Status
Not open for further replies.

fatalis

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.myspace.com
Does anyone know what the highest strength of unflavored nicotine there is? I've only found up to 100mg/ml for sale. Some of my flavor extracts are really weak so I need to put as much as I can and there's not enough room even when I use only 25% unflavored nicotine liquid. I have 60mg nic.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
What flavorings are you using, fatalis? My capellas are pretty strong, and I find I need much less than Loranns in general. I am wondering if getting stronger flavors rather than stronger unflavored nic juice would not be a better thing to explore. But please be careful if you get any of those! 100 mg is about as strong as I feel comfortable with using, and even then I only use a syringe, so do not get it on me. That stuff in dangerous, and I'm a chemist with years of haz material handling experience.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
You really might want to check your flavours - the highest I use is a Decadent Vapour with 10%, all my others are at most 5%.

And while I am not a chemist, I sure would not try to handle anything over 100mg/ml. In fact, that would make me uncomfortable. Mainly because it very easily could make me a lot worse than just uncomfortable.

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Generally anyone who is selling the high strength (really, anything above 16-18mg) is going to be mixing with at least part pure nicotine. It's probably, as mentioned above, more a matter of "sweet-talking" someone into mixing up something that's rather dangerous if handled incorrectly. Most wouldn't do it for that exact reason- no one would want to be responsible (either legally or morally) for injury from it's mishandling.

I'm considering getting into the business myself, and although I'd love to see if there would be a call for the very high nicotine-density material, there is a concern about how that must be handled.

What kind of extracts are you using? Can you concentrate them before adding them to your liquid?

RedZone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
Denver, CO, USA
Fatalis, super high NIC strengths aren't your answer. Though 250mg is available, you would have to buy large quantity, and your flavors are the issue, not NIC strength.

You don't mention what flavor bases you are using, so it's difficult to blindly share experience.
We use primarily Capella and Fairie's Finest, and the percentage of flavor concentrate in our recipe's general runs from 8-14%.

I can't imagine using 75%, as it looks like you are stating above? Details! :)

NanoVapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Western Canada
www.grbc.co
I have 1g/ml nicotine (pure freebase), but its very very dangerous to play with if you dont have proper equipment (full face splash shield, elbow length gloves with the ends folded over to catch arm-drips, top notch measuring equipment, etc.). It is quiet an investment just to be able to safey handle the stuff, and I would use these same precautions for anything 100mg/ml or over.

You really dont need stronger nicotine, you need stronger flavorings. Many flavors are simply too "flavorless" when vaped. Ive so far found about 75% of the flavorings ive tried mixing, are too weak to be useful for vaping (even at up to 50% flavoring!). You should continue searching for better flavorings more useful for vaping.

Examples of flavorings ive found to be very strong and thus good for vaping include LorAnns Horehound and FlavourArts Tiramisu (just 2 drops per ml of base makes for intense flavor). I wish all flavorings were that strong :(

I suggest you just keep searching for more vaping-useful flavors!

I Stelfer I

Feb 3, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
  • Deleted by j0ker
  • Reason: not allowed

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
You must be some kind of anti-ecig troll fatilis. There isn't any kind of flavoring which needs more than a 100mg nicotine as a base to produce a useful e-liquid and the people here know that. Please take your attempt to incriminate someone elsewhere. This is a forum for people who are improving their lives by vaping. The kind of insanity you're looking for doesn't exist here. We're actually sane here and are doing something healthy, smart, and good for the world.

You really should check out someones posting history before throwing unfounded accusations at them. fatalis has been around here for months and I have seen her post on multiple other things along with buying and selling e-cig stuff in the classifieds. So you're accusation is not only off base but ridiculous for the fact you would make it in the first place without taking two seconds to check up on what you're saying.

fatalis

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.myspace.com
I'm sorry. You are right Thyestean and AlexTM. I should have checked posting history first.

Just to clear things up Mister, I want higher nicotine liquid because the high the concentration, the LESS I have to use. For example: If I'm mixing 30ml, I would only have use 5ml of 150mg nic as opposed to 15ml of 48mg.
It leaves more room for VG, flavoring, etc,,,
And yes, I do wear elbow length gloves, goggles and a mask. I also do it outside (because of the fumes). ;-)

I agree. I like the higher mg liquids for the same reason. Albeit, 150mg is probably about as high as concentrations should ever go IMO. Most ppl around our neck of the woods mix in 15mL batches and at or around 10mg strength. We like this strength, we do not consider ourselves incapable of understanding risk, and we know how to take the necessary precautions. I think that sometimes ppl get to caught up in their own opinions of things, especially regarding ecigs and these forums, and try to push them on others. To me there are just so many more vapers that are just as educated and don't give a damn about these forums, but are entitled to their opinions as well and should be able to purchase what they feel comfortable with. It amuses me that while everyone writes about how regulation is bad and we won't stand for it and send letters ppl, we sit here and try to impose our own regulations. So who whould we fight? The government or each other?

You do realize that is 1000mg/mL and that would mean absolutely pure or freebase. Most of the stuff I mess with is 990mg/mL which between the two there isn't a huge difference considering the fact that they are both EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and unless you have a good chemical suit, some shoulder length chemical gloves, a supplied air breathing apparatus, and a vented hood to work under you shouldn't even think about it.

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
You do realize that is 1000mg/mL and that would mean absolutely pure or freebase. Most of the stuff I mess with is 990mg/mL ....<snip>

There is a lot of rounding going on regarding concentrations- pure nicotine is heavier than water (which is 1g/mL), actually about 1.01g/mL. That doesn't sound like much of a difference unless you're dealing with such tight controls, eh?
99% of 1010mg/mL is 999.9mg/mL of nicotine, which means that the last one percent of impurity is actually going to push it up a bit more (perhaps even heavier than 1.01g/mL depending on the content).
The best nicotine being sold is actually over 99% pure, but it's difficult to nail down how much over due to the different methods in determining concentration. I'm sure DVap would be far more qualified to talk about that than I, obviously.

EXTREMELY DANGEROUS ........

That is putting it mildly !!!!!!!! And I did check this persons posting history before putting up my post. Please go here to see an example :

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ded-quantity-calculations-32.html#post1015632

Thank goodness for people like scubbatdan who can always be counted on for a SANE intelligent answer.

So I want to reiterate his comments to you "I Stelfer I" . Please do not post these things on this forum. fatalis is a trusted member who obviously is using the safest of methods and is interested only in finding an economical way to make her own good tasting liquids. It is totally irresponsible and off the chart as far as safety goes to post that link. I am a 15yr veteran of the pest control industry...I am qualified legaly to make reccomendations regarding pest control as well as to buy products like this. There is only one description that fits this product : DEATH IN A BOTTLE

You are the reason the FDA wants to regulate this industry...and as far as I'm concerned....after seeing your posts, they are right. I apoligize to the rest of the forum for posting while I am angry. But I have alot to do today and don't have time to come back when I feel better. I just hope that the rest of you agree that this is something we really need to be on top of in this forum. Do we really want this guys posts being seen and published for the general public as an example of what we do here ? We better start regulating ourselves if we don't want someone doing it for us.

Ouch.
Once upon a time, the only progress was made by people who took it upon themselves to come up with something new.
Yes, I think that cautioning against the truly dangerous is a good idea, but to attack him as a monster just for skirting the border of DIY feeds paranoia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread