whats the big deal with these high end mods???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You're new and haven't yet learned to appreciate higher quality vape gear. For some vapors vaping becomes more than a means to quit cigarette smoking, it becomes a hobby. Some go on to become collectors of high end gear. No different than any other hobby, this can be taken to levels that the average vapor can't begin to appreciate.

Many of these expensive devices are in limited production, with serial numbers to document authenticity. They are made of the finest materials and machined by hand, often highly polished and engraved. Quite literally fine pieces of art. Above all of that, they function at an extreme level too. To those who can afford them these items are worthy of the price they pay.

Few people can gaze at a Caravella without at least a little lust and admiration in their eyes.

Caravella.jpg

Considering that some people smoked 2 or more packs a day, and say at $5 a pack, that comes out to about $300 a month. Instead of smoking it away with cigarettes and nothing to show for it, why not spend the money saved on something of value, that will last, and of which can give them much pleasure just by looking at it. No different than collecting jewelry, oaintings or sculptures, sports cars, rare coins, musical instruments, etc. It's all about what one considers value and makes them happy to own.

And no, the above Caravella is not mine. It's a pic borrowed from Google Images. But I'll admit, I did have a little lust in my heart viewing it. :wub:

Last edited:

IMZed

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hamilton, OH, USA
Go with what works for you. Don't worry about the people with "mine's-bigger-than-yours" syndrome. It's more important that the job gets done, not what the price of the tool to do the job was. Let the people with tons of disposable cash spend it. Personally, I'm on a very limited income and can't afford to spend $200+ on one mod and then still have to buy batteries and a charger. I'll take that $15 starter kit, and give me 2 more while you're at it. I don't want to spend my 6-month budget on one piece of equipment! I don't worry about what other people use, to a great extend. I don't care if mine isn't as big, it still gives me pleasure, and that's all I care about!
(Uh, PVs that is!)

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I mean it's like anything else. Everything has high end mods. Cars, computers, cellphones, I mean, there's high end CUPS, and like everything else, they all have people that are very enthusiastic about the products.

Exactly. A Yugo will get me back and forth to work, but my car pleases me more. I can listen to music on a $25 radio, but my home theater setup is better for me.

For some it's the name; for some it's in the details; better threads, better finish, higher quality alloys, more sturdy electrical connections.

Whatever floats your boat, whatever pleases you, whatever keeps you happy. I started vaping as an alternative to cigarettes; it's beginning to look like I've started a new hobby, so I'll be getting into some "higher end" stuff in the near future.

Vape on, and don't let it upset you. We're all here to enjoy vaping, bottom line.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
You're new and haven't yet learned to appreciate higher quality vape gear. For some vapors vaping becomes more than a means to quit cigarette smoking, it becomes a hobby. Some go on to become collectors of finer gear. No different than any other hobby, this can be taken to levels that the average person can't begin to appreciate.

Many of these expensive devices are in limited production, with serial codes to document authenticity. They are made of the finest materials and machined by hand, often highly polished and engraved. Quite literally fine pieces of art. Above all of that, they function at an extreme level too. To those who can afford them these items are worthy of the price they pay. Few people can gaze at a Caravella without at least a little lust in their eyes.

View attachment 255967

I have neither seen nor heard of a Caravella but it does look stunning, uh I mean...jeez that thing probably costs an arm and leg *glances at arm* :p

EXILEDinATL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Macon, GA.
I like the idea of high end mods. I also think of Vaping is not only a way to keep me off the real deal; but also a hobby.
I can't afford the high end stuff right now. Hell I had to save up for my Evic for a while. That is what being 22 and paying for my own college will do.. But I think they are worth it completely. I have to work hard and save up for what I get, and when I do get something high end I feel like I have accomplished something and I am proud to own it.
So I set goals like in two weeks I will buy a Evic. Now that that is done, I will be saving for my first Mech mod and Rda. When that is done I will set a new goal.
So that is why I like them it gives me something to work for and keeps me off the real deal.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
toys does not make the man, in reality. a man is what he stands for and how much he is willing to defend what he stands for.

WHen it all comes down to it men/ women should obtain things that make themselves happy. We all have things we desire and spend more than somebody else thinks is outrageous. Be it comics, action figures, guns, cars, movie memorabilia, stamps, women?

I respect the person that collects or gets things they themselves really admire. If a nice Subaru gets you around safely and comfortably and spend your money on your bed, tele, PC, comics, and other toys , we all have our weakness.

After all most of us will never be in the same room with others we see on here with "toys" so who do we really impress? Vape on , be happy, surround yourself with what you truly enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread