Whats the hip/improved setup now a days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
Alright guys getting back into the game.

Haven't been on here for awhile and want to know whats the cool setup nowadays.

When I was active. kayfun lites just hit the market and the brass Nemesis just came out (still have both and using it now).

I still have bunch of mechs that I plan to sell, probably not worth much anymore. But I seen a friend rock a new Joytech VV box mod that hits pretty well, so I'm thinking of one of those.

This time around NO MORE COLLECTING MODS. Just want a nice setup. I'll probably keep my provari, nemesis, and kayfuns but want to add a box mod.

Also whats the new and improve delivery systems?

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
There are lots of regulated boxes and tanks out there now. But I don't believe mechanicals will ever go out of style.
I'm not into what's 'hip'. But all I use are Reo squonkers and bottom feed atomizers. They've been around for several years, and I expect they'll be around for more.

Rosco P. Coltrane

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2013
USA
You want to build or buy coils?

If you used a Kayfun, I assume you inhale mouth to lung. I used the provari kayfun setup as my main device for about a year.

Ever use a REO?

While not a cool new setup, it is the best I've used and have been loyal to it for the last 2 years! I am also in the unique position to have tried most every major brands new products, and have yet to find something better.

Rosco P. Coltrane

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2013
USA
There are lots of regulated boxes and tanks out there now. But I don't believe mechanicals will ever go out of style.
I'm not into what's 'hip'. But all I use are Reo squonkers and bottom feed atomizers. They've been around for several years, and I expect they'll be around for more.
Ha! You beat me to it!

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
There is a Lot of difference between Improved and Hip:lol:

Joye eVic-VTC Mini 60W - Starter Kit 18650 Mod

Upgradable to 75w
Any 22mm tank or RDA will work
VW and TC, including current trend wire choices.

Yes thats what I mean, improved...

You want to build or buy coils?

If you used a Kayfun, I assume you inhale mouth to lung. I used the provari kayfun setup as my main device for about a year.

Ever use a REO?

While not a cool new setup, it is the best I've used and have been loyal to it for the last 2 years! I am also in the unique position to have tried most every major brands new products, and have yet to find something better.

Always wanted to try the reo, but don't think I want to spend that much anymore, unless they have really dropped in price in the classies.

What type of tank is on the joytech? I don't mind rebuilding coils since I still have all my stuff. As Im writing this Im hitting my Nemesis and Nimbus....so ya...

Thanks for all the help guys.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
This seems to be the new hip mod. There's a $200 version of it with a DNA chip in it as well if you like to fiddle with electronic gadgets.
Reuleaux RX200 by Wismec 200W $39.95

The Aromamizer and TFV4 tanks are very popular, and the Velocity is a very popular RDA (available with a bottom feeder pin for squonking). I still use my Kayfun Lites too. Those aren't going anywhere.

If you want to try squonking without having to mortgage your house, there are a couple of cheap squonkers around. Smokeless Owl, Terminator, etc. There are some inexpensive VW squonkers too.

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
This seems to be the new hip mod. There's a $200 version of it with a DNA chip in it as well if you like to fiddle with electronic gadgets.
Reuleaux RX200 by Wismec 200W $39.95

The Aromamizer and TFV4 tanks are very popular, and the Velocity is a very popular RDA (available with a bottom feeder pin for squonking). I still use my Kayfun Lites too. Those aren't going anywhere.

If you want to try squonking without having to mortgage your house, there are a couple of cheap squonkers around. Smokeless Owl, Terminator, etc. There are some inexpensive VW squonkers too.

What is this squonking nonsense...:D

I should really change the title.

Reactions: CMD-Ky

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Your in for about 200 for a REO Grand.

Worth every penny. You can spend half that on other products, but no Joytech or any other inexpensive chinese device will even compare to a well built Kayfun provari combo. IMHO you will not out do your current $300 setup for 100.

Sell that provari and buy a Reo

You can get a Reo Grand clone for less than $30. Now if you want to run a 22mm atty you will need to grind down the top. But meh you have to do that with the authentic Grand anyway. An authentic REO that takes ANY BF able atty will cost you around $150.

But if you really want to go HIP. I guess your looking at a 200watt TC mod and some big mouth breathing atty, sio you can toss a .01 ohm coil into made of about a mile of wire, and convert a bottle of juice to Thunder clouds with every hit.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
But if you really want to go HIP. I guess your looking at a 200watt TC mod and some big mouth breathing atty, sio you can toss a .01 ohm coil into made of about a mile of wire, and convert a bottle of juice to Thunder clouds with every hit.

You mean like this?
velocity 1.jpg
velocity 2.jpg
velocity 3.jpg

24G Nichrome, 1/4" ID, 14 wraps each. It laughs at you if you try to hit it with less that 80 watts. Lol!

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Alright guys getting back into the game.

Haven't been on here for awhile and want to know whats the cool setup nowadays.

When I was active. Kayfun lites just hit the market and the brass Nemesis just came out (still have both and using it now).

I still have bunch of mechs that I plan to sell, probably not worth much anymore. But I seen a friend rock a new Joytech VV box mod that hits pretty well, so I'm thinking of one of those.

This time around NO MORE COLLECTING MODS. Just want a nice setup. I'll probably keep my provari, nemesis, and kayfuns but want to add a box mod.

Also whats the new and improve delivery systems?
For the Mod Wismec Rouleaux RX200 (3x 18650 TC Mod)
For a RTA TFV4
For a RDA Velocity or Velocity Mini both are great...

I'd recommend getting them all along with 3x LG HG2's :)

Reactions: chillaxing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread