What's with people buying multiple tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
*preface: I'm by far not hating on anybody, I know everyone has their own flow to their go and everyone does things differently...that's ok by me.*
I know alot of people have ALOT of mods and batteries to put their tanks on, but what's with this trend of buying "disposable" tanks to just throw away? :?:Maybe my momma taught me right, and how to pinch a penny, but it just sounds plain wasteful to me. By all means if your rolling in it, by a few protanks to put in the garbage, but I'm (not to toot my own horn) in the middle-wealthy tax-category and am MORE than comfortable with my finances (all hard earned by me too) but that doesn't mean I blow my nose with my bills lol.

I only am bringing this up to find out why people do it really, for convenience, for filling up tanks with different flavors ahead of time, or just because why not? I'm able to buy a big box full of aspire nautilus's (favorite glasso) with every paycheck but I certainly don't lol. I personally have 1 tank that I researched and chose to be my favorite per battery,mod I have open. And when that pre-made coil burns out I buy a replacement coil, and change it out preferably I'd rebuild the coil if possible and put my own wick in it. If the tank gets dirty, or crudded up in anyway I clean it out and re-use it until something actually breaks. Again I'm not hating on the people that buy a handful of tanks just to have as disposables, as they are fairly cheap at around 15.00 per, but the vape quality doesn't go down if you put a little elbow grease in and actually fix the problem.

-Maybe I'm wierd but I don't buy a new car if it needs an oil change :p

*Edit: I do understand having variety of flavors, believe me I have quite the library now, AND the convenience of having it pre-filled/ready to go, and even just to give your mod/battery a partner. Hell I have ten different tanks myself, some in duplicates for going to work/getting impatient with a flavor. I solely mean those that buy tanks to use like toilet paper, they use it til the atty blows/gets dirty, then trash it and throw it away, and I have seen ALOT of people bragging about this.
View attachment 315460

Last edited:

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I have 3 different tanks going right now (Nautilus, carto tank, Davide mini) plus an RDA. I like different flavors throughout the day or I get vapors tongue. I certainly don't throw them away! and re-coil what I can.
I've thrown away the more disposable ones like evods and iClear 16's but after they've been well used...I just don't even use them anymore anyway.

Killaq2188

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
United States
Currently I am running multiple tanks at different ohms and each tank has a different juice in it. Mainly because I like to hae a veriety of flavors throughout the day. As well as vape strengths. Like in my kf3.1 i run my ad vape but i tend to get vapors tongue fairly quickly due to sucking down 15+ml of juice a day lol. But its nice to just grab a different tank or mod and start vaping rather than vape through the rest of a tank that has a juice that doesnt sit well.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
I've only bought inexpensive tanks, the Evod clearomizers, that cost about $5 on sale. The coils for them are also inexpensive. I soak the coils after about a week of use, let them dry, and then reuse them in my Evods for a while longer. I absolutely would not dispose of a tank, unless it was not working right.

I've had very good performance with my Evods, good vapor and flavor, and I have several of them. I like having several tanks filled with different juices, so I can rotate them throughout the day. I'm retired and home quite a bit, and find it fun to "change it up" with my flavors.

I know there are other tanks out there that cost a whole bunch of money, that people are very loyal to, and that they like using. That is A-okay with me. Whatever works for folks is what they should have, if that's what they like and they can afford to buy it.:)

Butters80

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Boise, ID
Couldn't imagine just throwing out a $15 tank just because I'm ready to move on. I'd gift it to someone with extra atty heads. I'm really digging rba tanks because IMO they are a better vape and I can rebuild just as easy as a vivi nova head. I still keep some nova tanks going for in my pocket at work though. They get cleaned, heads get soaked in vodka once a week or as needed.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
I have a bunch of tanks because:

a) I wanted to find out what the differences are and try all the different styles
b) I like to change flavors often
c) I've gotten lots of other people to at least try vaping, and need something to give them
d) My daughter steals heads from me all the time
e) I like to build up a backlog before I go on a cleaning and/or rebuilding spree
f) Buying vaping stuff helps curb the urge to smoke
g) FastTech
h) Fear of the Vapocalypse

There's probably a couple more reasons; let me ask my shrink.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
The oil can be changed?!? Kidding of course. I think some like to collect and some like to have several flavors running at once. I typically have two carto tanks loaded and ready for battle. I am somewhat boring though.

Lol I hear ya, believe me I like to collect myself I'm guilty of that, you know the grass is always greener deep down. I do the same thing, I have two aspire et-s's usually ready to go with different flavors too :D, but I certainly don't just throw them out once they give me a problem.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Couldn't imagine just throwing out a $15 tank just because I'm ready to move on. I'd gift it to someone with extra atty heads. I'm really digging rba tanks because IMO they are a better vape and I can rebuild just as easy as a vivi nova head. I still keep some nova tanks going for in my pocket at work though. They get cleaned, heads get soaked in vodka once a week or as needed.

That's a good solution, I'm waiting on my first RBA myself, I'm excited to use a rebuildable that I can make the coils on and refills itself :). Nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion having multiple tanks for convenience, but I don't necessarily agree with those who use them like I do atty heads.

-I agree though, If I was a bill gates or a drug lord I'd at least clean them up and give them to my servants :p

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I have a bunch of tanks because:

a) I wanted to find out what the differences are and try all the different styles
b) I like to change flavors often
c) I've gotten lots of other people to at least try vaping, and need something to give them
d) My daughter steals heads from me all the time
e) I like to build up a backlog before I go on a cleaning and/or rebuilding spree
f) Buying vaping stuff helps curb the urge to smoke
g) FastTech
h) Fear of the Vapocalypse

There's probably a couple more reasons; let me ask my shrink.

Agreed, agreed, and agreed (especially with A,C,F,G and H). I'm guilty of fasttech abuse myself lol, as long as they all have a good purpose (like the ones you use them for) and your not using them like toilet paper I don't see a problem whatsoever. Good post lmao, I hadn't even thought of the vapocalypse! :ohmy:

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I have 5 clearos filled with different juices that I vape throughout the day. I have 5 empty ones at the moment waiting for my new juices that are in the mail ;) I got two glass tanks coming for tank cracker juices I bought. Bottom line is variety. I think many people like to vape different juices throughout the day.

That's the biggest justifying reason in my opinion, that and whatever keeps you distracted from buying tobacco is fine with me. Even if you do trash'em when they stop working. Believe me I don't misunderstand those that have a flavor library :D

Porkchop081

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
Laurinburg,NC
I have seven carto tanks and a couple of protanks. I keep the carto tanks filled with different flavors and when Im not using them they go in a pill bottle and the bottle of goes on top. The protanks I clean after each tankful.
I like this idea of storing them in a pill bottle, will have to look into that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread