Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Detroit
www.nightstalkerproductions.com
I swear I don't know why I keep buying these hunks of junk! Probably because my local b&m carries them but I'm about to say screw it and just order different brands online because if I get one more flooded smok carto after only an hour of use I'm gonna freak out! I know the filler isn't as dense as some but geez man are these things only good with heavy VG juice? I'm using 60/40 and 50/50 and even the 50/50 floods. Ive even been tilting my tanks up a bit before I take a draw so the feed holes aren't constantly sucking in juice every time I hit it and they still flood like a son of a gun. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a bad streak of luck with bunk cartos for the last dozen I've used?? If you guys use these cartos I'd like to hear what some of your experiences have been with these compared to Boge or Ikenvape carts. What kind of juice are you using, resistance, device etc.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
Didn't have too many issues with them when I used them. I used the short one at 2.0ohms (with holes already) with halfling ibtanked on my provari mini. I use all VG liquid. Since they were the short ones I was drawing with air holes covered on tank ring to help keep wicking good if flavor for weak. Only really flooded if I over did it.
I'm no longer using them add I've moved on to rebuildables now.

MasterBlaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Detroit
www.nightstalkerproductions.com
See I bet that's why you weren't have many issues because you were using all VG. They sure don't like thinner juices. It would be nice if these worked well with any mix ratio. Hopefully when I get my hands on these new Ikenvape Nitro cartos all my prayers will be answered. Fingers crossed...

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I use a 60/40 base with flavoring I figure it is 70/30 and dont have any flooding issues. You mentioned the last dozen or so cartomizers, could it be that somewhere along the line you might of clipped an oring? An air leak will certainly bring on flooding of the worst kind. Hope you get it sorted.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I've have used both Smok (DCC'S) and IKenvape exclusively in the last two years. 70/30 - 50/50 PG/VG mix. I have never had an issue with flooding. I get my Smok cartos from Sweet-Vapes. The Smok's are the 3-hole punched.

I wonder if you are actually getting true Smok cartos. Either that or it is something in the way you vape. I would suggest trying a pack from Sweet-Vapes and see if it makes a difference.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
I wonder if you are actually getting true Smok cartos. Either that or it is something in the way you vape. I would suggest trying a pack from Sweet-Vapes and see if it makes a difference.

That might be the case with the ones I bought. So I'm willing to buy again from Sweet Vapes. However, looking at their website it appears they only sell XL's (my tanks are not XL). :(

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
OCD's point about the possibility of the o-rings being worn/damaged causing the cartos to flood was a good point. Are you using some type of tank tool to protect the o-rings from the sharp edges of the cartomizer?

Delrin SYM.jpg refil drip tip.jpg tank tools

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    OP- Yes might be Orings, but sometimes they just don't work for some people. I've tried them on a few different occasions since I've been here and was always getting dry hits 70p30v and then flood. Not sure how I'd get one to burn And flooded, but I did 2wice. Staying with Boge now, but wish I had an alternative.

Also, you can't be drawing hard on some cartos.

Last edited:

DJLEC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 12, 2013
    Union City, California
    Between the wife and I we have 5 IBTanked cartotanks and use the 3.2ohms Smok cartos we buy through them. Never had a problem. Could the ones you got possibly be knock-offs? Crap even Nautilus atty coils are being clones, a carto would be a snap to do.

I am the same with IBTanked as my source. Get the odd one that does not last like I think it should but I consider this luck of the draw sometimes. I have experienced No Flooding at all for the time I have been Vaping and No DOA's.

Sometimes I am also pretty hard on them Chain Vaping at 4.3 - 4.5 Volts. Pretty happy overall with the Smok Cartos. I am also using the 3.2 Ohm with 70 PG / 30 VG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

N2rock

ECF Veteran
    Jan 29, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    OCD's point about the possibility of the o-rings being worn/damaged causing the cartos to flood was a good point. Are you using some type of tank tool to protect the o-rings from the sharp edges of the cartomizer?

Definitely not the problem with mine, because I use Texas Tuff Tanks. Coincidentally, the ones I have I purchased from Big Daddy

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Definitely not the problem with mine, because I use Texas Tuff Tanks. Coincidentally, the ones I have I purchased from Big Daddy

Ok then, I have similar tanks from momnpops place. A similar problem to an oring issue on a nongrommet tank like OCD's, would be the screw leaking. If you look at a mirror while vaping and see bubbles come from that area, just add an oring.

Didn't know you were using a tank- did someone suggest just having a single hole? They sell them that way also.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
    Jan 29, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    Ok then, I have similar tanks from momnpops place. A similar problem to an oring issue on a nongrommet tank like OCD's, would be the screw leaking. If you look at a mirror while vaping and see bubbles come from that area, just add an oring.

Didn't know you were using a tank- did someone suggest just having a single hole? They sell them that way also.

Yeah, my tanks already have the tiny o-ring on the screw. Definitely not leaking there- the Smok cartos are the only ones I have flooding issues with. And these were the ones with a single hole.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Yeah, my tanks already have the tiny o-ring on the screw. Definitely not leaking there- the Smok cartos are the only ones I have flooding issues with. And these were the ones with a single hole.

Never had Smoktech cartos with the single tiny hole leak or flood before. :ohmy: Either a bad batch or they are knockoff Smoktechs is my guess.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 21, 2013

Miata GT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 28, 2013
    Largo, FL

View attachment 350280 View attachment 350281 tank tools

Always the educator! You definitely go above and beyond and anticipate what people like me fail to even consider stating.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    USA
    Sorry you are having so much trouble! I use smok cartos (xl though) with 70/30 thin juice, and I never had flooding issues. Using a single hole now and in fact have to take a few pulls here and there without hitting the fire button to make sure it has plenty of juice. Sorry I can't offer any pointers, just wanted you to know they aren't all bad. I buy mine from litecigusa, always 2.0ohm, for what it's worth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread