Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
I see them all of the time in pictures of people's setups and truthfully, being new, I have absolutely no idea what they are. Since the beginning, the only thing I've used are Protanks, Aerotanks and Protank Minis and they've worked...OK I suppose. Mainly the Protanks are the only ones to give me issues. Anyways, from my understanding there were only a couple other type of systems like RBA's (rebuildables with a tank system) and rda's (rebuildable dripping atomizers) and then disposable dripping atomizers that you use to try flavors.

What exactly is a carto tank and are they nice/easy to use? Do you have to rebuild with them? I see them all over the place in the Provari section, and since I've just bought one, I'd like to know why they're so commonly used and how beneficial they are. Also, if they're really good, which should I get and why?

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I see them all of the time in pictures of people's setups and truthfully, being new, I have absolutely no idea what they are. Since the beginning, the only thing I've used are Protanks, Aerotanks and Protank Minis and they've worked...OK I suppose. Mainly the Protanks are the only ones to give me issues. Anyways, from my understanding there were only a couple other type of systems like RBA's (rebuildables with a tank system) and RDA's (rebuildable dripping atomizers) and then disposable dripping atomizers that you use to try flavors.

What exactly is a carto tank and are they nice/easy to use? Do you have to rebuild with them? I see them all over the place in the Provari section, and since I've just bought one, I'd like to know why they're so commonly used and how beneficial they are. Also, if they're really good, which should I get and why?

Right now cartos are the only thing I currently use. I have tanks on just about everything. I kind of gave up on clearos.

I have had nothing but good luck with cartos and and the tanks they are used in. Cleros just seemed to not have the same flavor for me and seemed to be more finicky.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I see them all of the time in pictures of people's setups and truthfully, being new, I have absolutely no idea what they are. Since the beginning, the only thing I've used are Protanks, Aerotanks and Protank Minis and they've worked...OK I suppose. Mainly the Protanks are the only ones to give me issues. Anyways, from my understanding there were only a couple other type of systems like RBA's (rebuildables with a tank system) and RDA's (rebuildable dripping atomizers) and then disposable dripping atomizers that you use to try flavors.

A cartomizer is a little thing like a cigarette filter, in size and shape, and it is a cartridge and atomizer; it is 'disposable'; it contains the heating coil. It contains a big wad of wicking material usually called filler.

The original regular cartomizers screw directly onto a battery, and when on a small automatic battery they look like cigalikes.

With carto tanks, what is used are punched cartomizers, - they have a hole or 2 on them, and they go inside a tank, and the liquid in the tank can seep in through the holes.

The cartridge itself wouldn't hold very much eliquid, so instead of tossing an otherwise good carto which is empty of liquid, you can use punched cartos in a tank and vape alot more liquid before the carto really needs changing.

The Sophia is a carto shaped rebuildable atomizer.

A carto tank is essentially a bcc clearomiser which uses standard type cartos as the atomizer.

The v-nano is a cigalike type tank with atomizer with removeable mouthpiece for refilling, which uses filler like a carto; its like a disposable micro cartotank system in construction.

txcolt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Plano, TX
The main supply you are going to need are the cartos themselves. I buy 10 to 15 at a time and they typically last 4 to 5 days each for me. Depending on what type you buy they will cost around 2 bucks a piece.

I have two IBTanks and have spare O-rings for them but have never had to use them. When you order get one of the handy refilling tools as well. I also like the IBTanked for the thingy which is awesome for priming the carto.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

pmuniz10920

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Albuquerque, NM

Carto tanks are awesome. I used to use clearos, then I tried carto tanks, then I tried RBA sized cartos.

Since you have a provari I would suggest a 22mm IBT, and IBT pro-ring, and a 5pk of ikenvape platinum punch v2. It would be a cost effective setup to try plus with the IBT pro-ring it give your provari a hybrid look. You may also want to order a spare glass tube. Since I'm talking about glass it's awesome cause you can vape tank crackers(pluid, strong cinnamons, etc) in glass tanks.

As mentioned cartos are disposable. I vape a ton and got tired of tossing them and having to prime new ones. I tried carto sized RBA's Atmistique Diver V2 and Sophia by Leo, both are pricey but awesome. There is also a bit of a learning curve but it's worth it. I still keep cartos in my vape box stash.

Last edited:

pmuniz10920

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Also forgot to mention since you using a provari just get 3ohm cartos, I know it's higher resistance but your using a vv device so it's ok. Baditude has a chart somewhere.

Also when you look at cartos they have sizes 35mm is standard 45mm is XL.

I mentioned IBT 22mm tank diameter with a pro-ring but you can use 19mm diameter with out a pro-ring.

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
Carto tanks are awesome. I used to use clearos, then I tried carto tanks, then I tried RBA sized cartos.

Since you have a provari I would suggest a 22mm IBT, and IBT pro-ring, and a 5pk of ikenvape platinum punch v2. It would be a cost effective setup to try plus with the IBT pro-ring it give your provari a hybrid look. You may also want to order a spare glass tube. Since I'm talking about glass it's awesome cause you can vape tank crackers(pluid, strong cinnamons, etc) in glass tanks.

As mentioned cartos are disposable. I vape a ton and got tired of tossing them and having to prime new ones. I tried carto sized RBA's Atmistique Diver V2 and Sophia by Leo, both are pricey but awesome. There is also a bit of a learning curve but it's worth it. I still keep cartos in my vape box stash.

I am in love with carto tanks. Giving up on all other toppers (except my KFL+'s). Best vape I have had.

Anyway, I just became aware of the Diver and what I have read they seem to be the holy grail of cartos. Are they really?? Do they fit in any tank? Or only specific tanks. I have a bunch of IBTanked tanks that are simply awesome and would like to be able to keep using them if I decide to get the Diver.

pmuniz10920

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
I am in love with carto tanks. Giving up on all other toppers (except my KFL+'s). Best vape I have had.

Anyway, I just became aware of the Diver and what I have read they seem to be the holy grail of cartos. Are they really?? Do they fit in any tank? Or only specific tanks. I have a bunch of IBTanked tanks that are simply awesome and would like to be able to keep using them if I decide to get the Diver.

Diver v2 (flangeless) and Sophia work in all carto tanks.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
Oh jeez, I made this topic before I knew how great carto-tanks were. I've been using my IBTanked Carto-tank for a good 3 weeks now with absolutely no problems. Probably one of the most hassle free vapes I've had to date. It's a great little system.

However, I stopped using the IBTanked Proring that I bought with my tank because it really restricts the airflow for me. Having it off and having it on is like night and day with airflow which is a shame because it does look great.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Oh jeez, I made this topic before I knew how great carto-tanks were. I've been using my IBTanked Carto-tank for a good 3 weeks now with absolutely no problems. Probably one of the most hassle free vapes I've had to date. It's a great little system.

However, I stopped using the IBTanked Proring that I bought with my tank because it really restricts the airflow for me. Having it off and having it on is like night and day with airflow which is a shame because it does look great.

There are a bunch of ProRings you can use:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/500190-pro-rings-2013-year-end.html

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
The Diver and Sophia are more rebuildable atomizers than a cartomizer, and much more expensive than a cartomizer.

I would suggest that anyone new to carto tanks use cartos with them first and make sure you like them.

After over a year of cartos, I have moved on to the Sophia, and I love it. They are expensive, but worth it to me. At a minimum you need to have a good understanding of coil building and R-NR (resistance-no resistance) wires.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I stopped using the IBTanked Proring that I bought with my tank because it really restricts the airflow for me. Having it off and having it on is like night and day with airflow which is a shame because it does look great.

I've noticed the same issue with some juice attachments. I finally figured out an easy fix if using a cartotank. "Cheat" or slide the tank a little higher on the carto so that there is more space between the carto's connector and the cartotank's bottom endcap.

Of course, other attachments you can't cheat like this, because you can't adapt attachment's connector length. For instance, I have to use a slimmer Pro Ring when using my new Kayfun Lite Plus.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States

Provape has come out with these...ProVari Tank Ring they are sold out now but I have had heard good things about them and it looks like it would have plenty of airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread