What's wrong here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_royall

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas TX
Hey forum!

I've been vaping for 2 straight days now- haven't had an analog since Tuesday afternoon!

I bought the Janty Kissbox. One thing I've noticed is that I end up having to constantly smoke it like a cigar. In other words, with the automatic switch on, I have to always puff puff, and then take a drag. Otherwise, I don't really get any vapor. With the manual switch on, the device doesn't seem to work that well. It did at first, but since then, not really. I'll press it, and not really get any vapor.

So what am I doing wrong here? Am I drowning the atomiser? Not giving it enough? Seems like I've tried all different scenarios, with fresh batteries all, with two different atomisers, and the vapor production is just inconsistent. I've dripped a few drops into the carts, tried it, same thing. Then I'll take the cart out and try to dry smoke it for a sec, same thing. I'm sure it's just a newb mistake I'm making, but any advice would be great.

Thanks,
JR

Ludo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2008
China
www.janty.com
Hi j_royall, check if you have a closed or open atomizer... if it is an open one then liquid might have clogged the contact inside, if it is a closed one and it didn't work well from the beginning then something else might be wrong inside the switch.

if any problems e-mail jeff@jantyusa.com for USA or dispatch@jantyshop.com for Europe

Ludo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2008
China
www.janty.com
look at the side of the manual switch which screws into the battery, if it is closed and has no hole then you have a recent type switch. These new switches should be working fine... when you push the button and you keep the cig next to your ear, you should hear the sound of the atomizer. Make sure you connect switch and atomizer and battery firmly...

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I don't find it easy to get consistency from a Kissbox. Some cartridges work well but loads do not, they stop wicking onto the atomiser after a few draws. I usually drip directly onto the atomiser now, this gives good results once you get the hang of it. Keeping the atomiser wet enough but not flooded takes a bit of skill but once you've sorted technique it is a great vape.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
pew pew pew

ha

You're getting slow old man ;)

Well, I am Victoria's oldest secret, so I must be pretty old ;)

And I'll see the 2 of you in the OK corral!

Jez! He asked me:p

better bring the big guns soot, you're in for a wholloping (not even sure if thats a word, but it sounds damn good) ...

j_royall

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas TX
I actually just ordered 2 sample bottles of Johnson's Creek yesterday, because I like the whole "made in the USA instead of China" thing. Whether or not that makes me a sucker remains to be seen!

Kate, when dripping directly onto the atomizer, how many drops of the juice do you guys tend to put on there. I just tried it with 2 drops, and it stopped vaping before I was ready for it to stop! That being said, I don't want to flood the thing, making it unrecoverable.

j_royall

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas TX
Now I just have to learn to distinguish between a fizzle and a gurgle! I guess a fizzle is what my jokes sound like, while a gurgle is what my stomache usually sounds like.

I'm definitely interested in trying some juice other than Janty's. I guess i'll go order 2 more atomizers right now so that I don't feel so worried about ruining the 2 that I already have.

Everyone making those cowboy jokes- watch out- you're talking to a real, live Texan here! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread