Whats YOUR favorite build on the Origen Dripper??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
I received my Origen about a week ago. I had been on the hunt for one of these for months, when I first received it I was wowwed by the look, feel, design, etc. HOWEVER I have not found a build that has blown me away. I find myself using my Omega and Patriot more times than not. I have basically become a micro coil guy (exclusively), but am open to other builds. I have been running a dual vertical micro, 26g wrapped around a 5/64 bit for 8 wraps, leaving me in the .4-.5 ohm range. I typically like to vape in the .3-.4 range, but was running this with my AW IMR 18500's (which have the same amp limit as the 18650's if you did not know), not my Sammy/Sony's, so didn't wanna go below .4.

I know most people that own an Origen absolutely love them, and I WANT to love this thing as it looks absolutely amazingly gorgeous on my ss turtle ship v2. I have: Organic cotton and 3mm Ekowool, along with 26 and 28g kanthal. I am open to ANY and ALL suggestions, but i'd prefer if you like to vape close to how I like it (warm, aggressive). I think the thing that's getting me is with that deep well, i'd anticipate way more puffs before having to drip. My origen AND patriot are outdoing it with the current wicking config I have on there; which is essentially a solid 2-3" piece of cotton pulled down and stuffed into the well.

Thanks, and happy vaping to all!

Last edited:

ronpaek100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I received my Origin about a week ago. I had been on the hunt for one of these for months, when I first received it I was wowwed by the look, feel, design, etc. HOWEVER I have not found a build that has blown me away. I find myself using my Omega and Patriot more times than not. I have basically become a micro coil guy (exclusively), but am open to other builds. I have been running a dual vertical micro, 26g wrapped around a 5/64 bit for 8 wraps, leaving me in the .4-.5 ohm range. I typically like to vape in the .3-.4 range, but was running this with my AW IMR 18500's (which have the same amp limit as the 18650's if you did not know), not my Sammy/Sony's, so didn't wanna go below .4.

I know most people that own an Origen absolutely love them, and I WANT to love this thing as it looks absolutely amazingly gorgeous on my ss turtle ship v2. I have: Organic cotton and 3mm Ekowool, along with 26 and 28g kanthal. I am open to ANY and ALL suggestions, but i'd prefer if you like to vape close to how I like it (warm, aggressive). I think the thing that's getting me is with that deep well, i'd anticipate way more puffs before having to drip. My origen AND patriot are outdoing it with the current wicking config I have on there; which is essentially a solid 2-3" piece of cotton pulled down and stuffed into the well.

Thanks, and happy vaping to all!

I feel your pain i'm experiencing the same thing I'm also running dual vertical micro coils 16g blunt tip needle I'm currently running a 28g kanthal dual coil build both with cotton my builds .5 ohms. I got this dripper because people have said it has deep juice well and that you can put a lot of juice in them. The flavor i'm getting is at best on part with a KFL+ that I have which is run at half the wattage i'm running my origin build at.. :(

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
I feel your pain i'm experiencing the same thing I'm also running dual vertical micro coils 16g blunt tip needle I'm currently running a 28g kanthal dual coil build both with cotton my builds .5 ohms. I got this dripper because people have said it has deep juice well and that you can put a lot of juice in them. The flavor i'm getting is at best on part with a KFL+ that I have which is run at half the wattage i'm running my origin build at.. :(

Yea, I hear ya. I mean, flavor is good, and the draw is 100000x better than the KFL but it just doesn't seem to wick that great. Gonna try an ekowool build and see how it goes.

Peppie

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
Bonney Lake Wa, US of A
I just got mine today. Did a dual micro @ 1 ohm with cotton. In the vertical.
As Stated above the flavor is on par with the Kayfun. The clouds are not as large as the Patriot (due to the coil ohm.)

It looks great on my cheap modded 8W

I thought I would get more hits,(with the deep wells) than I did. Probably due to the long lung hits. LOL

All in all I am pleased. $110 worth?????????????????????????

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
try xc-116 for the build perhaps? it seems to wick better than cotton, which will help. Ill let you know when I receive my origen dripper on Fri/Sat and get a build on it. :)

Hey! It's the Upland chickie! haha.. I actually just traded my Origen for a Kraken. I gave up. But I have heard good things about the xc-116, so definitely feel free to report back ;)

I don't think I ever updated, but I did in fact do a dual horizontal build before I traded it. I believe I did dual 26g, 7 wraps each around a 5/64 bit. Wicked it with cotton, had both sides drop down into the well. I think it was better than the vertical builds, but still didn't really do much for me. My Patriot/Omega get more puffs before having to drip. I love the AFC on the Omega, my Patriot is just at 3/32 which is pretty much perfect. IMO the Origen holes were too small. Even 'wide open' was a bit too tight for me. It wouldn't be too hard to open them up a tad, but I didn't wanna mod a $120 atty, just for resell reasons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread