• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What's the longest it has taken USPS to Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
I have ordered hardware a few times from the States and it usually takes a few days. The last time I ordered from this vendor it took 4 days, this time it will be 14 days tomorrow (June 27th). I know there is a lot of places for it to be backlogged or bottle necked. I also know it is out of the vendors hands or control once it is in the system.

The USPS tracking is virtually useless, since the last one that was delivered still shows only when it was originally sent on the tracking.

I'm just curious how 2 weeks measures up against the average and what the longest time has been.

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
I live in Regina (A.K.A. the Postal Black Hole)...if I get ANYTHING from the U.S. in less than 3 weeks, I am astounded, and more than a little suspicious...it just never happens. 3 1/2 to 4 weeks is very normal

Ya, Air Canada still has two of my suitcases floating around there as well!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
I saw a post from an American supplier that said he could ship to Australia quicker than Canada! Incredible!

It's nothing I am in a rush for and nothing juicy so, it is what it is. I know there are horror stories out there but if it's something you are chewing your nails over, it always seems like forever.

Thanks, everyone!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
crap X p3...are you low on juice?
I am in Ontario and could get you a little to tie you over?

No, my friend, it's just baubles. Thanks for the offer, though.

We should have a "juice 911" thread so we could help those with juice emergencies! LOL

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
A juice 911 thread is a good idea but the issue is that some people would take advantage of it :(

Sad, but true!

Those who can should form small support groups locally. I know there are many in your area.

He!! I could drive to Dartmouth in 2 hours! (I have gone farther for less, don't ask! I was a lot younger!) Lol

1kshooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have started something like that here ....all 9 of the people that I got to drop cigs and start vaping now that if there in a tough spot I am only a phone call away!....one just called and was having a juice crisis seams his taste buds are all screwed up and his juice was not working for him...he just left with a stardust full of menthol and a big smile!

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Hehehehe :D Yes there are a lot of folks in my area that are on welfare, so I frequently provide them with free or very cheap juice to help them through until they're able to order again. It feels really good to help people in your community in a way that you actually know is benefiting them positively. I highly suggest people do form local support groups, if they're able. Hell, even when I wasn't able and had little to no juice, I still did this. I just figured I'm no more important than they are, so why not?

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
I forgot to mention the time it took 3 months to get a another package from Gotvapes.
According to USPS my address in Canada did not exist. Well, after I kept bugging GV about where my stuff was they finally told me that the package was sent back to them and would reship. They asked to what address ,,,, I told the guy the same address as the previous 4 packages. It finally showed up 3 and 1/2 months later.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Depends if you go with firstclass or prioritymail international. Prioity mail is max 10days for me . But usually 9. Firstclassmail will take 2 weeks+. The tracking is not a tracking . It only tells you when it gets processed into the system after that dont expect to get updates. Hope that helps

Not necessarily. I have had Priority Mail take 2 weeks most of the time. I have also had First Class come in 4 days. I've personally found no distinct advantages to using Priority over First Class, just costs more. There is no rules with the postal service.

And yes, the tracking number to Canada is not a tracking number, merely a delivery confirmation number. It's only required to be scanned when it departs and when it arrives. And that doesn't always happen either.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Chelly and 1K, you guys are Pure Gold!!

It usually takes anywhere from 2 - 3 weeks to get anything in from the US via USPS regular international mail service.
However, I nearly #$^*&*%&& myself when I got a package from Gotvapes in a week. Unheard of.

When GotVapes shipped from NY, I had a parcel in 4 days! Now they ship from Texas, but something tells me it is not the US system that's the hold up.

Depends if you go with firstclass or prioritymail international. Prioity mail is max 10days for me . But usually 9. Firstclassmail will take 2 weeks+. The tracking is not a tracking . It only tells you when it gets processed into the system after that dont expect to get updates. Hope that helps

That's exactly what it tells me, Shipment Accepted, in Texas 13 June, 5:25 PM.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
That's exactly what it tells me, Shipment Accepted, in Texas 13 June, 5:25 PM.

Received 28 June, noon. The 15th day.

You guys are Great! Thanks for the info.

After all that wait there was a note inside that some items were out of stock! They credited it back to the CC. Like they couldn't e-mail that info! They wrote it on the invoice, beside the e-mail address. Not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread