Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplepeeps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Syracuse, NY
I'm thrilled with all the purchases I've made so far and each has it's own purpose for me.

This is what I have:

ego twist 1100
2 innokin vv 3
2 MVP
Provari

Love the twist and vv3's for the car. MVP's for home or long trips
Provari stays home

I take very good care of my stuff so things tend to hold up well for me.

I would like a tube with vv/vw and have been eyeing the Lavatube. Have batteries and a charger for the Provari so I'm all set there.

Or, do I hang in there to see if Provari comes out with a vv/vw?

Checked out the Reo but I don't know if it's for me. The bottle thing throws me off.

I vape a ton so all my gear gets used and rotated.

If you were me, what would you get next?

Not into dripping or rebuilding things.

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
Do you have Nautilus tank...I heard they are pretty good since you're not into rebuilding..so a Kayfun or Taifun is out of the question.

You can always pick up used Provari 2.5, oh btw..for the price of Lavatube..you might as well fork over little more Siegeli 20 watter or wait for future 30 watter coming from China...or even better get on Disneyland line for Hanna Mod 30...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
After having both an MVP and a Provari, it seems the next step for something entirely different would be a Reo. They have a very loyal and enthusiastic following just like the MVP and Provari.

Essentually you get the full flavor of dripping on an atomizer with the convenience of a tank. Great for both home and on-the-go.

Reo.jpg bottom_feeding_box_mod.jpg

Last edited:

Purplepeeps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Syracuse, NY
I'd wait for the Chinese 30 watt mods to hit the shelves. Probably within the month.

You're talking to someone who hasn't vaped over 4.2v. No need for 30w here LOL

Thank you Baditude, do you have a Reo? With those, it's cartos right? See, I'm all hooked up with clearos with my other set-ups.
Pretty much, I need a back up for the Provari but want vv/vw.

Purplepeeps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Syracuse, NY
Do you have Nautilus tank...I heard they are pretty good since you're not into rebuilding..so a Kayfun or Taifun is out of the question.

You can always pick up used Provari 2.5, oh btw..for the price of Lavatube..you might as well fork over little more Siegeli 20 watter or wait for future 30 watter coming from China...or even better get on Disneyland line for Hanna Mod 30...

Have Provari, have appropriate tanks. Want vv/vw back-up.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thank you Baditude, do you have a Reo? With those, it's cartos right? See, I'm all hooked up with clearos with my other set-ups.

I don't have a Reo. I do have a bottom feeder box mod - a Vapage VMod-XL. A much cheaper bottom feeder than the Reo. Bottom feeder mods can use a drip atomizer, a cartomizer, and in the case of a Reo a rebuildable drip atomizer called the Reomizer. These are generally mechanical mods.

I'm a huge fan of voltage regulation mods, but I didn't miss variable voltage using the VMod.

VMod-XL.jpg VMod-XL from Vapage

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Hello! Had to pop in. I've been vaping for years now and I've spent enough time here on e-cigarette-forum to have earned a masters and PHD in vapology, too bad that isn't a thing yet. :p I'm with Baditude that you should definitely at least begin looking at the REO mod.

I have owned everything out there. I've owned and used genesis style mechanicals. I own and used a Provari for the majority of my years spent vaping. I have several mechanicals. Have a pipe style rig. Ego batteries. All I can tell you is that spending time here on ECF equates to you wanting, and acquiring, a lot of vape devices. You see things, and you wind up feeling you should get them for yourself.

I started researching vaping right around the time it became popular, around 7-8 years ago now. The ONLY things on the market for vaping were cigarette styled batteries and pipe styled batteries. I started on an all white 510 kit myself. I settled on the Provari as my main PV for the last 2 years or so. Loved the Provari more than everything else combined. Tried Genesis devices on it.. Though they were good, they took too long to rewick and coil for me. Tried clearos. They're great, but I didn't like buying more when I ran out. (I couldn't, I've been unemployed or self employed on a tiny income for the majority of the time I've been vaping...) Finally, I tried rebuildable dripping atomizers. Got my hands on a couple and a big spool of kanthal, some cotton yarn from Walmart.

I haven't looked back.

Dripping is where this vaping thing comes together for me. I can control how much juice I'm using per vape session, per hit. I enjoy rebuilding my own dripping atomizers and I love knowing I'll never run out of what I need to vape. My last clearo will never break. If something goes wrong, I can rebuild a RDA in 5 minutes.

I bought a Reo years ago, but it was a Reo Mini, it used 14500 batteries. I used it at home a bit, sure, but I could only take it out for short 1-2 hour trips to the store. I only had a few batteries for it and I could only vape it for a few hours. I sold that Mini, and I immediately bought a Reo Grand with the money I had received. Now... I literally haven't used my Provari in almost 2 months. All I use is nice, solid mechanicals and my Reo, with rebuildable dripping atomizers, my "A7s" have never failed me. In all honesty, I would literally be tempted to trade 90% of my collection for 1 more Reo Grand.

Do not get me wrong, Variable Voltage is great. You can up the voltage for various needs, down it for different needs. But vaping strait from a battery, with a LOW resistance, cannot be beat. Once you understand mechanical vaping and low resistance rebuilding, you've graduated. There is no need to go back. There is no need to use any regulated mod. You can "regulate" each hit with the time you spend pushing the button down. The Reo Grand, holds 6ml of juice on-board. Which means I can "drip" without having to take out the bottle every time the coil dries up. I just squonk the bottle and my Reo is wet and ready. It's a sturdy device and you can use a multitude of bottom fed RDAs atop it.

Trust me, if you have values in line with the value's and expectations I've listed above... & If you trust the experience of someone who's been vaping since the beginning, then you will at least consider the Reo line of mods.

Last edited:

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago

I've never vaped over 4.2 volts either. Not sure what that has to do with it. To each their own.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Yeah I was suprised when I got a REO that I really didn't need VV. It hits pretty hard.

I doubt I could do that on a non VV tube batt using clearos or something now. I recharge my batts at about 3.5 or 3.6 so I have never gotten a bad vape on the REO.

I hate read outs and screens (I don't need them, i can tell by the vape experience itself what I need to do, so readouts aren't telling me anything I need to know) but I guess some people enjoy playing around with readouts and screens and pressing buttons. I am not someone who likes to fiddle with things, so REO was the simplest vape for me after owning 40 other things.

Sometimes a tube mod is nice in the hand tough. I think it is all very psychological what you end up liking. Nobody is the same.

So just because I like something doesn't mean somebody else will.

If you like your Provari and it is a full size, maybe get a Mini Provari. :) Then you can take it out more.

Last edited:

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
I never cared about vaping outside of the provari range until I was interested in the Aqua, which is dual coil. Just takes too long to heat up on a provari and the vape wasn't great. this got me into mechanical mods so I could run dual coil at .8Ω.

After that, I wanted the vw that the DNA 30 boards could provide. I don't run 30 watts often, but when I do it's very nice. Not really necessary for most atomizers, but for drippers or dual coil RBAs its very nice

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
I never cared about vaping outside of the provari range until I was interested in the Aqua, which is dual coil. Just takes too long to heat up on a provari and the vape wasn't great. this got me into mechanical mods so I could run dual coil at .8Ω.

After that, I wanted the vw that the DNA 30 boards could provide. I don't run 30 watts often, but when I do it's very nice. Not really necessary for most atomizers, but for drippers or dual coil RBAs its very nice

She thanked your post and said something snotty to me. I love this board.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
She thanked your post and said something snotty to me. I love this board.
I could say something, but forum rules state attack the post and not the poster.

I'd wait for the Chinese 30 watt mods to hit the shelves. Probably within the month.
Purplepeeps said:
Didn't come across as snotty to me. She was merely telling you she wasn't interested in a high wattage mod, and then did add a LOL. How was this response "snotty"?
I've never vaped over 4.2 volts either. Not sure what that has to do with it. To each their own.
Curious, why suggest a high wattage mod in the first place if you've never vaped above 4.2 volts yourself? What was your point?

Last edited:

Purplepeeps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Syracuse, NY
Oh dear. I'm so sorry if I came across as being snotty. Really though, I don't need a super high wattage mod and was laughing thinking about myself, banging out big clouds.

Truthfully, I thought you assumed I was more advanced than I really am and that's why you recommended this new mod, coming out.

I didn't mean to make you feel bad but since I did, I'm sorrry. Can you forgive? Are we good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread