Status
Not open for further replies.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
After going through 3 faulty Vmax's in less than two months, I've realized that in most circumstances the cheaper devices are a false economy.

I've decided to do what I should have done over a year ago and buy a ProVari, does anyone have a recommendation as to what the toughest finish is? I'm practically OCD when it comes to cosmetic blemishes on my devices.

By the sounds of things I will be using my ProVari for a long time to come and I don't want it to look like it's been to hell and back within 6 months.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My satin finish Provari has survived some scrapes and a couple of drops with very little noticeable affect. If I look really close, I can see a tiny scratch that has virtually no depth. That's because it's anodized stainless steel and not a painted finish. It rolled out of my car twice onto concrete. There are no chips, dents, or anything you'd see without a bright light and rolling it back and forth to detect the scratch. I'm looking at it under the light at the kitchen table and it took me a while to find the scratch. I can only see it when the gleam of the light reflects on it and it took rolling it around several times to detect it.

The one weak spot in a Provari is that the circuit board slides into two slots, one on each side, inside the tube. A drop of epoxy or silicone sealant holds the board in place. If you drop it, that bond gets broken and the switch requires bottoming out to actuate. That in itself is not a problem. You just notice that the switch button seems to go down almost even with the outside of the tube instead of stopping before it is flush like it did before. If you use a pencil with an eraser to clean the battery contact, you can detect slight side to side movement of the contact and the board its attached to. This doesn't affect the connection to the atomizer connector. It's connected with blue wires that plug into the socket. When the battery is installed, there is no lateral movement. It's only when it's out that you can detect a slight amount of play in the slide mount of the board.

This video covers the issue that I talked about with the circuit board mount. I was in the electronic repair business with a multi-national company as a tech rep for 36 years. The mount thing doesn't bother me at all. It's just something that could be addressed in a more permanent way using silicone sealer down the side of the entire board instead of a dot at the end.

I'd definitely buy mine again. I bought the additional year of warranty for $24.95 just in case. That covers anything that goes wrong with it for two years including the 1 year warranty that you get when you buy. $2 a month for the second year is a good investment, IMO, and I don't usually buy extended warranties on anything electronic.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Here is what my Over a Year Old Provari looks like.

provari_logo.jpg

http://www.farmerengineering.com/ECF/provari_logo.jpg

Not much different then the day I got it.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I have had the black satin for a few months now and the finish seems bullet proof. It is my everyday PV, I carry it in my pocket most of the time and have no visible scratches or blemishes. I dropped it on the driveway the other day from out of my truck, about a 4 foot drop, and there is a slight mark on the bottom cap but no chipping or anything. I think it cracked the driveway though.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:

Slurp812

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Northwest Ohio
I am easy on my equipment, so maybe I could get away with a vmax or similar, but I already have a satin silver V1 Provari with blue LED, and I love the thing. The bottom cap has many fine scratches because I always sit it upright on the cap. Other than that its very clean, and mostly new looking. Its about 8 months old...

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Finally ordered my ProVari (satin silver, blue display) last night from a website in Germany, it's coming with the extension cap, 2 x AW 18490's, 1 x AW 18650, a Provape 510 to Ego adapter, Pila charger and a 6ml DCT tank.

As a package and including the postage it's actually worked out $11 cheaper than it would have done with the postage from Provape.

The waiting game begins!

Thanks for the advice (the sleeves and holsters look good too) hopefully it'll be be here next week...

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Amazing...I love to see new stuff like this, what a great but simple idea that looks nice too. :). Thank you for sharing the link.
View attachment 122773 View attachment 122774 View attachment 122775 View attachment 122776

You might check out Serenity Gear leather sleeves and holsters custom made to your brand and model of APV. Variety of styles and colors for mini and regular Provari's, including lengths for extended caps. Cut outs for button and LED display. Affordable and highly crafted.

SerenityGear Leather

I use one for my Silver Bullet. Allows for a nice textured leather grip.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My ProVari finally arrived on Thursday.

A thing of beauty and worth every penny - weight, size, fit and function - perfect.
DSC_0286.jpg

Thanks for the advice, the finish feels bullet proof.

SWEET !!!

Isn't the Blue LED Cool?

I just got a Mini Provari with a Blue LED. LOVE IT.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
The Blue LED rocks, so does everything else!

It's just such a perfect device, kicking myself that I didn't get one right at the start although I don't know if I would have appreciated it then as much as I do now.

You're probably aware I went through a plethora of subpar PV's before I arrived at this point.
It's a device that's often imitated, never duplicated.

I've also managed to get on a list for the Kir Fanis "Prive" tank, it will look sprectacular on the ProVari!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The Blue LED rocks, so does everything else!

It's just such a perfect device, kicking myself that I didn't get one right at the start although I don't know if I would have appreciated it then as much as I do now.

My Excuse is that when I started Vaping, the Provari Didn't Exist.

But if it was, I sure comld have Saved a Bunch of Money if I had just got it First. New Vapers have it Good these days. I had to start wth a 510 because the eGo Didn't Exist Either.

LOL

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It amazes me that vaping ever caught on knowing that the "pioneers" had to put up with using 510's.
I thought my eGo was pretty spectacular at the start, with an LR atty it was almost a passable experience...

You have to remeber that a 510 with a Cart/Atty was Huge compared to Smoking Cigarettes.

Sure, the Battery Life Sucked and the Cart only Held 11 Drops. And e-Liquids came in about 6 Flavors.

But even with all that going against it, It was still better than Analogs. At least for me it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread