 people blowing clouds, and I knew when I walked past someone vaping 5P!
3) You should try to mix your own. It's not hard...it can be fun. And if you're looking to control cost: BAM. My favorite juice - the one I'd vape forever if I had to only have one flavor - costs me about $1.65 to fill a 30 ml bottle.

I just got around to visiting the Nicoticket website. Their prices are like most "gourmet" juice vendors...too rich for my blood! I got my juice from The Planet Vape at 22 dollars for 30ml. Now I mostly buy from Happy's Vape supply at 10 dollars for 30ml. I think both suppliers make a great tasting juice. So why are people paying 10 bucks for 6ml? Is it REALLY that good? Or does the price make people believe it is that good?:?:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

There are literally still MILLIONS of smokers spending hundreds of dollars a month on cigarettes;
that adds up to hundreds of millions of dollars per month, and the vape business is going after that flow of money;
A person can have a fancy mod and a fancy topper, but if he needs something to keep him happy and not buy a pack of cigarettes he NEEDS something thats tastes good enough, or actually great,

DeathBYzombieZ

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
United States

Who in the crap is selling juice $10 for 6ml? Nicoticket sells their juice $19 for 30ml.

wshanncap

Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Ohio, USA

Other tidbits:
1) Nicoticket has a LOT of fans who are REALLY in love with their juice. Probably worth trying!
2) I actually can't take 5-Pawns at ALL. There's something in all their flavors that makes me queasy. I don't even like to smell it now, and it's distinctive - I was in a vape shop during an "event" with 200 people blowing clouds, and I knew when I walked past someone vaping 5P!
3) You should try to mix your own. It's not hard...it can be fun. And if you're looking to control cost: BAM. My favorite juice - the one I'd vape forever if I had to only have one flavor - costs me about $1.65 to fill a 30 ml bottle.

Yeah...It did say 6mg. And when I saw that I didn't look much further. I guess if that's not a fair evaluation of their pricing then when I clicked on a juice it should have opened to a less pricey mix...whatever that is.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014

Other tidbits:

I'd also like to add a tidbit to this as well about NT, I forget the actual numbers but it's like 1,3,8,13 (don't quote me on those but similar) you get a free 15mls of juice packed in with your order. And they are very upfront about this so if you keep track of your numbers you can even ask for a preferred juice, if not it's just a random one from their line.

I've probably got 45+ mls of gifted juice just for ordering my favorites. Some of those are juices I would have never thought to try and wound up liking them very much, some I didn't and it wound up saving me money by letting me try them before ordering. I've spent more money buying juices from other vendors that didn't work out for me than I have buying NT's which have a really high success rate for me personally. Sure I have got some I didn't care for but that's the beauty of their community here on ECF with the trade thread I seldom wind up with anything I can't trade to another member for something of my liking.

Having said all that I am still trying other juices looking for some that I like as much but thus far just haven't found any. So even if they are a little more expensive than others I know I am getting something I like, with great CS and community to back it up.

crand

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
Why buy a shirt at Nordstrom when you can buy a shirt at Kmart. I guess the simple answer is that if you have the means sometimes its just nice to treat yourself. With that said it's been my experience that price has little to do with my enjoyment or distaste for juices that I've ordered.
I've thrown out some stupid expensive bottles and for years I've continued to reorder some very inexpensive product. What started as a way to finally kick cigarettes has over the last six years turned into a hobby. Every week or so I'm online cruising the forum suppliers inventories and placing my order then eagerly awaiting delivery. I've won some and lost some with my selections, spent more than a few bucks and wouldn't trade a minute of any of it.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
...Is it REALLY that good? Or does the price make people believe it is that good?:?:
Forgive me, but I'm pretty much going to ignore what you posted and address the thread title.

"Gourmet/Boutique/High End" juices all have one of three things in common. Either they use the finest ingredients they can get their hands on, have an exceptionally skilled blender, or have a good marketing campaign. Or a combination of all three.

Five Pawns and Alice in Vapeland have the most distinctive packaging in the ejuice industry, and that makes them gourmet...I guess. I've never tried AiV, as I'm not into tea flavors, and 5 Pawns only makes one juice I like.

Highbrow Vapors claims to use only the finest ingredients, Mad Murdock is a skilled blender, Aroma Ejuice actually does use the finest ingredients, at least when it comes to their WTA. Alien Visions has a great juice with a catchy name, Boba's Bounty.

Then you have Casey Jones Mainline Reserve. $27 for 120ml, comes in glass bottles, and is mighty tasty...if you like custard flavors.

As for myself, I don't consider a juice to be "gourmet" unless it has a complex, multilayered flavor, with nuances that don't appear until you try it at different temperatures. Doesn't matter if the price is high or low, glass bottle or plastic. If it can't be perfectly cloned by the super tasters out there, it's a gourmet juice created by a master blender.

crand

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
Ask yourself the same question as posed by the OP for just about any product or service that you purchase. Is a high price tag a guarantee of quality or, because you paid a high price are you more inclined to think that it must be good. I can think of personal examples when I've spent large on things because 'everyone' recommended it and it was twice the price of it's competition so, it must be good, right?
Again, sometimes everyone was right and it was worth every penny and sometimes not so much.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
I quickly moved to making my own juice. With a small investment in flavors and some research, I have made some great juice that I and those I share it with like. Also, I am able to make the strength to suit my tastes (I stopped smoking in August, so I need a bit more than what was available). The vape shop in my town lets you try any juice they sell (a nice affair with mods on the wall). the high end juice is not amazing, but it is unique.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
People buy it because they want to. It all taste the same to me so I don't see a difference in the gourmet vs dollar store. One of the reasons I vape unflavored a lot.

I always think of a fourth of July party a friend had 30 years ago. Some dude had a pair of sunglasses he dropped 400 for. I can't remember the brand name. They were stupid ugly though. When he started talking to me he pulled them off and was talking about the 400 or so he paid for them. I told him they looked uglier than he did... His words? They can't... they cost me 400 bucks.

DasFriek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
Ohio
Juices are like cars imo.
From every aspect we see the faults,superiority,over priced and just plastic junk all the way to good quality for the buck to death traps and ultra super cars.
There is a juice to match every aspect of the similar car world and a buyer for each one and all can justify thier decisions.

To me, I buy the juice I feel tastes and performs the best for the applications I need.
I vape $22 30ml bottles and $20 120ml a bottle juice too, but you can bet I've driven a lot of different juices to find the ones I like.
And I keep looking for the next best vape I ever had still also.

What I like you won't, and what you like others won't ever pay that kind of money for it.
In the end, do what makes you smile and feel good about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread