Status
Not open for further replies.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
More vapor, flavor, and TH. Can safely use low resistance atomizers and cartomizers. It's more about finding your "sweet spot". Most slim ecigs and fatter proprietary ecigs (ego/riva) don't provide enough of a kick for most of us. However, the ego's are better than the slims and I still use mine. mods are higher voltage and provide more of everything I stated...they aren't for everyone but they are for most of us.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Aesthetics, reliability, cost, performance, maintainability and fun.

Attachments

• 0 Altoids VV (88).jpg
    0 Altoids VV (88).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 0 Altoid PV.jpg
    0 Altoid PV.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Altoids VV (1).jpg
    Altoids VV (1).jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 48

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Sometimes just for the fun of it.
    I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to mod an old automatic 510, but Mad Vapes had a grundle of them at VapeFest. For 20 bucks I had to get one just for the novelty factor of it.
    As you can see, it's smaller than the TicTac box that I carry spare cartos in.
    Sometimes modding is just taking that old PV that died, and making it work again.
    P1000451.jpg

P1000452.jpg

Last edited:

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 29, 2009
    Lakeland, FL
    I agree with all the previous posts. Only things I would add are the cost savings when considering battery replacement and the amount of space that accessories take up. With egos, mini, etc. you have to replace the whole battery unit when they die. With mods, you keep the body and just replace the (generally inexpensive) battery itself.

As to space savings, I only carry a small clip on pouch with two spare batts, 3ml bottle of liquid, and a spare atty/driptip combo. The pouch is smaller than my mp3 player. Back when I used egos daily, I was carrying a pack with two spare ego batts, attys, and a bottle. It was three times the size and was not particularly comfortable to wear/carry.

Mods are just battery housings in general. Some have extra nifty features like variable voltage and whatnot. All they are is a way to custom pick the features or form factors that suit you.

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 3, 2011
    Prairie Canada
    So, to summarize..."Why mod?"
    * Use of non-proprietary batteries - giving increased life & vaping time
    * Variable voltage ability to better match personal preference with hardware specification
    * Ease of maintenance
    * Ease of customization
    * Wider availability of hardware (such as cartos, attys etc)
    * Greater e-liquid capacity (if using tank systems)
    * Lower life-ownership cost
    * Wider variety of aesthetic appeal (colors, form factors, materials etc)
    * Er...because YMMV and you like it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread