What's the deal? Moving back to MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
I decided to go back to mouth to lung as I miss the throat hits and the stealthiness of it. I'm in a lot more situations where I'd rather not be blowing clouds. I bought a Ephro kayfun lite plus v2. My first kayfun clone . I have a 28 gauge wrapped 7 or 8 times for 1.3 ohms. First build was a success with no leaking or dry hits and so was my second. My question is where is all this flavor? I know I could probably tweak some things but I'm in the ballpark and I'm not really seeing this knockout flavor. I wouldn't even say it's as good as my subtank mini. I figured I must be doing something wrong since everybody always raves about it. Is it just needing to get used to MTL again? I used cotton bacon and DIY juice. Anyone else have any ideas ?

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
Are you still using the same pg/VG ratio you were using to sub ohm? With MTL I like 50/50 for the increased flavor. With sub ohm I'll bump up the VG. Pg carries the flavors better and since with MTL you've got less vapor to begin with. ..you'll need to compensate. Imo... hope you get it figured out- David

Reactions: MMW

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I decided to go back to mouth to lung as I miss the throat hits and the stealthiness of it. I'm in a lot more situations where I'd rather not be blowing clouds. I bought a Ephro Kayfun lite plus v2. My first Kayfun clone . I have a 28 gauge wrapped 7 or 8 times for 1.3 ohms. First build was a success with no leaking or dry hits and so was my second. My question is where is all this flavor? I know I could probably tweak some things but I'm in the ballpark and I'm not really seeing this knockout flavor. I wouldn't even say it's as good as my subtank mini. I figured I must be doing something wrong since everybody always raves about it. Is it just needing to get used to MTL again? I used cotton bacon and DIY juice. Anyone else have any ideas ?
Some times the flavor is just different and you'll adjust. Food can taste different depending on whether a stainless or iron pot is used but it's still the same food. Having said that I only use rda's because they are so easy to re wick. I get the best flavor and vapor quality from a fresh wick. The only rda I use is an SV rda clone from fasttech because it is the most sensitive to flavor of any of my rda's. That's important for me because I want to minimize flavoring. With the SV I can taste just 1% flavoring. In my other rda's that small amount of flavoring almost disappears.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
I decided to go back to mouth to lung as I miss the throat hits and the stealthiness of it. I'm in a lot more situations where I'd rather not be blowing clouds. I bought a Ephro Kayfun lite plus v2. My first Kayfun clone . I have a 28 gauge wrapped 7 or 8 times for 1.3 ohms. First build was a success with no leaking or dry hits and so was my second. My question is where is all this flavor? I know I could probably tweak some things but I'm in the ballpark and I'm not really seeing this knockout flavor. I wouldn't even say it's as good as my subtank mini. I figured I must be doing something wrong since everybody always raves about it. Is it just needing to get used to MTL again? I used cotton bacon and DIY juice. Anyone else have any ideas ?

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
Thanks for all the replies. I didn't want to give up on it since I just got it in the mail yesterday and with all the fuss around it I was certainly thinking I was doing something wrong. I'll build it again using that wicking method and see if it helps. I can't imagine it making a huge difference but it's worth a shot. I'm going to try some other juices as well. I might have had it built up in my head too much

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Love my Kayfuns and Russian91%'s. They have their learning curve to get them wicked right, but generally I use the rule of lift the tails up before cutting, seat the bottom chamber barrel, then cut the tials 1/16th to 1/8th inch above that barrel and tuck them in, for good measure tuck the tials against the pos/neg blocks, and use a threading needle to pull the wick back from the juice channels, this allows the juice to come up then lay on the wicking and keeps the juice channels unrestricted.

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
I think In leaning towards my e juice. I've noticed in the past when I made a bottle for my sister and her nautilus it wouldn't taste like it did in my subtank. I'm going to try higher pg and see if that helps with the flavor. I've built it 3 times now with different wick lengths and thickness and achieved the same result

Reactions: Foggy Road

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
What diameter coil in new tank? Most who are building on sub tanks are using large ID coils which can be too large in a kayfun because it adds a big amount of wicking material near the channels which can inhibit juice flow

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread