Whats the cheapest way to vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingraptor724

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
United States
So in a nutshell I got laid off from my job and now all my expenses go to food, rent etc and I was wondering how I can continue to vape. I really cant put my last paycheck on vaping at all. Is DIY extremely cheap or something? Im sure some of you can relate and just would like to know how you guys did it or do it.

Reactions: bnrkwest

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Yes, making your own liquid is the single biggest savings.
Don't get cheap ingredients - the best ingredients are cheap enough!
You can get VG from Amazon ("Essential Depot" brand is great), and you can get flavors from a ton of places - and just need a little really.
My liquid, which I love - much better than juice I used to buy - costs me less than $6 to make 100 mls.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
If you want to go really cheap, just buy straight VG and vape unflavored. You can buy some PG to thin it out too. But that will be the absolute cheapest you'll get besides just vaping less or not vaping at all.

If you need flavor, there is a start up cost. Flavors, syringes, bottles (if you havent saved your old ones), nicotine, PG, VG, etc. But once you have everything, there are plenty of tried and true delicious recipes online that you can feel confident in making.

Reactions: Baditude

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
There is no doubt that DIY is the most cost effective thing you can do BUT you will have to keep it simple to keep it cheap. In other words, you cannot afford to lose it trying a bazillion different flavorings right now.

To that end: Have you ever vaped unflavored? If not you may be surprised to find you like it a lot. It's not as weird as it may sound, nor is it completely flavorless as VG itself has a slightly sweet edge to it.

Head for the DIY section, read and ask questions for cheap options. ~> DIY E-Liquid

Also - no pressure but... - you have landed right on top of a big sales weekend. So if there ever was a recent time to find deals this weekend is it:

ECF Suppliers *Independence Day July 4th* Sales!

The other place to look (and subscribe) is here:

Deals and Steals

Go to the last page of that thread and read backwards, until you start seeing old/stale dated sales posts.

There may not be many great discounts on DIY nicotine at this point though, because of the high sales demand due to the FDA deeming crapola. Still, these are the places to look for sales on DIY.

And if you get really desperate:

EMERGENCY Assistance Thread - USA - please read first post for requirements

Don't be afraid to ask. You name and circumstances won't be revealed as your request will be handled by PM. Being out of work really sucks. It would suck a lot more if you went back to smoking. We can help if you need it.

wwwmarty

Oct 9, 2015
Man I'm so cheap now I can't see straight. $10 worth of 26g Kanthal should last a year or two in my STM and two RDAs, and my DIY juice is about $50 for 6 months (1liter VG, 250ml @ 36mg) -- not counting flavorings.

Flavorings are cheap too, so that's not the issue -- the problem is that there are so many to choose from, and you can waste a fair amount of base by making too much of something that's not so good. Like this 50ml of hazelnut I mixed at 8% flavor... ugh, should have tried 2%!

That right there is a GREAT reason to take the advice of vaping unflavored -- and maybe adding a bit of flavor here and there, as you learn what's good and what's not. So you wasted $4 on a flavor you don't care for -- no big deal unless you also wasted $4 worth of base finding this out. That's $8 down the drain on one flavor! Stop by the DIY thread for a few suggestions on starter flavors, I don't try to mix anything fancy anymore and am happy with almost anything with "cream pie" in the name.

Reactions: glointhedark

Jeffro2700

Oct 16, 2013
Toledo, OH
My advice for vaping cheap would be to switch to flavorless. I made the switch about 4 months ago and couldn't be happier.

I do have lots of flavored liquids lying around, so every few days if I'm bored I'll add 1 drop of a flavor to a tank.

It seems my coils will last forever which will also save money. I rewick every 4 to 6 weeks now and my coils are nearly spotless.

I would recommend Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers if you want to give it a try. 1000 ml's will run you about $30 with shipping. They also include the test results to show you the purity of the product.

Wholesale E Liquid and Liquid Nicotine | liquidnicotinewholesalers.com

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bonskibon

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
So in a nutshell I got laid off from my job and now all my expenses go to food, rent etc and I was wondering how I can continue to vape. I really cant put my last paycheck on vaping at all. Is DIY extremely cheap or something? Im sure some of you can relate and just would like to know how you guys did it or do it.
Pm me, I've got some juice I can send you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rosesense

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
To get into DIY using the Liquid Barn DIY Starter kit the total cost is about $64.00 last time I looked which will will be everything you need to make 1,400 ML's including Lab-ware and flavors. Yes initial start up costs but enough e-Liquid for a good long time depending on how much you vape.

Good Luck and Vape On Safely

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If you want to go really cheap, just buy straight VG and vape unflavored. You can buy some PG to thin it out too. But that will be the absolute cheapest you'll get besides just vaping less or not vaping at all.

If you need flavor, there is a start up cost. Flavors, syringes, bottles (if you havent saved your old ones), nicotine, PG, VG, etc. But once you have everything, there are plenty of tried and true delicious recipes online that you can feel confident in making.

I agree with the above. :thumb: Straight vg (glycerin) can be vaped; no other flavoring or no nicotine. It is slightly sweet (its used as a sweetener in a lot of foods) and some say it tastes like a very light cigarette. You can find a bottle at Walmart if you are desperate enough. If you need help finding it, tell them you are buying it for your grandmother's skin problem.

IMG_2146.jpg

I'm just now looking into DIY e-liquids. For flavoring agents and Pg/Vg in bulk, check out Bull City Vapor. My Freedom Smokes and Wizzard Labs are suppliers for bulk liquid nicotine.

Reactions: Zipslack

Zipslack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA
That stuff that Baditude is holding is about $3.50 in Walmart and I've been using it for a couple of years. You can also get a gallon of USP PG at farm supply (Tractor Supply) stores for $20-25.

If you have existing juice, you could try diluting it with VG to stretch it. It will reduce the flavor and nic concentration.

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
DIY liquids , start of simple juices with 1 flavor, until you learn doing cool mixes, FlavorWest and Inawera flavors are really cheap.
If you wanna cheap vaping u need to have low juice usage, get urself an eGo or something like Nebox and u'll use maximum 10-15ml every day if you vape alot ( chain vaping etc ). But u'll need high nic juices 12-18mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread