What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Yeah Burnie, that's the stuff and I read the warnings, including to wear gloves. There's no UV exposure as it's under the deck. I'm just looking for an excuse to wait until the weather warms up a bit as I'll probably fill from both the cellar and outside. At least that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Reactions: firechick

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
It was a nice quick internment for my uncle today. He wasn't a religious man so there was no minister, just a military squad of 4- a colonel two NCOs and a bugler who played taps. He earned his purple heart in Korea after he got hit with artillery shrapnel. It was kind of strange being there as two of the people that worked with me are buried in the same cemetery. I tried to find the grave of the gal who died about 18 years ago, soon after she turned 40, but no luck. I'm running out of family to bury so I'm getting to the top of the list.

It was pretty weird also since my uncle's stepson's (my cousin through marriage) son has brain cancer and was next to me at lunch. Having just dealt with a brain cancer death and finding out his wife's sister died two years ago of brain cancer, you start to wonder what's going on. Hopefully he'll do better than the other two. Enough morbidity.

• Optimistic
Reactions: gerrymi

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
It was a nice quick internment for my uncle today. He wasn't a religious man so there was no minister, just a military squad of 4- a colonel two NCOs and a bugler who played taps. He earned his purple heart in Korea after he got hit with artillery shrapnel. It was kind of strange being there as two of the people that worked with me are buried in the same cemetery. I tried to find the grave of the gal who died about 18 years ago, soon after she turned 40, but no luck. I'm running out of family to bury so I'm getting to the top of the list.

It was pretty weird also since my uncle's stepson's (my cousin through marriage) son has brain cancer and was next to me at lunch. Having just dealt with a brain cancer death and finding out his wife's sister died two years ago of brain cancer, you start to wonder what's going on. Hopefully he'll do better than the other two. Enough morbidity.
Sorry For Your Loss.

:nun: :nun: :nun: :nun: :nun: :nun: :nun:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The most I got up to was 1.5 packs a day. I could still really feel it though. My mom and dad both had copd and now my older brother has it. I’m sure I would be well on my way if it hadn’t been for snus and vaping.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    The most I got up to was 1.5 packs a day. I could still really feel it though. My mom and dad both had copd and now my older brother has it. I’m sure I would be well on my way if it hadn’t been for snus and vaping.
    I do have COPD, I have to take breathing medication daily, sucks, but it helps. I went to Snus to keep from inhaling anything I didn't need to. I still like vaping, but I am doing it a Lot less now that I use Snus.

• Winner

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I've probably said before that I really didn't feel the effects of smoking until they put the fire suppressant in the paper and then I was hacking up a storm. However, a lot of that might have been how active I was well into my 50s. Between, softball, volleyball, biking, skiing and such, I kept pretty fit.

• Useful

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Burnie, I’ve heard some people say that vg is hard for some people to use with breathing problems. Do you use much vg?
    I found that out several years ago. I was even having trouble with 50/50. I mix my own now and go no higher than 30% VG, normally 70/30, but some at 75/25. VG is not good if you have COPD, from my experience. One advantage of higher PG is more flavor. :)

• Informative

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    The fire suppressant was awful. I used to smoke Camel menthol, but with the fire suppressant my throat constantly felt raw and I'd occasionally cough little flecks of blood. I had to switch to Camel blues afterwards.

I'm the unlucky guy who has a PG sensitivity. I can tolerate around 5% PG, anything over I get little irritated bumps on my tongue/throat. I've been making my own juice so long that it's not really an issue now with alcohol/VG based flavorings, but most times I'm just using unflavored 100% VG with a 1-2mg nic.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I was lucky when the FSC showed up, for a couple reasons. First, I owned a house in VA so I'd go down there and "smuggle" months of supply back home that were FSC free for almost a year. Then they adopted the fire suppressant which convinced me to try e cigs. I was coughing badly, it went away with those VA smokes and came back when they changed and it got me finally to the point that I wanted to get off cigarettes. So as much as I disliked FSC, it actually turned out to be a benefit. Even those first 6 months when I was dual using, within two weeks of only the occasional cigarette, about 6 a day, the coughing had disappeared which was very encouraging.

Users who are viewing this thread