What's your favorite type of cotton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thevapebro

Jan 26, 2017
New York
hello I was wondering what everyone's favorite type of cotton is. I have used pretty much all the common types like organic pads they work great for quite a few applications. Cotton bacon this was my go to for awhile but I found that it has an issue with break in and doesn't like to work in certain drippers. Rayon is definitely in a class all its own was the most absorbent of all of the cotton I have tried but has a really long break in time and I found that it was not for me. Native wicks is my new go to has 0 break in time and lasts longer than all my other cotton except for rayon but it also does have the downside of not wanting to work correctly in a few tanks I have like my obs crius plus and my cleito. I also know wicking is an art and I have gotten pretty good at it but would love to hear about others experience with the different types of cotton out there

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
My favorite type of cotton to use for wicks is organic cotton pads. I primarily use KGD - after 18 months I'm still using my very first $12 box. I also have many Muji pads. It really doesn't matter which I use, although I do slightly prefer to use a white cotton pad over a light-brown cotton pad.

Reactions: Opinionated

Thevapebro

Jan 26, 2017
New York
My favorite type of cotton to use for wicks is organic cotton pads. I primarily use KGD - after 18 months I'm still using my very first $12 box. I also have many Muji pads. It really doesn't matter which I use, although I do slightly prefer to use a white cotton pad over a light-brown cotton pad.

Thank you for your response. I also have a preference to white pads but from what I understand the brown ones are the true organic non bleached pads. I wish my pads lasted that long I have gone through a few boxes but my friends are always grabbing some out of my rebuild kit so I'm sure that contributed haha

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Thank you for your response. I also have a preference to white pads but from what I understand the brown ones are the true organic non bleached pads.

I don't have a way to independently verify it, but according to the Sephora and kohgendocosmetics websites, they claim it is "Made from 100% cotton that has not been chemically treated, bleached or pigmented".

NCCTC

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Hills-Vegas, NC
Yes, shipping can take awhile, but these organic pads are awesome.
I remove the outer part of the pad and "scottish roll", and keep the
leftovers for taste testing and cleaning. Amazon has em'
Cotton.jpg

eLicky

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2016
Sydney - Australia
I started with Muji, Koh Gen Do, Puff, ordered big bags of each. For some frustrating reason they were giving me a dry mouth build up over hours of vaping, I was sad because its so cheap and lasts so long. I purchased some Cotton Bacon V2 and it worked extremely well, no dry throat.

Having so many packets of 100-200 cotton pads here unusable this is what I did...

I made a nice looking eBay listings for each brand pad (Muji, Koh Gen Do, Puff) and sold the pads in packs of 10 quite cheap with basically free shipping. For every 2 sales made I could buy a packet of Cotton Bacon V2. Now I have about 8-packets of Cotton Bacon stockpiled and could have kept going.

8-packets will last me ages.

Reactions: LeeLee26

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
I started with Muji, Koh Gen Do, Puff, ordered big bags of each. For some frustrating reason they were giving me a dry mouth build up over hours of vaping, I was sad because its so cheap and lasts so long. I purchased some Cotton Bacon V2 and it worked extremely well, no dry throat.

Having so many packets of 100-200 cotton pads here unusable this is what I did...

I made a nice looking eBay listings for each brand pad (Muji, Koh Gen Do, Puff) and sold the pads in packs of 10 quite cheap with basically free shipping. For every 2 sales made I could buy a packet of Cotton Bacon V2. Now I have about 8-packets of Cotton Bacon stockpiled and could have kept going.

8-packets will last me ages.
where do you get this. I was looking at the cotton on eBay :)

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Japanese organic cotton, both KGD and some generic Japanese organic cotton. Works just fine. Never tried Rayon and it never held out enough appeal to me to get a lifetime supply in one box. But that's me, as I know there are lots of folks here who swear by Rayon.

PM me your address. I am more than happy to send you a free sample of Graham's Cellucotton 100% Rayon.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread