The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Whats you xHaler set up?

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by Trox.Shawn, Nov 17, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Trox.Shawn

Trox.Shawn Super Member ECF Veteran

What is everyone's favorite xHaler set up? I am curious as I have tried the 801, 901, 510, and Kr808d-1.

Current Set up:
    5.0v set up
    801 atomizer tip with 510 adapter, and an altsmoke.com 510 -> Kr808d-1 adapter (I know, I know adapter central, but I thought it was a 510 tip not adapter but it works, and doesn't look bad at all.)
    Kr808d-1 Cartomizer filled with HV Drewbacco juice

I have not been able to spend much time trying them all, but so far this set it is rocking my world. I have to thank Drew for showing me how incredibly amazing 5v vaping is.

Also on a side note as some have seen I was attempting to get my girlfriend to switch to the wonderful world of PV's and although she was mad at me spending the money on the xHaler she "borrowed" it with the 901 atomizer loaded with pear lung juice while I was in the shower. Slowly but surely she'll be converted, and that Drew is by far the greatest feat.

2. Serenna

Serenna Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2009
    I'm using the 510 adapter now, but I was surprised to discover my kr808d cartos fit the 901 adapter. I thought there was a separate kr808d adapter. I'm using Drew's Virginia and just the 3.7 because the 5 about chocked me to death...obviously puffed too hard. The taste on the 3.7 is better then anything though:)

3. Trox.Shawn

I just hooked a Kr808 directly to the 901 tip, and it works! although the draw is really tight, but on the plus side I like a harder draw.

Also I'm not sure if I really am getting 5v or 6v as it seems the same with or without the back plastic cap

4. WonderfulMe

WonderfulMe Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2009
    Northern California
    I'm trying the 5v on the 901 right now, but I think I prefer the 3.7volt. 510 and 901 are my faves, maybe I'll like the 801 better when I get some carts.

I'm trying just about every flavor I have because they are so much more distinct, especially the hv flavors I liked but thought were kind of weak. I like to chain vape, and I can't on the 5 volt. I'll save the 5 volt for in between classes and other times when I can't chain vape. I also get a lot more vapor on 3.7 volts than 5, am I doing something wrong?

5. Up In Vapor

Up In Vapor Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    LOL, Serenna...and that is lesson #1 for higher voltage vaping...TAKE SHORTER DRAGS!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I've gotten adjusted to higher voltage and prefer the ease in which it fills my lungs. Trying to take a BIG drag off a std e-cig was starting to hurt my lung muscles:D

I'm using my 510 (broken-in) attys @ 5 volts and the flavor/vapor/throat hit are in perfect harmony:hubba:

I am definitely planning to give the rest of the attys a go, but lack the carts/cartos to do so right now. I've read a lot of opinions that the 801 atty is the HV champ, so I hope to find out soon.

Drew, I've got another compliment from an innocent 3rd party for ya: My 8 yr old daughter says my XH is "beautiful." And there you have it ;)

6. Up In Vapor

Up In Vapor Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Yeah, I was kinda wondering too. It's not real clear about how FAR to loosen the bottom cap. Are we talkin about a 1/4 twist, 1/2, till it's about to fall off??? I'm just not sure how to tell without my voltmeter which as it turns out is now lost8-o Hopefully someone will clarify this point before long.

7. youtubecommercial

youtubecommercial Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Florida
    I like the 5V 510 or 801 and cartos but love the 5V :)

8. SolidZeller

SolidZeller Full Member

Nov 3, 2009
    I'm enjoying the 801 at 5-6V with HV Black Raspberries and Cream... though I just mixed a little GreenTea Lung into it and hmm Creamy Raspberry Green Tea.... nomnomnom

9. SKYYcamel

SKYYcamel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    I just tried the 901 cap with the KR808 adaptor from Vapor Country at 5V. All I can say is...................HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF NEW JERSEY!!!!!! I slapped on a coffee carto I got from Drew and it is amazing!!! This carto had mediocre vapor and taste on a regular battery. Now it vapes like nothing I've ever seen. I am so impressed with my Xhaler. It's a little longer than my Lil Chuck, but much lighter. Thank you Drew for a great product. Now I'm going back to the clouds. :hubba:

10. sstambo

sstambo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    I am using a 901@ 5v. At least I think I'm at 5v (2x 3v.,the cap is screwed down) Really AWESOME!! Totally satisfied!! 2-3 vapes, clouds of vapor almost effortless draw!!:w00t::w00t::hubba::hubba:

I am going to try 3.7 volts later. I don't know if I even care to try the 6,7volts as I am skeered to kill my atty. Plus I don't care for drippin' as yet. I bought my xhaler to be more conveinent for me as I am going on a big camping/fishing trip soon.

11. sstambo

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    2-3 vapes second, clouds of vapor almost effortless draw!!

12. Cobra

Cobra Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    St Louis, MO
    Right now I am really diggin my 501 atty (using a brokin in one) at 5V. The TH and flavor seem balanced. I tried the 801 atty and definately like it better at 6v. The th is not as good as the 501 one but the flavor is MUCH better than the 501 @ 6v. Really haven't got a chance to play with the 901 yet (I have quite a few 901 attys too).

Being my first mod the one thing I learned yesterday is do not vape 24mg juice straight oon this thing unless you want to be knocked on you butt! I cut a couple of my flavors 50/50 last night with glycerine (so in essence makes it 12mg juice) and the vapor is monstrous and the flavor is still good. Much better then on my old Joye 510.
    I have been dripping the Xhaler as I just starting using the "Slug" cart mod and haven't been able to get it to wotk great on the Xhaler yet (I was exclusively a dripper before the Xhaler).

As far as the bottom cap goes, if you look in there you will see a little metal lead in the indention. I am assuming this is a resisitor lead. I think it is making contact with the allen screw in the bottom of the Xhaler and that is what changes the voltage from 5V to 6V. When using the 510 atty I can definately tell a difference between 5 and 6. The vapor is about the same buit the TH on the 5V is much stronger and burnt tasting at 6V.

13. Promise

Promise Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2009
    Sin City
    Ive been running HV Drewbacco, Cherry Coke and Raspberries and cream at 5v on my broken in 510. And I've been loving it.

I did try 24mg Virginia tobacco and I swear I saw through time...I liked it :evil:

14. sstambo

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    LOL, I guess I need to try that one then:thumb:

15. eclypse

eclypse Moved On

Sep 9, 2009
    Macomb MI
    :) Please share your experiances or troubles with "The Slug" over at the thread. Blue Foam PLUG! UPDATED v2.0 "THE SLUG" - The Search is over!

I've been using the original plug v1 and have no probs using many different juices from nhaler. Its pretty effortless now with the thick juice. My plug size is a hair wider then 1/4 wide and about 7 16ths long. Just fill the cart "Above the inner lip" and insert the plug flat and add another 2-3 drops on top and go. Personally i would'nt do version 2.0 The slug with high voltage as the foam is closer to the coil and may burn.. but if you do try it and get a burnt plastic taste stop using it and go back to version 1.

If you look at the last page 26 i believe, you'll find pics of a cut open atty and cart. It shows exactly how the cart and atty meet up and how good of contact the plug makes with the atty bridge.

I'm praying that my wife will let me buy a Xhaler today when and if drew restocks the $160 kit. All thats left for me is to try this mod with 5volts! :)

16. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Does anyone know for sure that they are running at 5v and not 6v? I don't think the end cap is doing anything on mine. I checked the voltage and it does not change when I turn the cap tight or loose.

17. Trox.Shawn

yeah I'm pretty sure mine is 6v only no matter how I have the cap it hits the same. Don't get me wrong I like the hit but purchased the xhaler over the other for it's 5v option without a resister

18. mcl5000

mcl5000 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    I have a feeling a lot of people purchased this to use at 5v, so that wouldn't be good if 5v didn't work properly.

19. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I have taken resistance and voltage readings and do not see where the cap is doing anything.

20. hondo

hondo Moved On

Nov 8, 2009
    West Coast
    I've tried the different atty's at different volts and right now i am using the 3.7 battery with the 901 atty with Drews HV 555 i think this combo will be my all day vape.
    Evenings will probably go with the 5 volt and drip with the 801 atty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.