What's your favorite bf atomizer for flavor???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    Either it's my imagination or both bf mods and atomizers have been coming out much faster than Ive ever seen.
    I ordered an armor 1.0,nextera,Hussar,almost went with Pulse 22 but wasn't sure if the 24mm might be better for flavor.I almost ordered an Odin bf rda but I couldn't find an Odin 2 or any Odin with ceracote finish.Sent lokilabs an email and no answer.
    I also have a Chalice 4 coming.

I have velocity 2,Nalu,Hadaly,no pain,Speed Revolution tootle puffer,and a few more.

I am highly considering a BF rda by Catfish Atty mods but I don't know if the stumpy or the thump would be more for flavor.
    I'm a flavor chaser and I tried cloud chasing but cloud chasing wasn't for me,plus it eats through liquid fast.
    If there any bf rda that are known for high flavor please post its name.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Heartsdelight

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi Robbert,
    It's all down to what you like.
    I picked up a few CAM MantaV2s a few years ago and have found MY nirvana.
    Easy single coils at 2.5mm, a restricted DTL draw and virtually leak proof/over squonk proof. (top air)

Considering your list, select one or two units and "Master" them. Any RDA can give a good vape...you just have to find the build (Wire/wicking/power/airflow) that works best for you.

Cheers
    I

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    Mound - Minnesota, USA
    I agree with Izan, it all comes down to what you like. Currently I am running a Pulse 22 and Gorge (I have 2 of each). I prefer both with a single coil build (as the both are single coil RDAs) between .3 to .5 ohms.

I run the Pulse 22 on a regulated squonker (VT Inbox) as I have found the flavor is much better then on a mech. The Gorge I run on mech squonkers.

The Pulse, you have to get the build at the right height or it does not preform very well, but the Gorge is pretty forgiving.

Both are more of a Direct Lung device and not very good for Mouth to Lung as this is what I prefer.

Also in my collection that I like and use on and off are (All produce good flavor for me) -
    Hadaly
    No Toy
    OL16
    IAI v2
    Split
    tsunami 24
    Maze v3

Others that I did not care for and sit in a box
    Stock RDA from the Coppervape (don't know the name)
    Stock RDA from the Wraith (don't know the name)

It really comes down to what type of vape you like. If you have an RDA that you love, but it is not BF, you may want to check out Catfish's thread as he may be able to convert it or sell you a converted RDA to you

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Either it's my imagination or both bf mods and atomizers have been coming out much faster than Ive ever seen.
    Yep, more people have finally caught on to the fact that squonking is obviously the best way to vape. Not sure why it took so long.

But "the best atty for flavor" will vary tremendously with someone's vaping style. MTL? DTL? Simple coils or fancy? Single or dual? Regulated mod or not? Temp control? An atty one person loves, the next person may be very "meh" about.

As a general rule, flavor will be best with the smallest atty that's compatible with your vaping style and builds. Specifically, the least amount of dead space (volume) in the chamber.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    As an MTL Reo user, for flavor I like the venerable RM2 drilled out and one that gets little play, the Odis 16 (as distinct from the Origen 16). Both are single coil, small chambered, and, like me, they are rather simple.

Yep, more people have finally caught on to the fact that squonking is obviously the best way to vape. Not sure why it took so long.

But "the best atty for flavor" will vary tremendously with someone's vaping style. MTL? DTL? Simple coils or fancy? Single or dual? Regulated mod or not? Temp control? An atty one person loves, the next person may be very "meh" about.

As a general rule, flavor will be best with the smallest atty that's compatible with your vaping style and builds. Specifically, the least amount of dead space (volume) in the chamber.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2013
    Downtown Charleston, SC
    My best flavor BF is the Chalice3. .....

Fwiw.. smaller always make better flavor... so if an atty is 22mm or 24mm.. the 22 version should make best flavor...... but the bigger one may make more.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    If you like the Chalice III, you'll love version 4

l5sO2CM.jpg

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    I've been very tempted...I love Mark Bugs stuff... I never cared for the Chalice lll though. I liked the Charm...

Plus, Everything is better on a BAM! Very nice, Bob!:thumbs:

Last edited:
    Reactions: BobC

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    Hi Robbert,
    It's all down to what you like.
    I picked up a few CAM MantaV2s a few years ago and have found MY nirvana.
    Easy single coils at 2.5mm, a restricted DTL draw and virtually leak proof/over squonk proof. (top air)

Considering your list, select one or two units and "Master" them. Any RDA can give a good vape...you just have to find the build (Wire/wicking/power/airflow) that works best for you.

Cheers
    I
    Great idea.
    So try

glasseye

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    NJ
    Narda, O little 16, and a couple of the 14mm attys like Unlimited and Speed. Basically I've been looking for reduced chambers and/or reduced caps on the 22mm bf attys. To me, that equals flavor in most cases.

One I just got from 3F, the Phoenix Resurrection V2 style is a winner so far. Comes with 2 (proprietary, screw-on) caps, the one for single coil has the reducer built right in it. 3 AF slots, good for strong MTL or pretty restricted L. And it looks schmexy.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Uhm... They are completely different.

The III has a very tight draw, too tight even for me at this point, and I'm strictly MTl (and yes, that 'l' is lower case for a reason). The III also has an itty-bitty deck with barely any room for wick ends to touch the deck. 20 watts is really pushing the limits of a III and it's really more comfortable at 10-15.

The IV has a much more open draw. Yes, you can close it down fairly tight, but IMO, it doesn't vape well that way. This is an atty that wants considerably more power and airflow, more than I want to deal with.

For me, the III is too little and the IV is too much. I used to love the III. Although I had high hopes for it, I do not love the IV.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I ordered an armor 1.0,nextera,Hussar,almost went with Pulse 22 but wasn't sure if the 24mm might be better for flavor.I almost ordered an Odin bf rda but I couldn't find an Odin 2 or any Odin with ceracote finish.Sent lokilabs an email and no answer.
    I also have a Chalice 4 coming.

I have velocity 2,Nalu,Hadaly,no pain,Speed Revolution tootle puffer,and a few more.

I am highly considering a BF rda by Catfish Atty mods but I don't know if the stumpy or the thump would be more for flavor.
    I'm a flavor chaser and I tried cloud chasing but cloud chasing wasn't for me,plus it eats through liquid fast.
    If there any bf rda that are known for high flavor please post its name.

Top of my Flavor List.

The NarDa.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread