The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What's your favourite homeblend?

Discussion in 'Australia - New Zealand Forum' started by dinium, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. k.rad

k.rad Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2010
    Adelaide, Australia
    Hoyts is the brand. They make preserved and pickled jarred food that I've noticed before, but I saw the Coffee Sport Extract (again, ...?) in the supermarket alongside the Queen flavourings so decided to give it a try.

It was a Foodland supermarket, which I think are affiliated with IGA, so IGA could be worth a shot if you wanna find some.

2. Kimmyw

Kimmyw Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2010
    QLD Australia
    The alcohol level should help keep the atty clean..

3. dinium

dinium Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Dang! Another thing I need to add to the shopping list :p

4. k.rad

Mar 7, 2010
    Adelaide, Australia
    My bad, it's actually only 70% alcohol. Still enough to get a brave kid drunk though.

5. dinium

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Who said anything about brave? :rolleyes:

6. k.rad

Mar 7, 2010
    Adelaide, Australia
    haha.. don't mind me. I just had some memories of a couple of idiot friends getting drunk on vanilla essence back in high school.

Do you guys use pipettes for your homeblends? I bought a glass dropper from the chemist the other day, but it's really sh!tty and will obviously be tedious to use for larger batches. (It's tedious enough with tiny test brews.)

Where might I find pipettes?

7. COM76

COM76 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    I got like 15 pipettes with an order from xtremevaping. I have not seen them on the shelves or at the chemist. I also purchased a glass dropper and like you said they are tedious but good for making a test mix as it is really accurate.

After some help. I as some of you know have problems with VG (fauldings and Melrose). I have been getting into mixing and the lack of vapour that i get from my mixes is really annoying. Im sure its just psycological as the vapour does nothing else. I use PG based commercial mixes (Dekang and TW) and they provide great vapour. How do they achieve this without PG or do you think they add little amounts of VG. If they do my gut does not pick up on it.

8. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    To help keep on thread topic also. I made a great mix with Lorann flavours on the weekend. It consisted of 10mls PG, 2mls Mango, 1ml Watermellon, 1ml 100mg nic and a few drops of vodka. Let it rest over night and it is extremely tasty. But once again not a lot of vapour. (i did take a few mls aside and added some VG but once again got bad gut problems).

9. dinium

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Aromatherapy shops, cake ingredient shops or ebay...

I prefer to use large gauge syringes (from the chemist) - it makes for more accurate measurements.

10. dinium

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Should we get MrDismal to tweak the topic to Home Brew hints and tips? I think the both the recipe ideas and general info is good value.

11. k.rad

Mar 7, 2010
    Adelaide, Australia
    *slaps forehead* I actually do a bit of work for a pathology lab, so I should be able to get some pipettes from there.

Mango and watermelon... that sounds good, com. I'll have to get around to ordering some Lorann and try that myself.

12. k.rad

Mar 7, 2010
    Adelaide, Australia
    agreed...........

13. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    I think so to. I got told to shut up discreetly buy another member. I often ramble and talk about random ..... I dont think a conversation should be controlled but its nice to go to a thread for ideas and find them easy without a lot of chatter to sort over. Go MrDismal work your magic. We love you.

14. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    Just made a mix of queens creme de cafe and queens vanila. About 1.5ml creme and 1ml van 4ml 60/40 pg and a touch of vodka. Really nice probably my best flavour yet and it was made without lorann flavours.

15. dinium

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    What does creme de cafe taste like? I've never had it... or if I have, didn't know it.

16. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    I had not seen it before either. It comes in a 50ml bottle. It is like a delux queens flavour, there is also a cherry something one being sold next to it. I got it at coles. I love my coffee and this is a must for coffee lovers. I am gonna mix it with chocolate to make a mocha :)

17. Dogsbody

Dogsbody Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Australia
    for flavour testing, I just mix up a carto condom worth at a time, usually just about 6 drops of EM VG 36 and 2-3 drops of Loranns, and 2 drops of vodka or a few drops of a suitable cheap DK PG liquid to thin it.
    I have been quite impressed with the strength of the Loranns and usually find anyone within 2-3 meters usually coments how nice it smells,(massive lingering vapour cloud too) and find that I always over-do it as it can get a bit sickly and find I dont chain vape like usual.
    Today I just added 2 drops to a condom full of a bland DK flavour and it made it quite good.

I will have to try the creme de cafe and van Queens mix, as I have not really touched them since I got the Loranns.

18. Dogsbody

Dogsbody Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Australia
    I found the creme-de-cafe beside the Cherry Brandy, both were in the large 50ml bottle as COM76 said.

Bottom left corner of pic.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. dinium

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    My supermarket sucks compared to yours. Dearer prices and half the range.

20. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    lol yeah i think i pay 1.10 for mine i have gotten them for 1.00 at other places. 99c wins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.