What's your favorite bottom feeder atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I like big th so I use an empire mods 510 but my bottom feeder is an unregulated vmod, so I don't want to go above 3.7. I do like the shifu vapage 1.5 ohm atty but I have the feeling I can get better flavor and th for another atty. the flavor and th are both okay but just trying to see what else is out there for A) flavor and B) TH for bottom fed attys

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
right on. thanks for weighing in. im glad to hear that that ikenvape i06 works on bottom feeders. i want to purchase some anyway to this would be a nice bonus. do any ohter ikenvape attys work on bottom feeders that you know of? (maybe thats a silly question, maybe most attys work on bottom feeders/vomds- thats what i have). i asked iken on wednesdnay but they must be slammed.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I have three different feeders on my desk and they each have a different atty. - My VVPV (I realize the question is bottom feeder specific and the vvpv is a top feeder) has an hh.357 on it. My REO Mini has a 1.8 ohm 306. And, my REO VVW has a 2.5 ohm i06.

I chose a 1.8 ohm 306 for my Mini as a good balance of performance vs battery life. - The mini is an unregulated 14500 mod, so battery life has to be considered. Standard resistance attys on 3.7v unregulated mods just doesn't quite cut it for me - and 2.0 ohm is still not quite warm enough... but 1.5 ohm drains the battery too fast. So, 1.8 ohm it is and that's good enough for a single battery swap per work day. - there's something really satisfying about the nice warm vapor from a good 306.

The hh.357 is my favorite atty but I tend to flood it blind squonking my REOs - the i06 is a close second for flavor and vapor production and much more forgiving to being a little over fed occasionally. So, I settled in to 2.5 ohm i06's for my REO VVW. They give me pretty good flexibility for voltage adjustments and they perform very well. - I will say that I've experienced some QC issues with the i06 since I've been using them. Some of them have been pretty far off the advertized ohms (I won't buy them for a non-VV device because of that) and a few of them have come with such a tight draw that they were unusable without modification (not a really big deal - just takes about a minute to hog out the air holes with a drill bit).

the hh.357... Well. If I spent more time at my desk or on my sofa, I'd probably be happy with the hh.357 on my bottom feeders. As I mentioned leading the previous paragraph, I tend to over feed the hh.357. Using the visual method of squonking, I can feed an hh.357 perfectly every time, but when I'm driving or doing anything else that requires my attention, I blind squonk and have just never gotten a good feel for blind squonking the hh. It can and will spit lava-hot e-juice in to your mouth if it's over fed. -- The hh.357 is excellent under any and all other circumstances, though, such as dripping or on the top feeder I mentioned - or if you use the visual method of squonking.

I've used quite a few other attys along the way. There are probably a few that should deserve some honorable mention, but the three I mentioned above are what I'm most likely to use on my feeders.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
right on, six. i appreciate you weighing in on this. when you refer to 306 attys, are you referring to the Ikenvape ones?

I have three different feeders on my desk and they each have a different atty. - My VVPV (I realize the question is bottom feeder specific and the vvpv is a top feeder) has an hh.357 on it. My REO Mini has a 1.8 ohm 306. And, my REO VVW has a 2.5 ohm i06.

I chose a 1.8 ohm 306 for my Mini as a good balance of performance vs battery life. - The mini is an unregulated 14500 mod, so battery life has to be considered. Standard resistance attys on 3.7v unregulated mods just doesn't quite cut it for me - and 2.0 ohm is still not quite warm enough... but 1.5 ohm drains the battery too fast. So, 1.8 ohm it is and that's good enough for a single battery swap per work day. - there's something really satisfying about the nice warm vapor from a good 306.

The hh.357 is my favorite atty but I tend to flood it blind squonking my REOs - the i06 is a close second for flavor and vapor production and much more forgiving to being a little over fed occasionally. So, I settled in to 2.5 ohm i06's for my REO VVW. They give me pretty good flexibility for voltage adjustments and they perform very well. - I will say that I've experienced some QC issues with the i06 since I've been using them. Some of them have been pretty far off the advertized ohms (I won't buy them for a non-VV device because of that) and a few of them have come with such a tight draw that they were unusable without modification (not a really big deal - just takes about a minute to hog out the air holes with a drill bit).

the hh.357... Well. If I spent more time at my desk or on my sofa, I'd probably be happy with the hh.357 on my bottom feeders. As I mentioned leading the previous paragraph, I tend to over feed the hh.357. Using the visual method of squonking, I can feed an hh.357 perfectly every time, but when I'm driving or doing anything else that requires my attention, I blind squonk and have just never gotten a good feel for blind squonking the hh. It can and will spit lava-hot e-juice in to your mouth if it's over fed. -- The hh.357 is excellent under any and all other circumstances, though, such as dripping or on the top feeder I mentioned - or if you use the visual method of squonking.

I've used quite a few other attys along the way. There are probably a few that should deserve some honorable mention, but the three I mentioned above are what I'm most likely to use on my feeders.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
right on, six. i appreciate you weighing in on this. when you refer to 306 attys, are you referring to the Ikenvape ones?

I'm pretty fond of Cisco's 306's (mostly because they ship without primer and I don't have to clean out primer before first use), but I also think the bauway 306's are really good (even though I have to clean out primer), and the bauway atys can be found for cheap. I think the last ones I goto were about 6 bucks each. I haven't tried Ikens 306. The only thing I get from Ikenvape is the i06 (also get them from carolinavapes sometimes).

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
+ 1 on Avid vapors Cisco 306. I use the 306s and vapage hybrid 1.5 and 2.0 ohms on my reos and Boggers. I get a little stronger TH and heat (which I prefer) from the 1.5 306 than the vapage 1.5 but the flavor on the vapage seems a little better. I have 10 i06s sitting in my vape box right now and out of the ten I've used only 4. All 4 of them I used had an extremely tight draw on all my devices. The flavor was there but the pull to get the vapor I like was not to my liking so I opted to continue using the ciscos and vapage attys. I most likely got a bad batch from iken and will revisit them but for now I'm happy.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
+2 for Avid Cisco spec LR306's!!! It is the atty I keep going back to and the vaping standard I try to match or outdo. To this point the new Vapage slant coils are the only thing close, but not as consistent... I too delved into the Iken atty's and the draw was all screwed up on them. They are trying to work that out over there. That is what happens when you get an atty that everyone likes and you go changing vendors to save a few bucks... Maybe one day they will get it figured out, but for me it will always be a Cisco spec 306 on my APV's....

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i couldnt resist the beauway 306 from nature vaper. it was $3.99. i feel like this may give me an idea of what a 306 is all about. i still plan to get some iken attys, like the 510 and 306, but mayeb i'll hang on until they get the bugs worked out.

glad to hear so much good news about the Avid 306s. i can see myself jumping into these. do you guys debridge them or use as-is?

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I fell in love with the bottomfeeder with my VmodXL. It wasn't all I wanted tho. I built a 18650 bottomfeeder with DNA 12 and slapped a A7 RBA on it. I haven't looked back yet...

Woah, that is awesome sounding. big batt, bottom feeding, DN freekin A 12 chip, AND the A7. hats off, Dougie. hats off.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Woah, that is awesome sounding. big batt, bottom feeding, DN freekin A 12 chip, AND the A7. hats off, Dougie. hats off.

Thank you. Since beginning, I've wanted low-cost, consistency, and reliability. I'm not all about different flavors all day. This is a viable crutch for not smoking. It doesn't need to be all froo-froo with Boba's Bounty and blueberries sprinkled on top. It just needs to be simple. My PV is highly thought out and works as I need it to whenever I want it to and all day long.

Pics can be seen here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-can-i-buy-mod-vw-bottom-feeder-dna-vid.html

Picsz are pre-A7, but I had a homemade RCA/CE2 RBA on it in the pics ;)

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Thank you. Since beginning, I've wanted low-cost, consistency, and reliability. I'm not all about different flavors all day. This is a viable crutch for not smoking. It doesn't need to be all froo-froo with Boba's Bounty and blueberries sprinkled on top. It just needs to be simple. My PV is highly thought out and works as I need it to whenever I want it to and all day long.

Pics can be seen here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-can-i-buy-mod-vw-bottom-feeder-dna-vid.html

Picsz are pre-A7, but I had a homemade RCA/CE2 RBA on it in the pics ;)

very impressive. its so clean and professional. you even put in the plug-in charger! :thumbs:

Rui P.

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2011
Portugal
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
QUOTE=Kemosabe;7874461]i couldnt resist the beauway 306 from nature vaper. it was $3.99. i feel like this may give me an idea of what a 306 is all about. i still plan to get some iken attys, like the 510 and 306, but mayeb i'll hang on until they get the bugs worked out.

glad to hear so much good news about the Avid 306s. i can see myself jumping into these. do you guys debridge them or use as-is?[/QUOTE]

I leave them alone because I wouldn't know what I'm doing. I only use my ciscos on my bottom feeders so a debridge to access the coil better wouldn't matter much. I've never been much of a modder/fiddler in my years of vaping with the exception of re-coiling RAs.

I'm too lazy and busy vaping to tinker-:sleep::vapor:[

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread