Whats the deal with V.V.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addicted2Vap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
South-Eastern Ky,USA
Juices can taste very different at different voltages, voltage also effects the temperature and TH of a vape too. VV allows people to pinpoint their sweet spot and adjust to meet it regardless of the resistance of their atty.
I'm not all that sure on cons of VV. Since i got my VV mod my ego has been very neglected.:vapor:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I use the variable volt Darwin which is one of the top three VV on the market and in many respects the top one. Comparing a good VV PV to say a regular 510 is like comparing a Yugo to a Lexus. First, the sweet spot for vaping on a regular att or carto in volts is 4.5 to 5 volts. The small little battery models are 3.7 volts but actually 3.2 volts under load. The warmth of vapor on a VV or even a good 5 volt such as the GLV2 is just night and day better than on a dinky battery model.

Then, as mentioned above, you have the flexibility to use any atty/carto with it's different vaping characteristics at it's best vaping level by changing the power level of the PV.

Another great advantage is consistency. The Darwin uses "regulated boost circuit" technology. With a regular PV, as the battery becomes weaker, the vapor and warmth diminishes quickly. With the Darwin, the last inhale is exactly the same as the first inhale. And the Darwin goes 21+ hours on a charge for a heavy vaper. The Darwin also senses the resistence change in the atty as you vape and automatically adjusts the power output to the atty to compensate for the change in resistence.

If you like consistency, warm vapor, great battery life, great throat hit and flexibility, then a good VV is the way to go.

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
VV is wonderful in concept ... and great in execution with devices like the Darwin and ProVari. The downside is cost.

As a budget vaper, I am quite content with LR cartos on good fat batts and inexpensive 3.7V mods. The Smok Tech 1.7 ohm single coils on a 3.2V eGo (or 3.5V Lea) battery and the dual coils on a 3.7V IMR high-drain battery provide me just the hit that I want.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Carmiol, everyone so far has explained as good or better than I. Once I realized that I really had stopped smoking, I figured up what I was spending to smoke. I spent a lot of money for a lot of years to be slowly killing myself. If you have vaped long enough to realize it works, I found that it was worth it to spend a month's worth of $$$ that I formerly spent smoking, to get a good VV/VW mod. Some go all out and get into the collecting part, and that surely gets expensive. I got a Darwin, and broke even on savings very quickly. Don't put all your vaping eggs in one basket, make sure to keep an adequate backup as well.

Darrigaaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
New Mexico, USA
Cost is definitely a con, but a bigger concern for a lot of us is that the VV mods are more fragile than a fully mechanical mod. If you are the type of person that does a lot of stuff outdoors, it might be more beneficial to not go the VV mod route.

I use my Prodigy v3.1 everywhere I go. Because it's fully mechanical, I can drop it into a pool and not worry about it not working. I just wipe it down, replace the batteries, and it's good as new.

I don't really see too much of a benefit of being able to change the voltage at a whim. Since I order my cartos at all the same ohms (once I figured out which ohms worked best at my voltage), there's no reason for me to change my voltage ever.

Carmiol

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2011
Costa Rica
Carmiol, everyone so far has explained as good or better than I. Once I realized that I really had stopped smoking, I figured up what I was spending to smoke. I spent a lot of money for a lot of years to be slowly killing myself. If you have vaped long enough to realize it works, I found that it was worth it to spend a month's worth of $$$ that I formerly spent smoking, to get a good VV/VW mod. Some go all out and get into the collecting part, and that surely gets expensive. I got a Darwin, and broke even on savings very quickly. Don't put all your vaping eggs in one basket, make sure to keep an adequate backup as well.

Thanks for the advice. Analogs down here in Costa Rica are $2 a pack. But even if it costs more, I'd still choose to vape than "slowly killing myself"!

However, even with analogs being so inexpensive, im still saving money with ecigs.

I used to smoke 1 PAD, meaning $60/month, $240 in 4 months. (been vaping for 4 months)

I bought an eGo starter kit, a couple attys, a drip tip, and a ton of eliquid from MadVapes. All ended up a little over $125. I still have attys and juice.

So I know im saving money. I want to "upgrade" and already have stuff coming my way.

I was wondering about VVs for a while. You guys have posted alot of info I needed. Thanks for that! I dont see one person complaining about VVs, and that is good to know.

I got pretty excited about the Darwin after reading review wv2win suggested. I guess I will be "evolv-ing" to mods soon!

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
ive had a handful of VV's and non-VV mods. VV is definitely the way to go. you can use just about any atty,carto, or whatever. and fine tune each one. i see no real downside to VV but the price. if i were you i'd look into a cheaper VV to give it a try. besides it makes for a great back-up device later down the line. i did a review of KrimsonKustoms evercool VV. he sells them here on ECF with an assortment of colors and options for $55. heres the link to the thread..
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modder-accessories-supplier-forum/206210-krimson-kustoms-3-7v-5-variable-voltage-evercool-quality-look-great-price.html

and heres the youtube review i made for it...

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
VV is wonderful in concept ... and great in execution with devices like the Darwin and ProVari. The downside is cost.

As a budget vaper, I am quite content with LR cartos on good fat batts and inexpensive 3.7V mods. The Smok Tech 1.7 ohm single coils on a 3.2V eGo (or 3.5V Lea) battery and the dual coils on a 3.7V IMR high-drain battery provide me just the hit that I want.

Cost is not an issue to get a VV mod! :laugh:

Variable Voltage Feeder $85: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...vv-army-tank-variable-volt-bottom-feeder.html

Variable Voltage Box Mod $30-$55: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...3021-variable-volt-box-mods-great-prices.html

Variable Voltage Box Mod $55: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...oltage-evercool-quality-look-great-price.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread