What's with the soap taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harley Girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ohio
OK, so my first order from VaporBomb.... I previously loved fire & ice from another supplier, and with all the rave reviews for VBs fire & ice I figured I couldn't go wrong, so ordered 2 30ml bottles. Great as all the reviews stated. I haven't tried the Cinnabomb yet, but I'm sure it will be good as well.

Now for the soap - Thought I would try a few other flavors since I was ordering anyway. Went with more that got great reviews. So far, the green apple and watermelon have a terrible soap taste. I let it steep for 2 weeks now, no better. Not only is it bad, I can't get the soap taste out of my tank or atty. I'm to the point I'm afraid to try the other flavors I ordered (new melon and buttery nipple). Pretty disappointed.

Harley Girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ohio
I don't use cartomizers. I have an ego-c, which uses a tank and atomizer. And yes, both of those were clean and not carrying over another juice flavor.... until now, I can't get rid of that soap taste. There are a lot of people that say they love the green apple (and watermelon, too), so I'm not sure why the ones I received taste so bad.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
I wish I could help you. I have gotten green apple only once about a year ago and I recall that it was awesome right off the bat and tasted like a jolly rancher. Two weeks seems to be the standard amount of time to steep a juice, but some folks go for a month or more. I have not tried watermelon, so I can't comment on that one.

There are some tricks for steeping juice quickly that I read about on the DIY forum a while ago. One said to put the bottle in a bowl of hot water for 20 minutes, give or take (the label will probably come off)

Another one that really seemed to be successful was to add a couple drops of a juice that has fully steeped and leave it overnight. I have no idea how it works, but I used this method on my husband's Monster flavor juice. The color had deepened by the next day and the flavor was definitely better. He likes it, but says it's still not quite right and it's been a month or so. I think it's perfect. He either doesn't really remember the taste of the last bottle he got or his taste has changed, which can happen.

If you do this, it seems to be best to choose a juice that isn't clear. I have no idea why. Just make sure it's a flavor that isn't too potent. Like, I wouldn't use cinnabomb or blueberry waffle. A couple drops of a menthol wouldn't be overpowering and wouldn't change the flavor, in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread